Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. jonboy Read the post again. I didn't say if your opinion differs to mine you're a denier. But if you're off the opinion that either a. the Earth isn't warming, or b. it is but not mainly due to human activity, then I would call that denialist. The reason being that the evidence for it is about as solid as the fact that if I were to throw a rock off a building, it would hit the ground rather than levitating up into the sky. The reason I have very little time for 'it's natural' or 'the Earth isn't warming' as an argument is because it's frankly boring. I mean you can hit me with an argument for either of those positions if you like - if it's a new one I've not heard before I'll take an interest. But the issue has been absolutely done to death - the scientific debate on whether the Earth is warming and on the cause ended decades ago for a reason. Here is just a brief, non-exhaustive list of factors that have been considered as alternative explanations for the main part of the warming, all of which have been examined and rejected: Solar activity Internal variability Milankovich cycles Ocean currents ENSO Volcanoes Urban heat islands Those issues make up easily 90% or more of the talking points I read online, probably more than that. And every one of them takes about five minutes to debunk. That's the reason there's no point debating it any more. I mean, if you have a brand new contribution on the issue I've not heard before, I'm happy to reopen the discussion. In terms of the use of the term denier, the reason it is used is in contrast to the term sceptic - you could perhaps more neutrally call them those with a non-mainstream view on climate change, but of course that doesn't roll off the tongue. The reason to use the term denier is that sceptic implies scepticism in the scientific sense - which is perfectly natural and healthy. But if scepticism goes beyond demanding evidence, double checking data, and interrogating sources and so on (all perfectly normal in science), and instead proceeds to casting aside all the data, alleging grand conspiracies without evidence, or even in the most egregious cases just making stuff up or misrepresenting the mainstream science, then it is often referred to as denial. I'm afraid that I don't think that's particularly unfair.
  3. A couple of clips from the chasers...,dang this is a biggy. bandicam 2024-04-27 00-12-09-014.mp4 bandicam 2024-04-27 00-21-12-678.mp4
  4. Penrith Snow was it not that they said people in the med would come here on holiday to cool off with the extreme heat there?
  5. Its crazy how we've had multiple violent wedges in an enhanced 10%#, significant overperformance than what all the models were showing. 67 tornado reports and counting.
  6. Ryan saying its coming towards more populated areas again.
  7. That was some footage by Brett Adair,...wow. bandicam 2024-04-26 23-55-37-247.mp4
  8. What a view from Brett Adair with multiple vortices crossing the road ahead of the chaser convoy.
  9. Chris hall also on this big wedge... Live Storm Chasing, Watch Storm Chasers in Real Time! WWW.SEVERESTUDIOS.COM Experience live storm chasing & watch top storm chasers stream dashboard video of tornados and extreme weather as it happens. Compatible with Android & iOS.
  10. Some of the tornado's today from a variety of chasers. This is crazy. A historic outbreak.
  11. Satellite tornadoes rotating round main vortex
  12. Brett Adair, near Minden Iowa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB7Qg16-iKM
  13. Another tornado emergency!!! Massive wedge in Iowa.
  14. Wedge tornado down on Bretts stream Violent wedge on Brads stream aswell
  15. Today
  16. Reed just bagged another one... bandicam 2024-04-26 23-22-41-872.mp4
  17. WYorksWeather Yes there comes a turning point about third week of May, by then the sun is as strong as in late July and even if temps are mid teens at best under light winds and full sun it feels every bit summer to me by then thanks to the long light. Same with third week of Nov feels we are plunged firmly into winter thanks to weak sun and low light even if temps still into the teens.
  18. Storms in Oklahoma also may try to do something
  1. Load more activity