Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Memories of 1992

Sunny76

Posted

I think this is a forgotten year of the 90s.

A boring winter 91-92, and milder compared to the previous one, but still chilly in places.

The spring was warm and sunny, mostly late April, and May was very warm and sunny.

Some notable thunderstorms during the May to August period.

Along with 1994, I remember it being a thundery year. 

A cold September, and very cold October, and chilly period around Christmas. The coldest Christmas period since 1981 at the time.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I think this is a forgotten year of the 90s.

A boring winter 91-92, and milder compared to the previous one, but still chilly in places.

The spring was warm and sunny, mostly late April, and May was very warm and sunny.

Some notable thunderstorms during the May to August period.

Along with 1994, I remember it being a thundery year. 

A cold September, and very cold October, and chilly period around Christmas. The coldest Christmas period since 1981 at the time.

June was also warm I think, but July and August not so good, so a front loaded summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Very dry winter..very warm May ..dont remember much about the rest of the year weather wise except a cold frosty foggy Xmas period 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: In summer, a decent thunderstorm, and hot weather. In winter, snow or gale

Yes, May this year was the best one of my lifetime and there were numerous thunderstorms in many places.  No other May has come close since.  

June at the time was the warmest since 1976 and I remember it being consistently very warm (never overly hot) with (locally) one of the most violent thunderstorms of my lifetime (uk) on the evening of the 10th.  We had flooding, a power cut and shotgun thunder for an hour or so.

There were other good thunderstorm episodes as well.. one on 20/21 July which were very similar I think to 22/23 June 2016 in intensity and area affected.  Another around 8th August, which were comparable to the ones of mid July 2017 for the same reason.

Apart from this I think 'summer' ended at the start of July.

The rest of the year was a bit forgettable.  January and February were especially boring.  Other things i remember was was a minor snow event mid April (accompanied by gale force northerlies), more storms around 18th September in places but we missed them.  For gale lovers it was stormy at the end of November into December, but December itself I suppose was seasonal (dry, frosty, foggy etc).

Posted

A year without much going on at all, May 92 was excellent, June 92 also very good.

Jan - Feb, mild and very dry mostly and largely snowless, there was a cold frosty foggy spell late Jan. March and April - non-entities.. July and August were quite poor and thundery.

A notably cold Sept - October combination, especially October, with snow down to low levels, and lots of frost. November was mild and dull. December became cold and frosty but with little snow. The last week was seasonal, with freezing fog.

Not a very memorable year, indeed possibly the least memorable of the 90s along with 1998.

• 3 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

15th June 1992: