3 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Certainly been dry here!

4mm in Jan
37mm in Feb
27mm in March
6mm in April
27mm in May
29mm for June

Only Feb around average, the rest below with January and April ridiculously dry. Not sure about crystal ball gazing into late august for some more prolonged rainfall, but there isn't much in the offing here in the next couple of weeks it would seem.

120mm in 6 months isn't just dry, its pretty much desert climate rainfall! Extrapolating that out to 240mm for a year and its ridiculously low.

Take Australia for instance, very little of it has an average of less than 200mm per year:

spacer.png

For reference, we're on 169.2mm (57%) here so far in 2022. The driest year on record was 2011 with 455.8mm. Even if every month remaining this year had exactly average rainfall, we'd only be 80mm above that figure.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
59 minutes ago, al78 said:

Yes it has been very dry in Sussex in recent weeks. I will have to start barrowing watering cans on my allotment to water my crops again. I do find these prolonged locked in weather patterns very annoying from a cultivation perspective, and we seem to be getting them at some point every year now, either bone dry or soaking wet.

Seems to be a lot more extreme. You can almost feel a sense of inevitability that over autumn and winter it'll bucket down for weeks on end at some point, and leave somewhere with more awful flooding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Covers on! wouldn't be Wimbledon without the rain, looks okay rest of Championships though, maybe 28 degrees from next Wed

• Like 2

Posted

After a spell of rain about 9.30am today has been pleasant. Bright. Breezy. Not too warm. Shorts firmly left in the wardrobe. I got all excited when the BBC weather announced 'the Azores high is moving in for next weekend'. What this means is a cool 3 or 4 days up until about Tuesday then 3 days of warmth Wednesday to Friday followed by a cold front introducing 19c again by next Saturday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Hoping this weekend will be nice, the following weekend looks to be very warm and sunny, sods law that's my once a month working weekend so expect a heatwave!

Though I'm grateful my water butt should be full again by Friday so will save on water for the garden in the next dry period 

Edited by TwisterGirl81
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
18 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

Hoping this weekend will be nice

Me too! Outdoor plans all afternoon so dry, calm and warm is necessary. Sunshine would be an added bonus.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

A pretty nice day today here. After some rain in the morning it has been mostly sunny and breezy with fluffy cumulus clouds and a high of around 16°C. A nice fresh feeling day. ?

Currently 12°C now so no probs with sleeping.

40FD6038-5FF6-458B-8C13-4C19303BD645.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
On 26/06/2022 at 20:25, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Flippin eck. Just walked back down the road from the pub in the Icelandic gales. Had to zip my coat right up to the top to prevent hypothermia setting in. What makes me even more miserable is the fact Sweden in basking in 30c heat. UK. The capital of no global warming. June 26th. ONE day at 30c. Shocking.

Bit over dramatic! Bet the temp was well into the teens. And you’re always at the pub lol.

Yes the last few months have been quite dry here. I’m not aware of any water shortages around my area though.

Posted
13 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

June has been pretty dreadful over this side of the Irish Sea. Day after day of cloud, breezy and cool. I would say I've had only 3 days out of the 30 (the rest of the week will be awful) that I would classify as proper Summer days.

The lack of sunshine has been the biggest issue though and no sign of cloudless skies in sight either.

Weather looks pretty grim in Carryduff I have to say. Those 10 pm sunsets a waste when it’s cloudy. Still, I suppose you have to expect a lot of cloud and rain living in Northern Ireland. Northern areas did do pretty well last summer, not sure if that included Northern Ireland or not.

F516D9FA-9F9D-4AE5-8BAA-C2E3639C3441.png

Posted
6 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Weather looks pretty grim in Carryduff I have to say. Those 10 pm sunsets a waste when it’s cloudy. Still, I suppose you have to expect a lot of cloud and rain living in Northern Ireland. Northern areas did do pretty well last summer, not sure if that included Northern Ireland or not.

F516D9FA-9F9D-4AE5-8BAA-C2E3639C3441.png

Horrendous this morning,  awful.

Last Summer wasn't too bad. Very cloudy but at least warm and dry.

Hopefully this Azores high building in next week will provide something similar. 

• Like 2

Posted

Jesus, it feels like an autumn day here, very breezy and cool, rain coming in later

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Welcome to October people.......oh wait its still late June 

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Row w said:

Yes it's blowing a hooley here!

• Like 1

Posted

What a miserable God forsaken place this is. 

My backdoor has just blown off its hinges! A week after the Summer solstice, not the Winter one!

Lashing down again.

This has to be the worst June for lack of sun I have ever lived.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Row w said:

It's 15c here where I am in Devon, crazy when it's nearly July

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

What a miserable God forsaken place this is. 

My backdoor has just blown off its hinges! A week after the Summer solstice, not the Winter one!

Lashing down again.

This has to be the worst June for lack of sun I have ever lived.

I'm sure it's still very beautiful there and green Lol I think the weather has it in for you though, you need to move further south and you'll get better weather

• Like 1

Looks like a really poor week back at home, windy, cool and damp. 18C at 13:30 in the few days of June for Bournemouth is 3 out of 10 territory.

Glad I’m away, hopefully things will improve when I’m back in a week, if not only 9days until a week in Tampa with work and then two weeks in Egypt in the middle of August with the kids

Edited by Alderc

Posted
18 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

I'm sure it's still very beautiful there and green Lol I think the weather has it in for you though, you need to move further south and you'll get better weather

Further East probably just as good as further South.

One thing is for sure, when I retire, I won't be hanging around here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
On 26/06/2022 at 18:13, markyo said:

Just come back over the Pennies, those res sets on the Woodhead pass are really showing the strain. And to think i was laughed at and called a liar barely a month ago for flagging Yorkshire Waters adverts on radio for reduced consumption....

Yes it has been very dry here but we have had drier springs than this before including 2020.As for Yorkshire Waters adverts to save water it really makes no sence to me.It would have to be a drought of Biblical proportions to have any drastic measures imposed.After the 1995 drought they connected many of the resevoirs so that water could be pumped from one area to another.That was a direct concequence from My home in Halifax where the supplying resevoirs had almost dried up and they were using hundreds of lorries 24 hours a day to bring water to the area,i was National news.There was even talk of piping water from Kielder which could supply the entire country Forever but am not sure that was only partially implemented.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

21°C in London with sunny spells and warm enough for shorts & t-shirt. The outlook is much of the same it seems. Can't complain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
1 hour ago, Stabilo19 said:

21°C in London with sunny spells and warm enough for shorts & t-shirt. The outlook is much of the same it seems. Can't complain!

Yep the only thing letting us down today is the breeze. Otherwise beautifully warm in the sunshine, 22c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
16 minutes ago, danm said:

Yep the only thing letting us down today is the breeze. Otherwise beautifully warm in the sunshine, 22c. 

Its the breeze that makes it so nice! Lovely day.

Edited by markyo

Posted

Currently 16 degrees, blowing a gale, waiting for the rain to move in.  Yesterday  was the same. Wish the  wind would ease and I could go cycling. Wind gusts of 32mph here today.

Edited by Andrew Hurcomb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
4 hours ago, hillbilly said:

Yes it has been very dry here but we have had drier springs than this before including 2020.As for Yorkshire Waters adverts to save water it really makes no sence to me.It would have to be a drought of Biblical proportions to have any drastic measures imposed.After the 1995 drought they connected many of the resevoirs so that water could be pumped from one area to another.That was a direct concequence from My home in Halifax where the supplying resevoirs had almost dried up and they were using hundreds of lorries 24 hours a day to bring water to the area,i was National news.There was even talk of piping water from Kielder which could supply the entire country Forever but am not sure that was only partially implemented.

A mate of mine drove water tankers on that job.

not sure where he was filling up but pretty sure it was emptied at Scammonden or Baitings.

Edited by iand61
Spelling
  • Like 1