Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

What a difference a day makes, so so much more comfortable today, gone is the draining heat, in with a nice breeze and a 10c drop nearly, much much better! Yesterdays weather was awful, luckily i was driving most of it so missed the worst. Office at work was a sauna though, lot of very unhappy and tired folk.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

What a difference a day makes, so so much more comfortable today, gone is the draining heat, in with a nice breeze and a 10c drop nearly, much much better! Yesterdays weather was awful, luckily i was driving most of it so missed the worst. Office at work was a sauna though, lot of very unhappy and tired folk.

At least it was sunnier than today though.

Today is a cloud fest, with brief spells of sunshine.

Correction, Wednesday was the last proper sunny day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
18 hours ago, Snowy L said:

Loving the evenings with these warm spells, 20C still, perfect to cool down outside.

Not great for sleeping though, was a very warm and cloudy night. I much prefer clear and cool nights, with minima preferably in single digits.

Reached about 26°C here yesterday but thankfully the cloud came over about 4 pm and by 5 pm it was raining which did help to cool things down a bit, even stood out in it for a few seconds.

Today has been mostly cloudy, a few sunny spells, and still feeling warm and very humid, currently 20°C with 70% humidity. Still feeling very warm indoors, I’ve felt very lethargic last couple of days, I think the heat and humidity is why. 

Luckily turning fresher by the weekend.

• Like 3

Posted

Ok so last Friday was a stunning hot evening, however this evening will become the 4th out of 6 cricket sessions (6pm-7pm on Fridays) affected by rain locally! And on all of those it’s been dry all day until at some stage in that hour! 

• Like 1

Strange, there loads of people here from the UK. Not heard anyone moan about it being too hot. Guess all the cold haters are on netweather lol.

Enjoy the cold and damp. I’ll enjoy another mojito and the sea view. 

B1C76C5C-F3EC-4508-AFB4-E85FDAB6F862.thumb.jpeg.694613c906ec82297c9b32eabd76c86a.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

Not great for sleeping though, was a very warm and cloudy night. I much prefer clear and cool nights, with minima preferably in single digits.

Reached about 26°C here yesterday but thankfully the cloud came over about 4 pm and by 5 pm it was raining which did help to cool things down a bit, even stood out in it for a few seconds.

Today has been mostly cloudy, a few sunny spells, and still feeling warm and very humid, currently 20°C with 70% humidity. Still feeling very warm indoors, I’ve felt very lethargic last couple of days, I think the heat and humidity is why. 

Luckily turning fresher by the weekend.

Despite hardly a glimpse of sun all afternoon it's still 25C upstairs here. It's only dropped about a degree since yesterday. Had to have just a sheet on the bed again last night, far too warm for a duvet. I think the temp will slowly drop though from tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted

Another weekend looms. So does another heap of mediocre rubbish. Cool. Wind. Frequent heavy showers now . Couple days ago may be a brief light shower in the afternoon. Possible longer spell of rain Sunday. So. Four weekends in June. Everyone of them a pile of festering dung.

• Like 3

Posted
5 hours ago, Alderc said:

Strange, there loads of people here from the UK. Not heard anyone moan about it being too hot. Guess all the cold haters are on netweather lol.

B1C76C5C-F3EC-4508-AFB4-E85FDAB6F862.thumb.jpeg.694613c906ec82297c9b32eabd76c86a.jpeg

Wow, Bournemouth beach has changed since I were a lad.  Must be climate change! 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
13 hours ago, Alderc said:

Looks absolutely awful there, and the sky is completely the wrong colour. It’s just not natural. Don’t let the sunlight touch you! It’s dangerous. You must be exhausted from the lack of sleep? I bet you can’t wait to get back to grey skies, drizzle, wind and 17°C maximum temperatures. That’s just so much nicer in summer. 

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Don said:

Wow, Bournemouth beach has changed since I were a lad.  Must be climate change! 

I’m moving to Bournemouth

21 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Looks absolutely awful there, and the sky is completely the wrong colour. It’s just not natural. Don’t let the sunlight touch you! It’s dangerous. You must be exhausted from the lack of sleep? I bet you can’t wait to get back to grey skies, drizzle, wind and 17°C maximum temperatures. That’s just so much nicer in summer. 

Well it certainly beats sitting on a balcony or outdoor space and pouring a cold one, with blue skies and warm sunshine. I really don’t know how people can endure such difficult conditions.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Yet another hot spell that failed to deliver some widespread thunderstorms. When I was a kid, a thunderstorm or two after a period of hot weather during summer was almost always a guarantee.

Just like with snow in winter, it is becoming rarer and rarer.

• Like 4

Posted

Certainly could do with a proper spell of prolonged rain now, the Crowden res set and Woodhead res in the Pennies are getting stressed now, travel over a lot and the drops are now very marked.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
56 minutes ago, markyo said:

Certainly could do with a proper spell of prolonged rain now, the Crowden res set and Woodhead res in the Pennies are getting stressed now, travel over a lot and the drops are now very marked.

Aye, Mark, I agree: the grass over here is all brown and withered; always a good sign of a shortage of water!

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Yet another hot spell that failed to deliver some widespread thunderstorms. When I was a kid, a thunderstorm or two after a period of hot weather during summer was almost always a guarantee.

Just like with snow in winter, it is becoming rarer and rarer.

Yeah, the hot days and thunderstorm at the end was always a given up until about 2006.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, Mark, I agree: the grass over here is all brown and withered; always a good sign of a shortage of water!

I do the Woodhead pass least 3 times a week and the drop in those reservoirs is marked now, not even into July yet. We do need rain, quite a bit to be honest. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

For once, the forecast said it was gonna be worse than it actually turned out rather than the other way round! Been a pleasant surprise consisting of plenty of sunny spells here even though the forecast said it was gonna be a major cloudfest lol. All in all, a decent summers day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Delightful ‘summer’ evening 

3996A085-F80B-4F17-A39D-8B84F5581617.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).

There's been no thunderstorm in Sheffield since well over  a year ago. Pathetic boring location.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 24/06/2022 at 18:44, Alderc said:

That’s because the people that go on holiday to hot places tend to be the same people who enjoy hot weather!

The people who prefer cooler weather tend to holiday in the U.K. (as I do) or go to places like Iceland, Sweden, Norway etc.

Today has been very pleasant here thanks, just a few spits of rain, and feeling pleasant when the sun has been out.

Lovely pic btw. I might actually use it as a wallpaper on my phone. That women’s swimwear looks a bit revealing!

9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Delightful ‘summer’ evening 

3996A085-F80B-4F17-A39D-8B84F5581617.png

Still better than heat though.

10 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Im so glad you agree... I think I would be dying of heat exhaustion if I was there!

Today has been nice and cool and fresh. A changeable sort of day, sun in and out, a strong breeze and periods of blue sky with some darker cloud at times - looked like it could rain at times, but only had a very light shower around 3 pm. It felt warm in the sun but cool in the cloud and breeze. Think the temp reached about 19C. ?

It’s a delightful summer evening here too, same temp, but dry with some sun! ☀️

The next week looks much more comfortable, rain or showers at times and temperatures close to or a little below the seasonal average. Some useful rain for the gardens.

415ADC5C-5EEE-4046-9B8C-B24DFC313BC6.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

That’s because the people that go on holiday to hot places tend to be the same people who enjoy hot weather!

The people who prefer cooler weather tend to holiday in the U.K. (as I do) or go to places like Iceland, Sweden, Norway etc.

Today has been very pleasant here thanks, just a few spits of rain, and feeling pleasant when the sun has been out.

Lovely pic btw. I might actually use it as a wallpaper on my phone. That women’s swimwear looks a bit revealing!

Im so glad you agree... I think I would be dying of heat exhaustion if I was there!

Today has been nice and cool and fresh. A changeable sort of day, sun in and out, a strong breeze and periods of blue sky with some darker cloud at times - looked like it could rain at times, but only had a very light shower around 3 pm. It felt warm in the sun but cool in the cloud and breeze. Think the temp reached about 19C. ?

The next week looks much more comfortable, rain or showers at times and temperatures close to or a little below the seasonal average. Some useful rain for the gardens.

Not a single normal pair of bikini bottoms in sight. Every lady dressed like that! ??

Posted

Showers got more frequent as the afternoon progressed and has been a cool feeling day.

• Like 2

Posted
34 minutes ago, East Lancs Rain said:

That’s a dreadful forecast. Rain every day and maxes of 15-19°C, what I’d expect in late October. Yet more time cooped up indoors.

Oops, sorry! What a lovely outlook. Beautiful, calming grey skies without that dreadful sunshine, and refreshing soaking drizzle, with invigorating gale force winds and energising chilly temperatures. So rare in these tropical, sun blasted isles. Joyous! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
On 24/06/2022 at 19:09, NEVES SCREAMER said:

Another weekend looms. So does another heap of mediocre rubbish. Cool. Wind. Frequent heavy showers now . Couple days ago may be a brief light shower in the afternoon. Possible longer spell of rain Sunday. So. Four weekends in June. Everyone of them a pile of festering dung.

My neighbour came back from holiday on Scotlands west coast a day early last Wednesday as he said the weather was terrible yet it has hardly rained here in months and has been lovely until today.Even today has only had a few light showers  and has had sunny spells.

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

My neighbour came back from holiday on Scotlands west coast a day early last Wednesday as he said the weather was terrible yet it has hardly rained here in months and has been lovely until today.Even today has only had a few light showers  and has had sunny spells.