Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st May 2022 onwards

Posted
Just now, Harry said:

Gutted - so much cloud has come over I haven’t seen a single flash yet dreading the gap!! 

Still the odd intermittent high based orange flash

Posted

Seems like thunderstorms are organising into separate storms. Will be tough for those that miss in-between. On the models doesn't it show storms strengthening over the south east and east Anglia?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Slap bang over the top of us, constant sheet lightning with a few forks.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Lots of lightning showing itself now,may put my phone on hyperlapse if it gets closer

• Like 1

Posted

Very distant flashes to the far SW here in Folkestone. Which is crazy seeing as the nearest edge of the storm hasn’t even reached Brighton yet

• Like 2

Posted

Now I'm sat just outside Hemel hempstead along the A41 and can see lightning all around me, especially to the south and west. May head back to my view point at RAF Halton on the Chiltern Hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

I can see the constant flashing from the lightning, out towards Brighton, from here 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dbarb said:

Cloud tops of 40,000 are pretty standard for summer storms are they not? Remember a few years back a storm had really high tops can't remember how high

Yea we don't seem to see surface based storms down here anymore

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Flashes to sw now here in wgc

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely stunning lightening display here in leicester!!!cracking stuff!!dunno what the 12zs were drinking but those runs which corrected things further west were closer to the mark!!loving this!!⚡⚡⚡

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme and settled according to my mood and time of year!

Some insane electrical activity just north of Bognor Regis. Sorry for the big file (5mins)

, but it wouldn't stop...enjoy

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Intense thunderstorms, gentle rain

It's gotten a LOT more frequent here now!

Sorry for the background noise in the post guttering is overflowing with a lot of rain

Edited by LeveLUP
Remove duplicate video
  • Like 3

Posted
58 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Got the camera out and killed the storm. Make sure you guys to the east get some great pics! 

Came just as I was blinking putting Jess to bed! Didn't get her in bed in time before she heard the thunder. Then came out to watch it. She thought the storm was going to eat her!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Grazy2266 said:

Now I'm sat just outside Hemel hempstead along the A41 and can see lightning all around me, especially to the south and west. May head back to my view point at RAF Halton on the Chiltern Hills.

Head up Dodds Lane in Hemel if you stick around, it’s a small country Lane but it’ll give you a higher vantage point, and I’m pretty sure there’s some areas you can pull over. 

• Like 1

Posted

If we get a decent clearance here behind the front then there's a possibility of seeing some lightning way off into the far distance as the storms move over Peterborough and The Wash due to my height elevation advantage, from past experience it's been possible to see lightning illuminating the tops of CBs from here as they've headed over East Anglia but it just depends on how clear the skies will be in a hour or two from now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1