Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Summer Club...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hello Folks. I thought just as there was a " no storms club"  thought I would start a "no summer club" . Just to say everybodys viewpoint of Summer is different, so if you think you've hit your criteria of what you call summer then post ,and then you're out of the "no summer club"!!! Equally , you can post your preferences as to summer weather and what you dislike or would be perfect for you!  Just something light hearted for everyone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I’m firmly in this club. There have been glimpses but all in all summer is still installing...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

At the moment, it's a Poundland summer thanks to the lack of cloud. Temperature wise it's been fine so far on the most part - could just do with more sun.

In terms of my summer preferences, I like a good mix of warm sunny days with a few hot ones and rainy ones scattered around here and there including plumes and some great widespread thunderstorms. Generally speaking, my ideal temperature range during summer would be between 20 and 27 Celsius. But I am happy enough for it to go above that for a few days, particularly if it leads to thunderstorms. 

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 1

Posted

Oooh ooh i'm in! Summer for me starts at 25c+! Summer is when I can wear my shorts and vest without getting cold. Summer for me is nice hot evenings that I can sit out and do evening gardening in. Summer is when there is not a single cloud in the sky! Only with this year following last years cloud fest I have downgraded what is summer to me. I can class a poundland summer as half cloud half sun - where the cloud is not thick but fluffy so it doesn't block the sun for more than a couple of minutes and 20c+. It MUST be sunny though. If its cloud - it's Autumn!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Summer for me starts when it rarely goes below 21c and at least mostly sunny, hopefully the rest of summer makes up for the start.  We had lots of high pressure during winter and spring (albiet sometimes in the wrong area leading to sun but a chilly north wind),  sods law it would change by summer to more low pressures, I'm sure this is just a blip and proper summer is around the corner

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

I could argue that since the Atlantic started becoming more dominant in mid-May, it's now summer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Disparity: Cold and Snowy Winters, Sunny and Warm Summers.

Clear sky or mostly clear sky and 25c or more for true summer where I am.

I'm pleased with clear skies and anything about 20 tbh, but we get that sometimes in April and September (even late March occasionally!) so *real* summer is minimum 25 (and not overcast).

Had some early 20s days but nothing in the high 20s year. We usually get at least once day of 30c in June in London so we'll see if that pans out this year!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

i'm glad i haven't had much summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Haven't had much summer yet, thank god.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Lots of wind, overcast and subarctic misery here this month. Not a single sunny day, and very cold feeling most of the time. What a horrible June. To make matters worse we'll have one disgusting "hot day", followed by hours of torrential rain on the weekend. No such thing as comfortable 20-22 degree sunny weather in summer any more. 

Just bloody 16 degree cloudy windy bullshyte followed by one sudden hot day then 9 degrees and rain. What a derelict dumb climate of turbid faggotry.

Edited by Thundershine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
9 hours ago, Thundershine said:

Lots of wind, overcast and subarctic misery here this month. Not a single sunny day, and very cold feeling most of the time. What a horrible June. To make matters worse we'll have one disgusting "hot day", followed by hours of torrential rain on the weekend. No such thing as comfortable 20-22 degree sunny weather in summer any more. 

Just bloody 16 degree cloudy windy bullshyte followed by one sudden hot day then 9 degrees and rain. What a derelict dumb climate of turbid faggotry.

16C. Luxury. In Braemar where I'd hoped to get some magnificent views from some of the hills, it is doing well to get past 12C, and every day I have been here has been overcast and showery. Braemar averages 157 hours of sun in June, I don't think I have seen more than three hours in the last three days. I was lucky to get some nice views yesterday because the cloud base was around 1000m.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
2 minutes ago, al78 said:

16C. Luxury. In Braemar where I'd hoped to get some magnificent views from some of the hills, it is doing well to get past 12C, and every day I have been here has been overcast and showery. Braemar averages 157 hours of sun in June, I don't think I have seen more than three hours in the last three days. I was lucky to get some nice views yesterday because the cloud base was around 1000m.

Been pretty windy as well and also like in Scotland I doubt we've had more than a few hours of sun here so far. I would need two weeks of 20-23 temps and sun to balance that out. One freak hot day followed by a ton of rain doesn't interest me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
2 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Been pretty windy as well and also like in Scotland I doubt we've had more than a few hours of sun here so far. I would need two weeks of 20-23 temps and sun to balance that out. One freak hot day followed by a ton of rain doesn't interest me!

One thing I can say is there was some meteorological interest in the Cairngorms yesterday with the wind. On and near the summits at around 1050-1200m I was getting slammed by the wind, but dropping 100m the wind sometimes decreased to a near calm, despite still being exposed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Certainly not my cup of tea ,for summer weather....too hot yesterday, too cold today So as far as I'm concerned I'm still in the "No Summer Club"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

still waiting for summer to get going here..which is a shame as autumn kicks in usually around mid August onwards