Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I think this could be just because it's gone over month end. I'm sure I recall someone saying on here in winter that the anomalies (colours) are against monthly average values, so the latter two charts against June, the first against May.
  3. They could not predict a pint in a pub. None of ofthem.Including the publicly funded Met Office. Useless and perhaps more useless than 10 years ago.
  4. Hi Callum, No, you're fine. I've checked on the Odds comparison website Oddschecker and that eventuality, is 40/1. See link below: https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/world-cup/world-cup-2019/straight-forecast I'll enter your prediction, into my Competition folder. Your "virtual" Stake for that prediction will be £2. Thank you. Regards, Tom.
  5. When using the 61-90 averages.. I wasn’t around during that time, but during my lifetime so far this has definitely been a chillier than normal spring apart from a couple warmer spells, constant northern blocking...
  6. Reading between the lines of what the cfs is showing for June plus other latest update from you know who... I'm not seeing a bad first month of summer, it looks average with a mixture of ridging / high pressure and showery disturbances (troughs) so something for everyone really with plenty of fine warm weather and some heavy, thundery showers so not a heatwave drought but no cool washout either!!
  7. Hi @TomSE12 as I mentioned before I dont have a clue how this tournament will work so if those are not possible matchups in the final just tell me and I will correct it NAME THE EXACT FINISHING ORDER: 1st.AUSTRALIA 2nd. PAKISTAN
  8. Temperatures were over 1C above average for both March and April.
  9. What do you expect an entire month to be nice in the UK? It doesn't work that way. Not even in the sub tropical south. I give a reprisal of the weather and its been ok.. not amazing. But this is the UK. May coulda been a lot worse.. and often is.
  10. Today
  11. It’s only become decent in recent days. Last week was sunny and clear, but before that the weather was cool and cloudy for long periods. Hopefully we have seen an end of that until late September.
  12. Looking into FI the cfs shows the uk in warm front sector on the big day..surprise surprise!
  13. Some posts have been hidden/edited. Any more issues please report them to the team, Do not air them in here as folk log on to read constructive posts. Thankyou please continue
  14. The cfs 0z for the month of June into early July indicates a decent amount of ridging / high pressure mixed with occasional showery troughs, however, late June / early July has a stronger anticyclonic signal currently!
  15. we are currently overnighting in Topeka and plan to be leaving around 9.30am US time. we will be heading southish.
  16. I’ve noticed that too. Northern Blocking doesn’t look half as strong as it did previously
  17. Its another pleasant day here. Its far from cold by any means partly cloudy skies.I actually don't think this May as been that bad what so-ever.
  18. Something to keep an eye on: Day 6 cluster: Day 10 cluster: Day 15 cluster: Notice how the very strong reds and oranges indicative of Greenland/northern blocking are starting to ease. 2 of the clusters show a build of Scandi heights too....so worth watching out for.
  19. Always decides to cloud over on my day off, still feeling warm at 17c with light winds and humidity of 54%... hopefully sun comes out again soon
  20. I'm hopeful the GEFS is on the right track with increasing potential for high pressure and warmth beyond the upcoming cooler unsettled spell which may turn out to be no more than a blip and mainly for the north as the 6z operational shows!!.
  21. The GEFS 6z mean improves significantly over time as the previous runs with some support for a warmer anticyclonic early June period or perhaps even something very warm, humid, continental and thundery..or both!!
  22. Back to 1999 well known song. New millennium height of trance music.
  23. Monday 27 May - Wednesday 5 June Showers or perhaps longer spells of rain are likely on Bank Holiday Monday in some areas, along with blustery winds at times. The rain is more likely in the north, but still there is a chance of the odd shower in the south, amongst some sunny spells. Temperatures are likely to be near the seasonal average for many, but cool in any rain. It is most likely to be driest in the southeast, where it will be warm in some places. The changeable and rather cool weather is likely to continue through the following week. There will be showers or longer spells of rain at times, including the odd heavy or thundery shower. However, there will be some dry and bright spells too. Thursday 6 June - Thursday 20 June It is too early to give much detail for this period, but the first half of June is likely to be a mixture of dry settled periods and changeable spells. In general, drier and less windy weather is more likely across northern parts of the UK, though southern areas can expect some of these quieter spells too. These periods of drier and settled weather will be mixed in with cooler, showery spells as Atlantic weather systems arrive from the west. Temperatures are forecast to be close to the average for the time of year. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast
  1. Load more activity