Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Alderc 2.0 That's tough, hope your dog's alright.
  3. Friday 26th April 2024 Variable cloud overnight. Turning mostly clear towards dawn, ground frost developing. Sunny spells this morning, cloud bubbling up. 24-hour maximum 10.0c 24-hour minimum 0.5c Minimum temperature on grass -3.0c Maximum wind gust: Midnight to Midnight) 19.6 mph SW Rainfall total = tr.mm Conditions at 09:00 GMT 5 Oktas Cumulus mediocris, congestus, Cirrus Visibility >10 miles Temperature: 9.7c Humidity 74.1% Wind Direction N force 3 Barometer 1004.0mb rising slowly Yesterday. Clear spells overnight, frost forming,clouding over shortly after dawn. A good deal of cloud to start, sunny intervals developing around mid morning. Turning mostly cloudy towards late morning with the odd light shower around. The afternoon continued cloudy, odd light shower.
  4. Well guys and gals, let's hope the GFS is on to something here for the second week of May. Please lord, deliver this for us...
  5. A decent morning. Shame it's not going to last until much later but better than the entire day being dull and dreary
  6. Let's hope the GFS has picked up on a new trend as we head into the second week of May:
  7. Alderc 2.0 jeez, sorry to hear that. I hope they catch the bugger, or did they stop once they hit you?
  8. WYorksWeather I reckon definitely 100% we are gonna beat last year and it will once again be the hottest on record, before calming down a little in the next few years, then re heating. The record heat years seems to be closing that gap too between them.
  9. Some fantastic Northern Blocking on this mornings ECM, the Greenland High by day 9 is a peach, the UK remains on the cold side of the jet so any warm up will be fleeting. Best keep the central heating on. Andy
  10. SunSean I think you're being quite favourable to the likes of August and November 2023 imo. But agree with all the others! Alderc 2.0 That's awful luck, sorry to hear. I try to live by the "things happen for a reason" philosophy so maybe we will get a fantastic summer for you to enjoy here. Can you re-arrange/post-pone that adventure?
  11. MP-R Apologies, i didnt spot that but it drives me mad eveytime i read about how our climate will become more Mediterranean, they were saying that in the 90's. Last summer some scientists were saying the UK would become the hot weather destination for people instead of the Med, well they better bring a brolly and some Vitamin D tablets. Andy
  12. Another relatively sunny start to the day but no doubt the cloud will start to roll in by midday - can already see it building on the satellite.
  13. It went down to 0.7C last night here.The plant trays all went into the shed and conservatory They are getting a bit leggy they need to go into the ground.These cold nights keep turning up.It needs to stop raining a bit too.The ground needs to dry out and warm up. 0 C forcast for tonight. Will it be the last one ? I wouldn't bet on it.
  14. Alderc 2.0 Oh gosh I'm sorry After all that planning too. Hope you have insurance! Big hugs x Bristawl Si yea it's feeeckin freezing!
  15. Today
  16. Evening cloud cleared after midnight to leave a clear and cold second half of the night. A sunny start to this morning but Cu developed quickly from 0730 g.m.t and at the moment it's dry with brief sunny intervals. At 0800 g.m.t Temp; 5.5c 24 hr max; 7.8c 24 hr min; 0.2c Grass min; -1.8c Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0800 g.m.t; 0.3 mm Mean wind speed; 9 mph N/NE 6 oktas Cu humilis and mediocris with Ci Vis; 35 miles
  17. Lovely morning. A light frost to start. It’s crazy that we’re forecast showers today from an easterly wind, the flow is light. In winter, any kind of easterly setup doesn’t produce as the Pennines gobble up absolutely everything. Hopefully the forecasts are wrong (as they so often are) and we can stay dry & sunny as you’d expect from an easterly this side of the Pennines.
  18. The rain is still some way down in the Channel, so you might get get lucky. Meanwhile down here, the overnight low of 5.8°C at: 06:08 has ramped up to 6.5°C , RH96% and light air movement from the E, with scattered clouds at an altitude of 500 ft and broken clouds at an altitude of 2,200 ft. From Above On Golden sands
  19. I came back from a very cold and blowy North Yorkshire last night. A heavy shower as I came round the south side of Manchester but had cleared by the time I arrived home. A lovely start to today and, unlike North Yorkshire, no cold wind to peg the temperatures later. Fingers crossed for the washing outside.
  20. cheeky_monkey I remember 76 very well, I left school that year, and a week later was running around Bovington Camp Dorset in the Junior Leaders Regt. As I recall the settled weather started around April, and kept going until the end of August. There was even a minister for water, and stand pipes in use in various places.
  21. I seldom say 'I'm glad to be going home' but this was one such occasion. In all my time coming to the NY coast and moors, I've seldom felt so cold and yes, I am well aware of how cold the area can be at this time of the year, given how cold the North Sea is. Yesterday morning, the forecast showers arrived at 8am and, although it brightened up later, the wind was bitingly cold. Back home this morning, it is a beautiful start to the day and no wind to peg the temperatures later on. I'll be back in NY in a couple of weeks.
  22. Petorious Don't insult February, it's often milder than this
  23. Spitting with rain this morning. Not very pleasant and it looks set in for the weekend. OH knocks off at lunchtime today, so we're planning to head to Southbourne for a walk and to wave at db's webcam, but it all looks a bit meh.
  24. Alderc 2.0 Oh that's awful! What a disappointment for you. Hope you start to feel better soon and IF the weather improves, you'll be able to recuperate in your sunny garden.
  25. Feels baltic out there 6c, but the air is brass monkeys. Counting down the next 12 days until
  1. Load more activity