Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

I will post this again. What do you mean NEILSOUTH, "Netw seem to be lagging"????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Bah, all the showers are a few miles to the North and South of me.....

Still, I have high hopes to wake up to something tomorrow.

Posted

Let Burnham join Rochford - diddly squat here as well, cloudy overhead (infact continuous) but nothing falling. Danbury, Maldon, Heybridge, Shoeburyness, infact all around but not here. Funny watching the Liverpool v Chelsea game and there's more there than here huh?!!

Edited by Timmy H

Bah, all the showers are a few miles to the North and South of me.....

Still, I have high hopes to wake up to something tomorrow.

It's the same at Watford! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

A good inch has fallen where I live(Witham). Can't even see the grass on my back garden at the mo!!!

If it keeps going on like the weather forecast predicts, this could be the most snow in my area since 1991!!! B) :lol:

Posted
Snowing again here, the radar shows it may be like this for a while now - constant flurries.

we have been getting showers every fifteen minutes or so since 3.30

Posted

Slightly surprised at the latest BBC forecast.

Now going for 25cm around the thames but only mentioned isolated snow showers for E Anglia.

Personally I said a few days ago there would be two main convective zones 1. NE England, 2. SE. However I feel the suggestion of onlyisolated snow showers is underplaying it a bit IMO.

As per usual the radar is the best forecast for tonight.

P.S Looks like tomorrow it will remain as snow for me. :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Well I've just returned from a walk along the Downs behind Brighton, up near the race course if anybody knows the area. I was very surprised by the number of snow showers, some of which were pretty heavy with near blizzard conditions at times. A covering of snow now, even on some of the roads, and looking back down on Brighton, all the rooftops are white. Certainly a lot more snow than I was expecting today and hopefully just a taster of things to come, based on the 'flash' warning of severe weather for this area :lol:

Posted
p1000840oo4.th.jpg

the current view out my front door! a rather chilly -3.1 with a light breeze.

Errm forget the snow, my fav car is on the right of the pic! You lucky so and so! :lol:

Anyway, we now have a total covering on all surfaces including the road which now has the tracks of cars in it! Must be approaching the most we have had all winter and its only just getting going.

Shame its dark now but i have the 1million candle power torch at the ready and the lampost is outside the spare room! B) B)

Matt. :D

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Back from a lovely long walk this afternoon. Almost a shame to come back lol!

Left home as the snow started falling heavily and settling straightaway and this continued non stop for nearly a couple of hours with some really thick heavy bursts mixed in. The snow is quite powdery and it soon became crunchy under foot. There is a nice base cover over everthing now and although it hasn't snowed heavily for an hour or so there are still plenty of steady light showers coming through. Beautiful afternoon - you can't beat convective snow like this!

It is freezing quite hard now and those tale tale icicles on cars where water has dripped from warm car bonnets is a big giveaway! :lol:

Posted
Errm forget the snow, my fav car is on the right of the pic! You lucky so and so! :lol:

Anyway, we now have a total covering on all surfaces including the road which now has the tracks of cars in it! Must be approaching the most we have had all winter and its only just getting going.

Shame its dark now but i have the 1million candle power torch at the ready and the lampost is outside the spare room! B) B)

Matt. :D

forget the cars, its all about the snow!

Posted

I'm a bit confused! Just watched the bbc forecast and it doesn't look like much snow for my location tonight.

We have had a shower or two which left a covering but the sky is pretty clear at the moment.

Have things changed and I won't get any snow tonight or am I just expecting it all too early and its still to come?

Any thoughts appreciated (positive ones preferably)!

Thanks

Anita