Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Can Anyon help or point me in a direction of a forcast that will tell m what time to exepct rain in Shropshire... were currently dry ATM

Im moving house today, and if its coming quick i will crack on with it!

Any help would be good

cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

First rumble of thunder here. Did start to lighten up a bit but getting exceptionally dark again now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

yes, just had a brief lull but the rain's intensifying again and it's pretty heavy

Posted

Well this is serious weather torrential, thunder since 7am. It now looks like the worst, for now anyway, is over.

I have two rain gauges, the electronic Oregon gauge reads 37mm, however the glass manual one reads 49mm? The Oregon book states the gauge in heavy rain can have a +-15% accuracy range! Which is correct!!

Posted

Haevy rain continuing now since 8am, thunder and lightening observed about half an hour ago but nothing since then. Jimmyay I think yoru too far east for this as like you say it's gradually heading NW, even though the low level cloud is coming from the NE!! I think we've had at least an inch here this morning, big puddles everywhere but nothing too serious thankfully (at the moment!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well i have to say i can't see why we have a 70% risk of disruption here and a flash warning out. Looks like all the heavy stuff is staying south of Brum. The rain appears to be making no northward progress at all, just East to West.

I'm looking to tomorrow for some decent storms as decent CAPE correlates with an area of wind convergence moving north. Very similar tomorrow to the set up back on the 15th June when i saw my first funnel cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Just drizzle here in Tamworth, Staffordshire so far and looking at the radar, the bulk of the rain looks as though it will skim just below us unless the direction changes soon.

Similar here Supacell, the rain is slow moving and seems to be just turning east to west without making any sort iof progress northwards. Is there any sort of system further south thats going to give it a kick up the backside? Otherwise I can look forward to a dry day! <_<

Posted

Seem to have caught the edge of it so far, would say moderate rain, with the odd bit of thunder and lightning, think it might get a bit rough over the next hour hear though!

Posted
well so far the met have got it right for this area...80% zone....non stop heavy rain no let up

Not looking too good on the Radar for us. Hope those who got flooded in Cheltenham/Longlevens have their sandbags ready!

Posted
Haevy rain continuing now since 8am, thunder and lightening observed about half an hour ago but nothing since then. Jimmyay I think yoru too far east for this as like you say it's gradually heading NW, even though the low level cloud is coming from the NE!! I think we've had at least an inch here this morning, big puddles everywhere but nothing too serious thankfully (at the moment!)

Still thundering here, V loud now. witnessed something strike very close to Tesco, Hookwood this morning about 9.15. Sounded like a massive explosion.

Posted
The rain seems to be easing a bit, after approximately 70 minutes of heavy rain with the occasional torrential burst.

Scrap that. The rain seems to be more intense than ever now.

Edited by Dancc

Posted

moderate to heavy rain since the early hours, intensified again in the last 15 minutes to torrential and looking downstream on the radar there's more headed this way, not looking good for my trip to Newbury races tomorrow

Posted

Things should get going on the eastern half of the midlands, more esp Camb/Norfolk/Suffolk and possibly S.Lincs, it seems you maybe missing out at the moment bit it will get going in these areas. The heaviest was always progged for C,S England & E.Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Coming down even harder here now since 0630 - no let up.

This is becoming reminiscent of one day last August when we had 5 inches in five hours with constant thunder and lightning. I have never experienced a five hour thunderstorm before but it seemed to be caught between the hills in the valley. Of course, we all had our garages flooded as the common behind the house became saturated and it ran off and across our road straight down the hill.

That was good fun, I can tell you.

Andy

Posted
Not looking too good on the Radar for us. Hope those who got flooded in Cheltenham/Longlevens have their sandbags ready!

Hi monkey.

yea I think its going to be the same again.

On the met loop the rain is getting heavier and we are in the middle of the area.#And its not moving much,could turn nasty.My friend had a

#caravan wrote off last time...they have just got a new one....Its in the same place where it got flooded last time(longelevns)

Posted
Still thundering here, V loud now. witnessed something strike very close to Tesco, Hookwood this morning about 9.15. Sounded like a massive explosion.

non event here in London - appears there was lots of media overhype especitally for this area.

someone in the office reported flooding in Horsham though.