Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong folks but low pressure on the ECM is struggling to get a foothold, it was moving SE, now it seems to be pegging back to the NW!! Heights look strong over scandy as well..... Like I said earlier I think this u settled spell maybe a flash in the pan.
  3. This evening's fax and ecm have trough digging south and low pressure established over western Europe by midday Monday And by Tuesday/Weds some convective activity. and perhaps longer spells of rain, moving north into the UK Temps still above average on Tuesday, apart from the north east, but by Weds getting nearer normal but with quite a wide regional spread with the eastern parts of England being the warmest
  4. It appears that Heathrow is in Middlesex rather than Berkshire (to answer the question posed by MWB) or in greater London since Middlesex does not seem to exist as a county any longer. But when it did, Heathrow was in Middlesex. Now it's in greater London. Berkshire begins very close to the western edge of the airport.
  5. Just finished watching David Attenborough program. Got questions about fields of solar panels do a create a local heat urban effect ??
  6. ECM out to day 5 still having us on the warm side, low pressure becoming more of a feature but temps not to bad.... How long before high pressure regains Control is the million dollar question!
  7. After early cloud it was mostly clear and sunny with a light north-easterly breeze. Max Temp: 15.2C Min Temp: 4.3C Mean Wind: 11mph NE Max Gust: 15mph Sunshine: 10.8hrs (so far) Rainfall: None Currently sunny with a temp of 10.8C and 82% humidity.
  8. Where have these v warm temps actually come from, as most of the Med has been unseasonally cool (by their standards) so far?
  9. Today
  10. A dry, sunny and very warm day. At 1700 g.m.t Temp; 18.0c Max today; 19.9c Min last night; 7.0c Grass min; 3.9c Rainfall from 0800-1700 g.m.t; 0.0 mm Sunshine today so far; 10.41 hrs Mean wind speed; 9 mph E Highest gust today; 20 mph E at 1159 g.m.t 1 okta Ci Vis; 65 km.
  11. By T+276 we have this: And at T+384, this: So, could we be in for a summer of repeats?
  12. And to those that worry about water, because it hasn’t pi**ed down in 10 days. I give you @CanadianCoops brilliant post in the MOD thread = I've mentioned this before - people are unduly worried about this. The UK's reservoirs are at generally high levels across most of the UK. (some regional exceptions) Put that into context - we had one of the driest summers on record last year and there were little issues. The media fans peoples fears and there's no need. We'll be OK. We can enjoy a nice summer... Read the UK reports here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/water-situation-local-area-reports Even Kent and South London is at close to full which is arguably one of the driest parts of the country: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/794178/Water_Situation_Report_Kent_South_London_March_2019.pdf Honestly - no need to worry. *let the sunshine continue
  13. GFS, UKMO and GEM at T144 I don't know what the GFS is thinking trying to barrel that low through, the other models more reticent, and the GEM looks like that zombie dragon from Game of Thrones. Either way, it impacts on the later output, GFS T192: GEM at same time: I think the GEM fits most consistently with other model output so I'm going with that, GFS is likely out on its own. We will see, as always.
  14. This evening's gfs indicates we are well into a pattern transition by midday Tuesday with another upper trough that has been ejected from the vortex, now by a slightly indirect route, in the close proximity to Iberia/. Consequently the Atlantic has become trough dominated as the block is pushed a tad north, albeit in a very quiescent mode with the jet running a way south. Thus we have low pressure to the south west of the UK and in swathe east across Europe involving a lot of convective activity, some of which may drift north across the south west on Tuesday and perhaps more generally on Wednesday Still warm on Tuesday, but temps down from the weekend, particularly once again along North Sea coasts I'm off on a day trip to Kent's Caverns and Torquay early tomorrow. Forgot when I boked it that was the Easter weekend. Let the nightmare begin........
  15. Had a proper sweat on today having a footy kick around courtesy of my nephew. Absolutely stunning out there today. More of the same to come, long may it continue...
  16. Quite agree 4 more months of this would be nice Max here today of 23.7c C.S
  17. Icon not to bad out to nearly day 8...there is some low pressure to our S/SW... But there is plenty of high pressure on the scene at the end of the run... Personally I think any unsettled conditions, are gonna be a blink and you will miss it affair!!!
  18. Think we better get used to it tbh. What we're seeing with the azores HP cell displaced further N than usual is not by coincidence. It's pretty obvious that as the climate is changing we're seeing a gradual retraction N of the jet. Maybe those predictions from years back about us having a mediterranean climate will turn out to not be far off the mark.
  19. Rest in pieces 'spring' 2019! 17.5C Last sub 9C May in 1902. Last sub 10C May in 1996. Last sub 11C May in 2015. 200mm from monsoons and Atlantic garbage!
  20. Lieutenant Colonel Dick Cole, the last surviving member of the Doolittle Raiders, died aged 103 https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/04/18/a-last-salute-to-a-raider-air-force-bids-farewell-to-lt-col-dick-cole/
  21. The longest thunderstorm I ever experienced was the 26-27th July 2018 overnight nationwide thunderstorm. It lasted over 7 hours! I woke up near the end, thankfully. I heard a few rumbles of thunder and I saw quite a lot of torrential rain.

The shortest thunderstorm I ever experienced was when I was at Skegness. A bit of rain (about 10 mins), a bit of hail, a bit of thunder/lightning, and by 20-25 minutes, it was all done. 

1. Load more activity