Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st May 2022 onwards

Posted
55 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Will be going chasing tomorrow, from my location in Bristol atm. Despite the westward corrections, I think I'm going to position myself maybe as far east as Brighton given past events. But maybe position closer to Portsmouth should developments happen further west. Does appear tonight to be a distinct split in the developing squall line/MCS, so the possibility of one system moving across CS England and the other much later in the night across the SE.

I've a hunch. Am staying home.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and severe weather events.
44 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I’m looking at Ashdown Forest area, perhaps down towards Brighton (but trying to avoid light pollution and built-up areas) . Consider you’ll probably want to head NE to chase the storms a little once they pass - but they will be moving quickly.

Where I’ve been a few times now in Ashdown forest is really open in all directions and super quiet, too. Great place if the storms aren’t too far East

Ashdown forest is a good shout for sure,possibly Newlands corner just south of Guildford too as visuals there will be good too. Will be going to devil's dyke just north of Hove first to see how it pans out as visuals there are good for miles. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Have to say it, the ingredients for this look pretty impressive apart from fairly modest CAPE values. Directional shear looks to be pretty impressive with Easterlies at the surface, very warm 850 temps on a SE’ly being overlapped by strong SW’lies above. Should make for some impressive hodographs. 

23:00 shows a very decent mix! 

8EA37445-5CC4-4F92-A1EA-0B5F0F808864.png

F473FBB7-1F5D-4783-8E2F-244D00ECD974.png

E4222C6A-B666-48DF-877C-42192DC5625A.png

05493C1C-D18A-4862-84B0-787E912B7272.png

35E73BAB-B053-4B4F-B6D3-D69EEA2E2447.png

1E7CD4C5-938E-4D00-B4B6-ACC677679457.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

No work tomorrow, so playing some Mario kart 8 on the switch, and thought I'd check the 21Z UKV out..

ukvgif.thumb.gif.d7039bd7135838c7b1b6d3f6bcba9fed.gif

• Like 9

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

No work tomorrow, so playing some Mario kart 8 on the switch, and thought I'd check the 21Z UKV out..

Now that certainly looks good for Lincoln. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Believe this when I see it ,  I do hope it comes off like that though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

UKV 0z still looking nuts, it’s such a relief to see that this is all still there and hasn’t disappeared overnight

• Like 6

Arome looks even further west this morning and actually has a second potential MCS moving into the SE during the early hours. 

Could be an interesting evening and overnight period with the usual, will it / will won’t anticipation being from about 6pm. 

96C2F03E-34CC-4D44-A653-D0C7602072D0.thumb.jpeg.88ed895b5ca7c1346ff801f29b0b06aa.jpeg

Posted

Wow what an upgrade for the midlands!!!pretty much bullseye hit this evening!!will it happen like that though?!all down to radar watchin for me now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

I have a feeling Birmingham is a bit to far north west for anything this evening but I live in hope, I’d say half way point between brum and London is the place to be

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I have a feeling Birmingham is a bit to far north west for anything this evening but I live in hope, I’d say half way point between brum and London is the place to be

I think brummy eastwards are all in the game!!!as i say radar watchin is key!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather
18 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

I live in the centre of those areas but I’m not sure Brum will get it. These MCSs always take an east shift at the last moment. Hopefully it is like Sunday night but further east and more active and the forecast soundings really highlight the possibility of  it being very active! Anyways I love your hope but let’s just wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
12 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Met4cast has a high risk for today

20220518_073952.thumb.jpg.9d17e5bd0589e96d730142e97c6219e7.jpg

Elevated thunderstorm events are notoriously hard to predict. The majority of the models do look impressive even for regions within our SLGT zone. We’re just uncertain on the NW extent of any lightning, so maybe we’ve been a little conservative with our forecast so we’ll have to see. The key thing to note is; it’s not that SE England/the Channel will see more lightning, it’s more of a case of this region just being at a higher risk of lightning.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Interesting storm forecast from Nick for today..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots
8 hours ago, biddie said:

It's not will be similar to past few nights

Huh?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Extremely muggy again this morning,the freshening of the air as the cold front past through last night very temporary.

Some good sunny spells breaking the low level cloud streaming off the channel.

The atmosphere on a non technical level 'feels right' for some fun and games this evening!

Posted

I'm hoping if anything fires to the south west of here, it's earlier than the usual time of 12-2am. Would be really nice to see some storm structure in daylight/evening hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

A nice upgrade from Convective Weather a few moments ago, too!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Indeed @Lance M

Here is a link for those who might not be familiar:

WWW.CONVECTIVEWEATHER.CO.UK

Forecasting thunderstorms and severe convective weather across the British Isles and Ireland for up to the next 5 days.

• Like 1