Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. B87 Wasn't 1995 a La Nina summer? PS: I haven't checked!
  3. In Absence of True Seasons Don't jinx it lmao Still decent enough, better than forecast...
  4. A chilly start to the morning in Buxton as the temperature overnight dropped down to -0.4'c and DCC were proactive in laying some grit down on the main roads before sunrise in anticipation of potential ice, I was hearing the 'clinks' against the car and it wasn't until the ice-warning came on the dashboard that I put two+two together. Currently at 9.9'c although it's still feeling bitterly cold out there.
  5. 78/79 And the local (private) golf course had sprinklers going almost 24/7!
  6. It will change at some point. Let's hope it's the second week of May!
  7. stainesbloke frost damage is becoming a regular problem for the continent. Mild start to spring followed by continental frosts in April. Toxic combo for the growers of delicate fruits. I'm predicting an large increase in UK wine production. We're benefitting from early spring warmth also, but our late season frosts are not as severe as the continent, and are usually well within the limits of mitigation. This April is a great example of this. We've had a cool airmass yes, but most of the south has barely had an air frost. We could do grapes with that setup.
  8. Today
  9. danm More chance of surviving a fall off the empire state building than that coming off but hey, we live in hope! Lol.
  10. A decent start to the day. Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze. It actually feels quite warm in the sun. Looks like it’s slowly starting to cloud over, however.
  11. Shows the level of intelligence on the subject that's out there lol.
  12. Rare nice & sunny morning which reminds you of what April used to be like! But...our gorgeous friend, Stratocumulus is shrouding the sky back to a more November feel. We have reached our sun quota for the week now. I wonder what morning next week may have a couple of hours of sun?
  13. Remember in winter showers have to survive all the way from the north Sea as they don't develop over land but now they are developing over land instead so can start much closer to us.
  14. Agree. A couple of several-day heatwaves do not make a good summer, let alone a hot one. Same as how in winter a couple of cold snaps in and otherwise mild season, don't make a proper winter (2023/24 being a prime example).
  15. Dusting of wet looking snow evident on at least some of the hills around the Vale of Alford first thing this morning. Warming up a bit next week?
  16. Alderc 2.0 That's tough, hope your dog's alright.
  17. Friday 26th April 2024 Variable cloud overnight. Turning mostly clear towards dawn, ground frost developing. Sunny spells this morning, cloud bubbling up. 24-hour maximum 10.0c 24-hour minimum 0.5c Minimum temperature on grass -3.0c Maximum wind gust: Midnight to Midnight) 19.6 mph SW Rainfall total = tr.mm Conditions at 09:00 GMT 5 Oktas Cumulus mediocris, congestus, Cirrus Visibility >10 miles Temperature: 9.7c Humidity 74.1% Wind Direction N force 3 Barometer 1004.0mb rising slowly Yesterday. Clear spells overnight, frost forming,clouding over shortly after dawn. A good deal of cloud to start, sunny intervals developing around mid morning. Turning mostly cloudy towards late morning with the odd light shower around. The afternoon continued cloudy, odd light shower.
  18. Well guys and gals, let's hope the GFS is on to something here for the second week of May. Please lord, deliver this for us...
  19. A decent morning. Shame it's not going to last until much later but better than the entire day being dull and dreary
  20. Let's hope the GFS has picked up on a new trend as we head into the second week of May:
  21. Alderc 2.0 jeez, sorry to hear that. I hope they catch the bugger, or did they stop once they hit you?
  22. WYorksWeather I reckon definitely 100% we are gonna beat last year and it will once again be the hottest on record, before calming down a little in the next few years, then re heating. The record heat years seems to be closing that gap too between them.
  23. Some fantastic Northern Blocking on this mornings ECM, the Greenland High by day 9 is a peach, the UK remains on the cold side of the jet so any warm up will be fleeting. Best keep the central heating on. Andy
  1. Load more activity