Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wonder will some part of Europe see 50c at some point this summer? Wouldn't be surprised if it does.
  3. Summer Sun jesus, this month has felt miserable...61-90 must have felt awful!
  4. Jonnoramo87 Certainly wouldn't mind experiencing an October 1921 repeat!
  5. raz.org.rain I think I'd rather live through a combination of 1976, 2022 and 2003 than that dung heap of a summer again. Incredibly humid and warm to hot, ew.
  6. Another very cold day for the time of year for some , on Sunday ,under cloud and rain, hopefully its wrong ......
  7. I was thinking that too. James Peacock mentioned it last week on Twitter too. Once those SWlies return, I'd imagine they'll be incredibly warm and humid. 2019 style summer seeming more likely.
  8. Cool (currently 7c) and very showery - impressive hail one just now has whitened the grass... As with previous days, lovely and warm feeling when the sun comes out but thoroughly baltic in the shade. Gentle variable breeze.
  9. Summer8906 I meant more the same temperature range as May 2018, perhaps with one or two degrees added, which would include the thundery breakdowns. raz.org.rain Indeed, such conditions are great for Azores low and euro high. Probably a very stormy but hot summer incoming.
  10. Sunny morning clouded up a little but when sun is out you can feel the strength this time of year… couple of hours gardening… walked into town first thing… getting over 24-48 hour lurgy I most likely caught in Londonford on Sunday/monday… do it all again in two weeks time…going to Fulham game ️️️️
  11. 0z deterministic runs, out to Fri 3 May (day 7) I'll take the developments from 1st May onwards without complaint - from the Met Office app forecast, it looks as though even down here in the far south we will see improved temperatures along with the inevitable showers. Should be nice for those further north who may stay dry? 0z ensemble means, out to Sat 11 May (day 15) Through the first five days of May, we will see upper-level high pressure retrogress gracefully through the UK, teasing us with warmer air before leaving us once again at the mercy of cooler pressure patterns, which currently seem to be favoured by the ensembles right through the first third of May.
  12. Massive range in the feels like temperature this afternoon, sheltered from the breeze, sun out feels hot, sun in freezing. sweat top on and off like a yo-yo
  13. Today
  14. Penrith Snow wouldn't that, by definition, be a "warm-summer Mediterranean" Csb climate under the Köppen definition?
  15. Very poor forecasting from the Met Office. It was expected to be wet and we've not had a drop. Latest update is still wrong.
  16. 9.8c to the 24th 1.9c above the 61 to 90 average 1.6c above the 81 to 10 average
  17. richie3846 ok , not going to get in a debate over it , I’ve had several air frosts in my location over the last few weeks, so yes it’s been cold but not unprecedented In Absence of True Seasons or perhaps the Seaweed will forecast better
  18. Penrith Snow Bit of an exaggeration- the ensembles are actually not far off average for 850 hPa temps after a warmer spell next week (that admittedly might be tempered by rain and cloud). Some people have the perception that a Greenland High always leads to cool conditions in the UK. It doesn't guarantee it at all.
  19. danm Mild, dull and unsettled for the start of May, great... Even worse than now; presumably pervading damp returning also, doubtless with surfaces never getting dry. The same old rubbish we endured until around two weeks ago.
  20. Isn't that a bit of a contradiction though given that May 2018 was notably sunny? A "won't be special" June would suggest something with a lot of cloudiness, occasional wet spells mixed with short periods of dry, sunny weather.
  21. Alderc 2.0 sorry to hear that. I'd like to see a ban from these scooters and electric bikes on shared footpaths. They are too fast, simple as. Roads are different because there are established rules, but on these shared areas, idiots are bombing straight through without taking into account walkers will not be walking in straight lines or looking for traffic.
  22. Cumbria cold pole synoptics, light northerly drift and cold uppers overhead recipe for freezing nights. Shap as low as -6.2 degrees. These are the synoptics that in winter would deliver ice days and widespread double digit minus mins. Alas its late April. Despite lots of sun out there, the air is notably cold.
  23. A pretty grim day of weather here again in the NE with a cheeky brief but heavy hail shower in Hessle.
  24. ANYWEATHER Benson is a well known frost hollow and is not representative of the south in general. I've attached night temps for Brize Norton. Same county, and much more accurately represents the general area, unlike Benson. Not an air frost in sight.
  1. Load more activity