Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

For my elevation and the amount of snow faliling and the temp this is really iritating. We have heavy snow. The snow on the fields is acumilating well but the roads and pavements nothing, It's getting annoying. Gone colder though so that's good and flakes bigger it accumilated earlier then thawd a little and now starting to accumilate again.

Posted
For my elevation and the amount of snow faliling and the temp this is really iritating. We have heavy snow. The snow on the fields is acumilating well but the roads and pavements nothing, It's getting annoying. Gone colder though so that's good and flakes bigger it accumilated earlier then thawd a little and now starting to accumilate again.

Same here as your aware, very frustrating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
this is a long winter,,,,Months its been cold really....

now more snow.........

you complaining ?? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow eased off here now, 5-6 inches in the fields, 2-3inches elsewhere, roads are nasty around my area but clear down the hill. Snow covered trees, looks wonderful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Himm dogs, Looks like we *may* get some more tonight :lol:

Posted
you complaining ?? :lol:

it just seems very long Clint...I would like another white out though....but nice are the days of TS watching

Lynxus where did u see that mate

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Been lighlty snowing all day here in Milford Haven, but had a large thaw earlier so roads and paves reasonably clear. However started snowing heavily again now and just starting to re-lay.

Looking at meteox, there is a heavy band coming up from france, but it may well go NE :lol:

Woody

Posted
it just seems very long Clint...I would like another white though....but nice are the days of TS watching

Theres some stuff moving up now and the Metoffice says so :lol:

Looking on Metox.com you can see it brewing.

Not sure where it will head though.

Posted
it just seems very long Clint...I would like another white out though....but nice are the days of TS watching

I know what you mean, it seems to have started the last week of October and has been cold since, other than the odd couple of weeks here and there, I thinkwe just are not used to this any more.

Some more tonight?? wow it's like buses you wait years for some decent snow then we get loads all at once. :lol:

Posted

im just hoping that system tracks a little more west than they think, that means somerset would get a good pasting and so should lots of other places, just means the east would miss out but then they have had their fair share already!! lol

Posted

Humm looks like according to the BBC it wont quite get this far north.

But who knows..

will have to keep an eye on.

The places southeast of here could be in for a LOT of snow! look like it may hang around from midnight through till 17:00 tomorrow.

Metoffice show it will. But as with all these systems they tend to move differently to predicted, lets hope it goes more NW than what its heading.

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

I am really pleased for all you lucky people, I really am. However spare a thought for all of us poor people of south Devon who haven't seen a speck of lying snow, It is heartbreaking to know that just 30 miles north of us have seen such a large amount. I will continue to hope and pray that we will see some illusive white stuff at some stage (not holding my breath though) It is however considerably colder here this afternoon than it has been for a few days. Please,please let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
I am really pleased for all you lucky people, I really am. However spare a thought for all of us poor people of south Devon who haven't seen a speck of lying snow, It is heartbreaking to know that just 30 miles north of us have seen such a large amount. I will continue to hope and pray that we will see some illusive white stuff at some stage (not holding my breath though) It is however considerably colder here this afternoon than it has been for a few days. Please,please let it snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were in a similar situation here until this week, so I can sympathise with ow you are feeling, just hold on in there it will happen in sunny Devon sooner rather than later. :lol:

Posted
(Michael Prys-Roberts @ 5 Feb 2009, 12:45 PM)

Well at least we haven't got sunshine today to melt all the snow.

A very slow thaw here with slightly brighter skies and an air temperature nudging 2.0c, we're down to a 2 inch coverning as opposed to the 3 inches we started at.

And yet more snow tonight into tomorrow :):) !

The temperature is falling again, down to 1.6c and the next frontal wave is showing up to the SW on the radar.

Posted

So that system heading north currently over the Cherbourg pennisula is that the one headed our way?

Posted
if you believe the BBC it looks like the chard/yeovil area could get a few hours worth of it, might have to relocate for the night!!!!

You are quite welcome to pitch a tent in the garden... :) (stones throw from Yeovil/Chard