Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Liverpool fans must be worried City will have a field day if Man U play like this on Wednesday
  3. Utter dribble.... It does actually feel like summer!!!! And these 10c and widespread frosts???? Really!!! It will still feel very pleasent in the sun.... Any frost being subject to clear skies also. This unsettled and cooler weather is simply a blip... Get used to it... Ps.... I nearly fell off me sun lounger when I read that post... You heard correct.... Sun lounger in April
  4. I dont think the gfs has got a handle on this Pete, definitely some unsettled conditions by midweek and perhaps widely unsettled by next weekend... But beyond that warmer and settled Conditions look like returning by early May! Another good update from exeter also... Make the most of the rain next week folks, Summer will be back.... I'm gonna do an @ANYWEATHER but the other way round and say we could be looking at one of the warmest and driest May's on record!!! Remember where you heard it first folks!!
  5. I think somewhere around London will get the high today, temps over towards Hamps are a degree or so lower than yesterday at 2pm. 25-26c likely somewhere like Heathrow, St James Park, Kew, or Hampton W W.
  6. I know its spring but its going to feel like Autumn, especially with Sub 528DAM modelled by Mr and Mrs GFS over much of the UK as we go into May. Daytime maxes around 10C at midday across uk with widespread frost over night. It would give a feel of mid-November. http://www.wetterzentrale.de/topkarten.php?map=1&model=gfs&var=33&run=0&time=300&lid=OP&h=0&mv=0&tr=3#mapref Mr and Mrs ECM paint a similar picture too:: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/topkarten.php?map=1&model=ecm&var=2&time=240&run=0&lid=OP&h=0&mv=0&tr=24 Wish you could remember its only Spring when your waffling on about it feeling like Summer.... As for your latest post I wouldn't get too excited about the GEFS 6z, as both Mr GFS and Mr ECM hint at northern blocking taking hold in May, Although this time more to the north west of the UK tending to keep us cooler and showery.
  7. Very good to see the storm season beginning. As supacell has mentioned above, some decent chances of afternoon storms for Tuesday. Watch out for the shortwave into Wednesday aswell, for more east/southeastern parts, before Thursday looks like a very typical late April day with sunshine and showers, but Tuesday and Wednesday could well see “weak” Spanish plumey type storms occur. Not a bad start!
  8. Today
  9. United top four race is over... Their back to being utter s*** So their will chuck the game weds i guess.. Mind you not like their would do anything against City with how poor United r at the minute
  10. Solskjaer has done a superb job of taking United from 6th to 6th.
  11. Man U now haven't kept a clean sheet in 11 games it's the worst run they've had since 1998
  12. Here the general trend is towards wetter months but not by much. However increased water demand, poor infrastructure and poor land and river maintenance probably haven't helped much.
  13. I despise high pressure mid April onwards as it brings very boring weather like we have currently, roll on unsettled weather wed onwards with some convection hopefully, shows you how warm our climate has become though when 15C will feel cool in just bleedin' April.
  14. Sunny Sheffield at 7.8C +0.1C above normal. Rainfall 5mm 7.9% of normal.
  15. Happy Easter to all. I will now post up the Racing Post link to the runners for tomorrow's Irish Grand National, at Fairyhouse: https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/182/fairyhouse/2019-04-22/725584 You will need to choose 3 horses in this Race and **NAP** the selection you think, most likely to win. Failure to **NAP** one of your sections will result in your **NAP** being taken, as your first named selection. Please Copy/Paste your 3 selections into the boxes, provided below: Category 1. 5.00 FAIRYHOUSE (Irish Grand National) SELECTION 1: SELECTION 2: SELECTION 3: Your selections must be posted up by NOON, on Easter Monday 22nd April. Thank you. I will now send out a second "courtesy" invitation to enter, to those Members who entered the Aintree Grand National Tipping Competition. Regards, Tom.
  16. Mild and cloudy in winter with temps around 12-14 degrees. It’s boring. Much prefer temps of below 10c with cloud, to make it more seasonal. Warm and humid between May and August when you expect plus 20c days, but end up with longer spells of cloudy dull days, which can last for weeks at a time, and even if the temps are over 21c, it doesn’t feel summery. Just humid and depressing. At the same time, it can be cold also, if we go a long time without sunny days, so a 20-22c day can go from being humid to feeling cool. I just despise that type of set up between May and august, especially if it dominates the summer. 2015, and 16 spring to mind. 1996 was also like that.
  17. Why do folk appear so invested in both a long solar min and a low number for cycle 25? Surely we will see what we will see? If by Aug we have not seen a growing flux and new cycle spots becoming more common I'll rethink my acceptance of the earlier projections but until then we are sat at solar min and about to see cycle 25 ramp up over the next year.
  18. Craigers

Sunset at Saltburn

Amazing to see the sunset at the eastcoast! Such a nice perspective. Starting to like saltburn more than Whitby at moment.
  1. Load more activity