Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted

Oh look, more cloud and drizzle for the north West Midlands this morning. 

Absolutely dreadful start to July here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Staffmoorlands said:

has to be worst 2nd week of Wimbledon ever here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
2 hours ago, Staffmoorlands said:

It's cloudy in most places this morning, same here for London. It's forecast to break up later with some warm sunshine though, so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Glorious summers evening. Gloomy, drizzle, breezy, fog over hills and 16C. Might get the barbie out!

79BD6D17-72DB-4C03-81CF-B901CDFF1128.jpeg

At least it will be cool when you finally get to cut that hedge 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Cleared up nicely yesterday with long sunny spells. Thought we were making progress. Back to complete cloud cover again this morning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

The cloud is starting to thin and break from the north as predicted. Might take until early afternoon the punch through further south. Looks more or less exactly how the ukv morning run shows things.

Posted
32 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

The cloud is starting to thin and break from the north as predicted. Might take until early afternoon the punch through further south. Looks more or less exactly how the ukv morning run shows things.

Taking a bit longer than expected. Disappointingly cloudy morning. 

Posted
56 minutes ago, danm said:

It's cloudy in most places this morning, same here for London. It's forecast to break up later with some warm sunshine though, so fingers crossed. 

Have a look at the Scottish Open golf in North Berwick.  Not a cloud to be seen.

Meanwhile,  over in the North West the cloud and Autumnal climate have returned after 45 minutes of Spring.

• Like 1

The cloud is pivoting over the south and actually getting a bit thicker!!

so much for 25C today 

7F197A18-B914-4303-AFD3-125A68FE5DD0.thumb.jpeg.969b7885be17434aad1d35e46ef63cab.jpeg

Edited by Alderc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

I can't lie, this week has been quite disappointing with most of the daylight hours filled with thick, grey cloud only for it to clear up in the evening/overnight. 

It's really hard to enjoy warm temps under this cloud. 

• Like 2

Posted

This must be the slowest moving area of high pressure ever! Is it ever gonna get here?  A fortnight now of depressed temperatures barely 20c and mostly below. Rain and drizzle Tuesday morning.  Drizzly rain this morning. Week of July gone already. Come on HP. Get your act together.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Need to get rid of this nagging breeze its definitely culling the temps a bit, was shocked how windy it was last night thought the gazebo was going to take off at one point

51 minutes ago, NEVES SCREAMER said:

This must be the slowest moving area of high pressure ever! Is it ever gonna get here?  A fortnight now of depressed temperatures barely 20c and mostly below. Rain and drizzle Tuesday morning.  Drizzly rain this morning. Week of July gone already. Come on HP. Get your act together.

I was thinking the same thing, its got the acceleration of a racing snail 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

This morning we a grey clag and tiny bit of drizzle , what a contrast now, bright blue cloudless sky's and 23°c

• Like 4

Posted

Cloud took several hours longer to clear, though here looks to be a decent and warm second half of the afternoon.

The next week is looking very good locally, perhaps bordering on the hot side at times but generally very warm during the day, pleasant and warm evenings but cooling down enough at night not too be too uncomfortable apart from the odd day here and there.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

not had this moan for a couple of years..but due to excessive amount of rain we have had here in the last 4-5 weeks..the mosquitos are now out in force..these aren't like the midges you get back home..these are nasty blood thirsty critters that can bite through even your clothes..i have been bitten quite a lot this week so much so im having to go to the pharmacy to get some antihistamine ..even applying bug spray didn't save me 

Posted

Cloud took a lot longer to clear than forecast, but it's now warm with clear blue skies. 

The next 6 days look glorious - high 20's to low 30's celcius and sunny. 

• Like 3

Posted

The grey cloud and coolness of this morning has gone with blue skies now and warm sun!

Edited by Don
  • Like 2

Posted

Too warm. Far, far too warm. Disruption and deaths warm. 

If you don't work, or can take annual leave for it, I can see why this might be amazing. But for the vast majority, sitting in cars, using public transport, sitting in offices or shops with no air con - and then trying to sleep when you get home - is going to be simply unbearable. 

A few days, that's a nice spot of weather. Sustained for a few weeks, that's too much. Those dark spots of heat, should they come through for that long.....time to move to Stornoway! 

• Like 1

Posted

I'll be driving around in a van with no air conditioning, can't see a problem to be honest, quite looking forward to it. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, RJBingham said:

I'll be driving around in a van with no air conditioning, can't see a problem to be honest, quite looking forward to it. 

Fair enough if that's your thing. I obviously cannot say the same if it's a sustained thing for weeks on end at those temps. 

A few days, a week - lovely.  

A few weeks, a month - death. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
19 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oooh you have green grass! That's not something i've seen in months!!

Yep. Normal for the grass to stay green here all summer. The only year I can remember where it didn’t was in 2018, when it went a bit brown. Nothing like how scorched the grass was in the south east though. 

The grass was looking slightly patched around mid June but last weeks rain soon fixed that lol.

Some summers it can be a challenge to mow the grass because it’s always wet, in summer 2017 we actually had to get someone in a petrol mower to cut it because it couldn’t go longer than 2-3 days without raining! 

6 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

I can't lie, this week has been quite disappointing with most of the daylight hours filled with thick, grey cloud only for it to clear up in the evening/overnight. 

It's really hard to enjoy warm temps under this cloud. 

London summer temps would feel scorching in the sun. Be grateful for the cloud.

3 hours ago, danm said:

Cloud took a lot longer to clear than forecast, but it's now warm with clear blue skies. 

The next 6 days look glorious - high 20's to low 30's celcius and sunny. 

Enjoy it if that’s the kind of weather you like. Sounds like hell to me. So glad I’m up north where it will be cooler!

After summer was on vacation yesterday here today it is back, it’s been mostly sunny with a nice breeze. Current temp is only 18C according to my phone but in the strong sun it feels much warmer than that. Humidity is quite high though at 72%, which does make a big difference to the feels like temp.

My cats fur felt hot after she was in the sun, amazing the strength of the sun at this time of year. She likes the heat - me not so much!

Even at 7:20 pm it still feels strong. I’m sat in the garden in shorts and a t-shirt with a big bottle of water and can feel the strength of the suns rays on my skin.

Next week it is forecast to get into the mid 20’s here. In the strong sun it will feel absolutely scorching.

Most places warm and sunny today according to my phone. Whitley Bay in the North Sea coast is apparently 24C, I don’t believe that, it’s hardly ever warm up there, I shall check the met office weather observations later. And as Dan mentioned London is forecast to have an absolute scorcher.

AF2CADCC-A646-4E9B-9881-7D056B3363BC.png

9C2347F5-680F-42ED-9D4B-3576EA9ABCA1.png

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, legion_quest said:

Fair enough if that's your thing. I obviously cannot say the same if it's a sustained thing for weeks on end at those temps. 

A few days, a week - lovely.  

A few weeks, a month - death. 

Oh come on don't be so dramatic, sounds like a Daily Fail headline.  28-32c is a standard warm summer spell. 

• Like 4