Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted

Test match at Edgbaston about to be rained off looking at radar. Honestly. Last night the rain was supposed to have gone by 10am. Instead stalled. Lingered. Heavy downpours next. Well it's  Saturday. It's s**te. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Test match at Edgbaston about to be rained off looking at radar. Honestly. Last night the rain was supposed to have gone by 10am. Instead stalled. Lingered. Heavy downpours next. Well it's  Saturday. It's s**te. 

Aye. Big line of rain coming in.

The constant rain breaks not good for the batters.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
32 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Agreed! It's a mostly sunny, if somewhat breezy, day over here: 22-23C here now. What's not to like?

I totally agree Ed, this is just about perfect, much hotter than this and i find it uncomfortable and to be honest restrictive in what i can do outside. Thankfully this upcoming "Hot" weather is gradually being tempered down, especially for my area!

• Like 3

Posted
53 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yep. A bit like autumnal temperatures in July are uncomfortable for many. Like me. No word of a lie. When the weather gets stuck in this cold rubbish in the height of 'summer' it really does make me feel quite depressed.  I like sunshine. I like warmth. When i walk around on 1st July in blustery showers and 16c it does get me down. Blimey. We have 8 months a year of 8c/15c. When we get it in summer it is just horrendous. Sick of wearing jumpers and coats. 

Don't get me wrong i get what your saying, for those like yourself who yearn the heat its not great. Its just like many like myself the heat brings not just discomfort but sleepless nights. Its far far easier to warm up than cool down as a rule of thumb.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Each to their own i suppose, but from the temps currently in Europe that would be very uncomfortable for many.

Better than the muck the UK is getting every day. Laughable, if it wasn’t so depressing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Better than the muck the UK is getting every day. Laughable, if it wasn’t so depressing. 

Yeah, people in the UK will be moaning about it being too hot after next weekend! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yep. A bit like autumnal temperatures in July are uncomfortable for many. Like me. No word of a lie. When the weather gets stuck in this cold rubbish in the height of 'summer' it really does make me feel quite depressed.  I like sunshine. I like warmth. When i walk around on 1st July in blustery showers and 16c it does get me down. Blimey. We have 8 months a year of 8c/15c. When we get it in summer it is just horrendous. Sick of wearing jumpers and coats. 

Honestly, just stop moaning, you should be grateful that you can wear winter coats out in July. You must learn to love the beauty of the endless grey gloom and drizzle, and that ever present howling wind. Who needs to sit out in a garden under the killing rays of the Eye of Sauron, anyway? It’s unnatural, just like perspiration. 

7 minutes ago, Don said:

Yeah, people in the UK will be moaning about it being too hot after next weekend! 

Yes, the temperature might reach 27°C in London! God forbid. I hope the government have radiation shelters ready for us all to hide in, or it’ll be unbearable

• Like 5

Posted
34 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Laughable? Doesn't that depend on your view? I personally don't laugh at somebody else's preference as my posts show.

Posted
23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Honestly, just stop moaning, you should be grateful that you can wear winter coats out in July. You must learn to love the beauty of the endless grey gloom and drizzle, and that ever present howling wind. Who needs to sit out in a garden under the killing rays of the Eye of Sauron, anyway? It’s unnatural, just like perspiration. 

Yes, the temperature might reach 27°C in London! God forbid. I hope the government have radiation shelters ready for us all to hide in, or it’ll be unbearable

Yes. Too much warmth might have people putting their head in the fridge. Luckily it is only 1 day per year. So contingency plans for the 'heat'. 

• Like 3

Posted
47 minutes ago, markyo said:

Don't get me wrong i get what your saying, for those like yourself who yearn the heat its not great. Its just like many like myself the heat brings not just discomfort but sleepless nights. Its far far easier to warm up than cool down as a rule of thumb.

Yeah. Always recognise that. Never had any arguments with you personally. Why would I. Its just the weather!. 

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Yeah. Always recognise that. Never had any arguments with you personally. Why would I. Its just the weather!. 

Exactly...very well put, thank you, nothing at all to fall out over, life is way to short for doing that! Hope u can enjoy some heat soon by the way!

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Didn't want to wait for the government, so designed my own! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, danm said:

Same. Warm, sunny summers day here with 21/22°c. Rain band looks like it’s fragmenting as it pushes east so very little likely to arrive later. 

1 hour ago, danm said:

Same. Warm, sunny summers day here with 21/22°c. Rain band looks like it’s fragmenting as it pushes east so very little likely to arrive later. 

Jammy git ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Each to their own i suppose, but from the temps currently in Europe that would be very uncomfortable for many.

Agreed what is in Europe right now temps wise would be very uncomfortable as well as the health dangers it poses but it would be nice to at least have something in the mid to high twenties with a decent amount of sunshine as has been previously said it is summer after all 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Met Office said 21c and it will feel warm in "sunny spells ". Actually 16c and feels like October.  I have long argued 'autumn' is the stop gap. And there were no sunny spells. I pray with all my heart that next weekend is 25c. I can get my shorts on. Even if the Gods allow just one half decent weekend. Please God .

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
4 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Only had three proper Summer days this 'Summer' so far. How many have you had?

Pelting down again as I type.

Err… 2 and a half. 

in all seriousness while we’ve not had much we’ve probably had a bit more than that. Sunny days are dotted here and they’re but they’re not frequent. Certainly had very few days where you could be confident it wouldn’t rain, whilst being very warm.

As someone said above, it’s garbage. Hope this talk of building summer heat has some substance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
56 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Jammy git ! 

We have been quite jammy, although it’s also climatological - driest, warmest part of the country etc. However, the forecast today was mainly cloudy and 19°c/20°c. The reality has been mainly sunny with some fair weather cloud, with top temperatures of 22°c/23°c. 

01ADDA9C-7E35-4219-866B-F4289A482946.thumb.jpeg.99d1da8b8926e417ef9c2068d84766e8.jpeg

Edit: it does look like we’ll get a little splash of rain within the next couple of hours though, unless that band of rain completely dies away. 

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Well, Met Office were indeed wrong...but in a good way this time! I moaned earlier because it clouded over and it looked as though a big sheet of grey was on its way but it instead turned out beautiful! 

20220702_165415.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Laughable? Doesn't that depend on your view? I personally don't laugh at somebody else's preference as my posts show.

I’m laughing at the weather, not at you or your preferences

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

Cold start to July. I'd like 20-23 degrees, not much to ask for FGS.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Just looking at the cricket. The India team in massive long sleeve wooly jumpers. On 2nd July  . They must think they are playing Greenland!

20 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Cold start to July. I'd like 20-23 degrees, not much to ask for FGS.

Well I’m quite satisfied with today’s weather. Some rain this morning but that soon cleared to leave an increasingly bright and sunny day. Was full sun by late afternoon. Temp reached about 17°C. Went to the shop and sat in the garden in my t-shirt and shorts and it felt very pleasant in the sun, even in a moderate westerly breeze. ☀️

The Indian team will be used to 40°C heat so of course our climate will feel cold in comparison.. But it was only a degree warmer here than it was where you were yesterday when the softies in the cricket stand were wearing winter jackets at 16°C... I know it’s been sunny here which does make a difference, but still.

I don’t mind cool temps in summer, it’s the gloomy grey cloud I don’t like. 17°C and sunny is a lot better than 22°C and grey imo.

Of course I’ll be complaining if it goes above 23°C which it almost certainly will do this month, as I am quite a warm blooded person.

I think it’s best to be acclimatised to these sort of temperatures, especially living up north. Pointless if you find 30°C comfortable in the U.K. as it will only happen a couple of days a year, and you will have to wear a jacket the rest of summer. Much better if you’re warm blooded so you can summer clothes when is below 20°C.

Would just love it if it was just 17-20°C and sunny all summer. The coast tends to be sunnier and cooler in summer, maybe I should move to the seaside.

Posted

April and May 2020 were two of my favourite months ever, because it was pretty much just 15-20°C and sunny every single day, with low humidity and cool nights.

• Like 3

Posted

Got up to 22°C here in the half hour or so of sunshine today, could we actually reach average temperatures in the coming days? 

• Like 2

Posted

Despite quite a bit of sunshine here it only reached 16/17°C. Pretty cool for early July even here.

• Like 1