All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What is the x-axis scale on that chart? I initially assumed hours, but that can't be right. Is each tick 6 hours?
  3. Seems like it could be a tad wet for western areas of the region overnight, but dryer by dawn
  4. Well this November won't see a CET above 9C that's for sure! In the last four centuries, including this one, we've seen 8 occasions on which the monthly mean CET for November exceeded 9C, two in each century. But anyone imagining that this century, with not 20 years of it gone, will undoubtedly see many more, should perhaps caution their certainty with a look at the 19th century, whose two Novembers occurred in 1817 and 1818. Consecutive years with an aggregate CET of half a degree more than any other consecutive pairing, but obviously not a portent of what Novembers were to come in the rest of that century! As an interesting aside, the two Novembers preceding these two had the coldest consecutive pairing, bar the Novembers of 1739 and 1740 in fact the only "second half of the century" November to register such warmth came in 1994, when the 20th Century bagged its second month with just six years to spare! The gap between the two Novembers in the 20th century is the biggest standing at 56 years. In contract the biggest gap of the others is the 17th century at just 13, while this century saw a wait of only 4 years and of course just 1 for the 18th century.
  5. GFS/GEFS zonal wind difference continues on 06z, though the ensembles have some support from the 00z GEOS
  6. Re Hudson bay Western Hudson Bay freeze-up earlier than average for 1980s for the third year in a row | Watts Up With That? WATTSUPWITHTHAT.COM Reposted from Polar Bear Science Posted on November 11, 2019 | This is the third year in a row that freeze-up of Western Hudson Bay (WH)... Military Emergencies Unit called out as heavy snowfall isolates... WWW.SOTT.NET Villages isolated in the province of León as power cuts affect residents in rural areas The cold front which swept across the Iberian...
  7. Off to see New Zealand's finest at the 1865 in Southampton, 2 weeks tomorrow. Doubt that she'll be in her pants at this time of year.
  8. Holy moly, one super foggy dog walk on the tops this lunchtime and fogging cold too. Ou est cette heatwavey ting then?
  9. Easy. I'm 42 and I'm well young.
  10. I am sure that many many on here, and I absolutely include myself in that, do indeed get a buzz from seeing cold charts in the forecasts. No matter how far away. GFS +384, ECM +240, teleconnections, ensembles etc. Us watching for trends, patterns, signals, Trying to second guess cause and effect of every minute change in the atmosphere from run to run. All in a massive 3d world from the top of the stratosphere to the pavements outside our houses. That is all part and parcel of this mad annual winter ritual of ours. Personally, I would just find it incredibly boring if all the charts only went up to 3 or 5 days Most here are plenty long enough in the tooth to know that those faraway charts eye candy charts have many hoops to jump and many hurdles to clear before making it into the more reliable time frame (and even then will most probably go wrong).. But if it ties in with the 'background signals' (no matter how tentatively sometimes ), then yes, absolutely, that's what it's all about! I see no reason why good cheer, hope and optimism should be curtailed in those instances. In the same way nor should the perennial pessimists and pragmitists amongst us, who arrive like clockwork to pour hot water on those hopes and dreams (as long as not trolling of course). Each to their own in life, but for me it's always been all about the chase...
  11. Those images are from the 20th November in different years, well before it freezes over completely.
  12. Yep but people always complain about something. Its likely to be the older generations 40 plus Long gone are the days of Mary Whitehouse and Brookside kisses but some people never move on.
  13. Today
  14. Strictly Come Dancing's first same-sex routine sparks almost 200 complaints | Television & radio | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM The groundbreaking performance on the BBC ballroom smash has garnered 189 complaints for being ‘offensive’ It's a show about dancing.
  15. At least it would be dry. An Atlantic dominated, barrelling low pressure systems with endless cold rain is even more disgusting.
  16. Yes, disgustingly mild for the time of year if it came off, but I'd take foggy mornings and sunny afternoons over just leaden skies / mild drizzle. Not for too long though...
  17. What a disgusting winter chart although would be sunny and foggy mornings I assume.. Look how far south the winds are sourced somewhere in Africa!! Glad it's the last frame of the GFS and deep deep FI
  1. Load more activity