Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
Hi PL sorry about our little disagreement the other day hope we can both put that behind us now we both look set to get what we want, i.e. some snowfall. After midnight you say til the next batch- should I try and get some sleep in now? :)

NP mate, I have no problems with you. I will certainly be getting some sleep tonight then waking around 4am to make the most of tommorow. Still not sure about the band moving up from the SE... think I'm gunna be on the borderline as to whether I will see snow turning to sleet/rain for a time tommorow... touch and go.

Posted

Well, last post of the day.

Not much doing here in Lincoln. A light covering of snow until about 7pm when it all stopped and nothing doing since. Roads all clear and no problems to report.

Posted

Got a slight covering of snow in Derby, started settling properly at about 5pm.

Had showers on and of all day, although they seem to have eased off. Was partly cloudy a few minutes ago.

Hopefully see more persitant snow later in the night and tomorrow.

Posted

Quote from Grimsby

An interesting update LO. I could really do with a bit of snow, struggling at the minute. Does this cloud have any chance of hitting us and producing snow, a cm will do Im not greedy!!!

i find myself at odds with TEITS last post and think that object A on the sat image will produce fairly soon as it fills the clear slot we are currently in what is interesting is Area C on the sat is expanding North it seems and may join up with area A giving one large area hitting Norfolk Lincs And Humber.

Thats my Take on it anyway.

LO

Posted
Got a slight covering of snow in Derby, started settling properly at about 5pm.

Had showers on and of all day, although they seem to have eased off. Was partly cloudy a few minutes ago.

Hopefully see more persitant snow later in the night and tomorrow.

Sounds the same as here, keep those fingers crossed for later on in the night

Flash warnings of severe or extreme weather

Yorkshire & Humber: Drifting Snow & Heavy Snow

Outbreaks of snow are expected to continue throughout this evening, overnight and into Monday, bringing a covering of snow to most places. 5 to 10cm is likely in some areas with perhaps 15cm in places, especially over the southern Pennines and across parts of southeast England, including London. Drifting is likely over high ground in the strong east or northeasterly winds. The Public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 2018 Sun 1 Feb

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/...t_warnings.html

Posted
Quote from Grimsby

An interesting update LO. I could really do with a bit of snow, struggling at the minute. Does this cloud have any chance of hitting us and producing snow, a cm will do Im not greedy!!!

i find myself at odds with TEITS last post and think that object A on the sat image will produce fairly soon as it fills the clear slot we are currently in what is interesting is Area C on the sat is expanding North it seems and may join up with area A giving one large area hitting Norfolk Lincs And Humber.

LO

I will take that, are you able to speak to those weather gods and make it snow tons where we live LOL :lol:

Posted
Quote from Grimsby

LO

Sorry LO but my post was referring to the actual precip on the radar for the UK. Im currently looking at that mass over the N Sea and its certainly worth following.

Just mention but if that mass to the SE keeps growing it will reach me!!

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
just t back up what i mean look for area A and C on this 15min radar link.

http://www.sat24.com/

LO

agreed, it clearly shows what you mean. Lets hope for more snow form it

Posted

I have just been outside and it is absolutely freezing, local weather station shows -1C and dew point of -4C. It is really blowy out there will loads of snow falling heavily. The depth of snow that I currently have is 8cm at its lowest, as I couldn't get to the deepest parts, without venturing too far out.

Posted
Sorry LO but my post was referring to the actual precip on the radar for the UK. Im currently looking at that mass over the N Sea and its certainly worth following.

Just mention but if that mass to the SE keeps growing it will reach me!!

Hiya Dave sorry mis read ya post but i have to say you were spot on with your comments last night about areas in the firing line, did you see the sat24 link to see the mass moving up from N France meeting the area out of N Holland?, i think like you that this could be part of the real deal for some within the hour or so. what do you think?

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Posted
Hey everyone, just want to clear things up for people so we can avoid "will it snow here" "and how much possible" all the time. I hope it helps :lol:

My take:

post-4342-1233525035_thumb.png

Thanks for that HA a very useful and comprehensive explaination. I suppose only time will tell

Posted
NP mate, I have no problems with you. I will certainly be getting some sleep tonight then waking around 4am to make the most of tommorow. Still not sure about the band moving up from the SE... think I'm gunna be on the borderline as to whether I will see snow turning to sleet/rain for a time tommorow... touch and go.

I'm trying not to think about that at the moment. The local weather station did not mention it turning to rain in the report they issued today so I'm banking on that being correct.

Thing is mate I was hoping to watch the Superbowl tonight and that doesn't finish 'til 3am/silly o clock. Think I'm going to have to give it a miss as snow watching is far more important anyway.

Snizzling again now here in Northants- are London & the SE hogging all the heavy stuff? :lol:

Posted
Hey everyone, just want to clear things up for people so we can avoid "will it snow here" "and how much possible" all the time. I hope it helps :rolleyes:

My take:

post-4342-1233525035_thumb.png

Good summary HA exactly my feelings especially the two areas out of the coast you pointed out (as seen on my images) so to all who are watching i think this is the way things are going

LO

Posted

Hello guys. Just found this website. I love the snow and hoping for some serious amounts over the next 24 gours or so. I am in Ibstock, Leicestershire. We have a covering of around 2cm at the moment. It has just stopped again though. I won't be able to sleep tonight and I have to be up at 5.50am!!!!!

Posted
Snizzling again now here in Northants- are London & the SE hogging all the heavy stuff? :rolleyes:

Indeed.

Really looking forward to watching developments around midnight though. I will then grab 3-4 hours sleep unless heavy ppn is right on my doorstep. A few power naps will be required tommorow throughout the day I think...

Hello guys. Just found this website. I love the snow and hoping for some serious amounts over the next 24 gours or so. I am in Ibstock, Leicestershire. We have a covering of around 2cm at the moment. It has just stopped again though. I won't be able to sleep tonight and I have to be up at 5.50am!!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Please place your location in your profile so we know where your reports are coming from. :D

Posted
post-1104-1233525286_thumb.jpg

thats how much so far, argh we are in a gap at mo :D

Yeah it's frustrating isn't it :rolleyes: All night yet though so hopefully

in an hour or so things will pick up again.

Posted

Welcome to NW Stipey do us a quick favour and put your location on ya sig using your controls

LO