Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Evening cloud cleared after midnight to leave a clear and cold second half of the night. A sunny start to this morning but Cu developed quickly from 0730 g.m.t and at the moment it's dry with brief sunny intervals. At 0800 g.m.t Temp; 5.5c 24 hr max; 7.8c 24 hr min; 0.2c Grass min; -1.8c Rainfall in 24 hrs ending 0800 g.m.t; 0.3 mm Mean wind speed; 9 mph N/NE 6 oktas Cu humilis and mediocris with Ci Vis; 35 miles
  3. Lovely morning. A light frost to start. It’s crazy that we’re forecast showers today from an easterly wind, the flow is light. In winter, any kind of easterly setup doesn’t produce as the Pennines gobble up absolutely everything. Hopefully the forecasts are wrong (as they so often are) and we can stay dry & sunny as you’d expect from an easterly this side of the Pennines.
  4. The rain is still some way down in the Channel, so you might get get lucky. Meanwhile down here, the overnight low of 5.8°C at: 06:08 has ramped up to 6.5°C , RH96% and light air movement from the E, with scattered clouds at an altitude of 500 ft and broken clouds at an altitude of 2,200 ft. From Above On Golden sands
  5. I came back from a very cold and blowy North Yorkshire last night. A heavy shower as I came round the south side of Manchester but had cleared by the time I arrived home. A lovely start to today and, unlike North Yorkshire, no cold wind to peg the temperatures later. Fingers crossed for the washing outside.
  6. cheeky_monkey I remember 76 very well, I left school that year, and a week later was running around Bovington Camp Dorset in the Junior Leaders Regt. As I recall the settled weather started around April, and kept going until the end of August. There was even a minister for water, and stand pipes in use in various places.
  7. I seldom say 'I'm glad to be going home' but this was one such occasion. In all my time coming to the NY coast and moors, I've seldom felt so cold and yes, I am well aware of how cold the area can be at this time of the year, given how cold the North Sea is. Yesterday morning, the forecast showers arrived at 8am and, although it brightened up later, the wind was bitingly cold. Back home this morning, it is a beautiful start to the day and no wind to peg the temperatures later on. I'll be back in NY in a couple of weeks.
  8. Petorious Don't insult February, it's often milder than this
  9. Spitting with rain this morning. Not very pleasant and it looks set in for the weekend. OH knocks off at lunchtime today, so we're planning to head to Southbourne for a walk and to wave at db's webcam, but it all looks a bit meh.
  10. Alderc 2.0 Oh that's awful! What a disappointment for you. Hope you start to feel better soon and IF the weather improves, you'll be able to recuperate in your sunny garden.
  11. Feels baltic out there 6c, but the air is brass monkeys. Counting down the next 12 days until
  12. Well I believe the saying goes ‘if you didn’t have bad luck, you’d have none at all’ and that’s certainly the case this morning. Was meant to be embarking on an adventure which was supposed to combine work and play over the next few months however instead this morning I’ve woken in hospital with what is now looking like a pretty badly broken ankle, dislocated knee, concussion and other bumps and bruises. Was out walking the dog late yesterday and was hit by a complete idiot on an e-scooter. Pretty much the whole summer is going to be ruined
  13. Today
  14. Penrith Snow The sarcasm was lost on you I see…
  15. Well i know it is far out in la la land..but hey..what a site for sore eyes from gfs 0z this morning.. ...after next weeks warm up the ens looking distinctly average though .. .. ..actually a little below.. ..pressure.. ...gfs op...you are just cruel !!!
  16. Frosty start and sunshine,friend who lives in Kelso says they have a little snow
  17. More cloud and feeling chilly yet again in west London, I’ve gone down with a yucky cold to add to the joy. Another frost in Czechia, apparently lots of fruit crops damaged, especially apples and grapes for wine. Late SSWs can do one
  18. Judging fairly, all months since March 2023 in my area- March 2023- Satanic. Worst March I've ever lived through. April 2023- Nice few days in the first third then utterly forgettable & boring. May 2023- Shockingly bad 1st half, very nice 2nd half. June 2023- Superb! Little did I know this would be as good as it gets. July 2023- Laughable. Worst July I've ever lived through. August 2023- Middle was actually quite nice but bookended by guff either side. September 2023- Stunningly brilliant 1st half, arguably the best weather since August 2022 but the 2nd half was boring. October 2023- Actually a lovely 1st half with sun & warm temperatures but the 2nd half collapsed into a rainfest. November 2023- Can't really bash this one in my area as we managed a sunny day every 3 to 5 days so no endless gloom. Fine! December 2023- One of the dullest months imaginable & one of the worst I've ever lived through. January 2024- Crisp & sunny, no complaints here! February 2024- Worst February I've ever lived through. Mild temps couldn't save this absolute greyfest. March 2024- One of the worst March's I've ever lived through but still a touch better than March 2023. April 2024- Satanic again. Worst April I've ever lived through. SSW- A gloomy-wet lovers bed buddy. So there you have it & the reason for my pessimism lately is this is the 3rd month in a row & 4 out of the last 5 that are contenders for "worst month I've ever lived through" Utterly depressing run of grey-outs & rainfests! In hindsight, the August to November period weren't that bad, just a bit on the wet side but December to April (and counting)... good grief....
  19. MP-R Mediterranean climate? Your having a laugh mate, i live mostly in Southern Spain now and believe me 6 months of endless rain, cloudy days and temperatures between 7c and 17c does not resemble a Mediterranean climate. The UK climate more resembles that of South West Ireland, wet, dull and mild all year round. Andy
  1. Load more activity