Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Wade Hmm, I didn’t mention any barring of thunderstorms I love them!
  3. A beautiful day here in Czechia, mainly sunny, very light winds and 22°C. Some thunderstorms developed on the horizon but didn’t get close. But great to see
  4. stainesbloke So because we've had an extended period of wet weather, thundery weather should be barred? That would make a pretty boring summer for extreme weather enthusiasts like me I think
  5. markyo Glad it was better for you in South Yorks. I guess our elevation here is always against us. It was only on for half an hour or so.
  6. Wade The farming community wouldn’t agree with you, they’re having loads of problems as too much rain is as bad as not enough. And there’s certainly been too much over the last 8 months or so. A nice green landscape is lovely. Plants need sun too.
  7. Jonnoramo87 it looks more like they've plotted the average temperatures than made a model based forecast.
  8. CharlieBear9 they'll be back in Dec, just to come on when cold charts fail, and use the 'like' feature when someone posts a certain chart, but why not now and through the summer, namesake is on snooker now BBC2
  9. Large variance between GFS 12z and ECM at the 10 day range, not unusual, but the fact they are opposite each other suggests models are struggling. The GFS eventually pulls in an atlantic trough, ECM much sooner. All conjecture given the timeframes, the GFS had a retrogressive signal then dropped the ridge SE, now it advects it NE.. none the wiser. In the meantime, from Tuesday onwards high pressure building over the UK bringing first nationwide fine settled warm spell, pity it is due to arrive after bank holiday.
  10. A dry and cloudy day with a few intervals of hazy sunshine. At 1700 g.m.t Temp; 14.1c Max today; 14.4c Min last night; 7.4c Grass min; 7.6cc Rainfall from 0800-1700 g.m.t; 0.0 mm Sunshine today; 0.1 hrs Mean wind speed; 7 mp hNW Highest gust today; 25 mph S at 0331 g.m.t 7 oktas Ci, Cs, Ac and Cu humilis Vis' more than 50 miles
  11. LetItSnow! Makes a change from winter, when there's a posse that turns up just to moan about the posters interpreting suggested outcomes in the MOD thread. Funny thing is they don't seem bothered, or driven to comment, when the projected model scenarios fail to materialise in any other season of the year.
  12. A cool and dull day ,some drizzle later,max 12 deg,min 8 deg
  13. Just thought you would like to know I’m now in bexhill
  14. There’s something beautiful about this thread— people moaning about people moaning in the dedicated space for moaning
  15. Scorcher yep May 2018 was a warm and sunny month. There were a few days where we had some big thunderstorms, mixed in with some very warm and sunny weather.
  16. Rain All Night Yes I was going to make the point about May 2018- on the face of it it wasn't an outstanding month looking at the charts through the month. High pressure came and went and was generally fairly weak until the last week. Here we had an excellent (and extremely sunny) month despite it not being high pressure dominated until the last week or so.
  17. danm and GFS/ECM are having a battleground at day 10 with evolutions, GFS are going with an easterly whereas on ECM its westerly atlantic driven weather. On a side note I hope we get a linear decline into la niña if it is to happen with it starting a bit later to do our weather ahead a favour.
  18. markyo My goal is to go 1 week without a moan, which for me, will be no small feat But yes, has been a lovely day
  19. Today
  20. If we limit ourselves to the semi reliable timeframe and just look at the output over the next week, then there is lots of dry, sunny and increasingly warm weather on offer. Not much point worrying about the week of Monday 13th May at this stage. Yes, turning unsettled at the very end of the ECM run, but before that lots of fine weather. In fact, the UKMO shows it potentially warming up even further towards next weekend with a SE’rly air flow and some warmer uppers:
  21. Perpetual persistant fine drizzle all day, low cloud, cool, max 12 degrees, the SW airstream must be back.. preety grim day all round.
  22. Next week csu probs are very high, especially on Mon and Weds where an equivalent to a high risk is in place. Monday is still up in the air, i know a few have said it doesnt look great due to faster trough but to be honest until we get to the day of i wouldnt start calling it a bust. Especially due to the nam 3km, very potent environment with discrete supercells in south eastern Oklahoma, look at the environment they have to work with!
  23. Vent nearly closed up so should be dead in the next day or so. A waiting game still as to what happens next.
  1. Load more activity