Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

18 minutes ago, kieranweatherfan said:

Good sunny spells now and temp up to 22.3° feeling humid as well, so feeling warmer than that temp! Will probably reach around 23° this afternoon and I imagine a feel like value of 25°

You’re extremely lucky to be at 22C, only 15/16C here completely overcast, with a strong breeze, again it’s a much poorer than expected day. 

Re your ‘feels like temp’ dew points are only 12/13c across the south east currently and are normal for low 20s so really aren’t in the humid category. 

Posted

Yeah a pretty dreadful day here - worse than I expected. Quite sunny now but a fresh breeze making it too cold to sit outside 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

I haven’t been on here for ages, but I have really enjoyed the spring so far.

Quite a bit of sunshine to enjoy and not too much rain. Temperatures have been above average but I don’t think I’ve had a maximum exceeding 20°C yet, and the longer it stays that way, the better.

As for the summer, I’m hoping for a cool one this year because I seem to be turning into a more warm blooded person (I have put on weight over the winter which is probably a factor) and I’m finding more and more I need to have a cool bedroom to be able to sleep. I have had the bedroom Window open every night since last autumn.

I don’t want a wash out by any means, preferably just a cool, showery,  westerly regime, with few days exceeding 20°C and no days exceeding 25°C.

I know a lot of people on here like the heat, but sunnier climes  are only a plane ticket away.

Here’s a photo I took of a beautiful misty morning here a week ago.

754E698E-4D8F-4B6F-9700-8F67B487930C.jpeg

D41E41F5-EAAD-42CC-98A3-A1E0C42402E8.jpeg

B46ABC51-D044-425D-B208-FDA88716BF84.jpeg

D9A032CD-7FC0-492F-BB0F-B44E1B7150BC.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Started off wet and grey here. Cloud cleared north and this afternoon quite pleasant warm and humid. Bit of a downpour around 15.30. Then bright blue skies and sunshine. Cloud has now rolled back in and it's gone rather cool. But not bad overall. Tomorrow could be 23/24c. Not too bad.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, mb018538 said:

16522.thumb.jpg.64ecc163859062e46d1aecff320ff129.jpg

Very poor forecasting. BBC from an hour ago has it clear everywhere and isolated showers. Instead we've got a big lump of cloud working its way up with attendant rain.

The met office got this wrong too. Sunny was the forecast for Monday afternoon in the south. Huge areas of cloud have spread in from the south west. We've barely had a glimpse since 3pm. Very different to what was forecast, blatantly wrong. I'm not feeling so confident with tomorrow's currently excellent forecast, it's evidently a troublesome spell of weather for the models, so I'll be lowering my expectations not to be disappointed if it turns into an overcast horror show.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Lovely day on Saturday, clear skies and high of around 19°C. Not so great Sunday but still okay. Today was very wet this morning, but of sunshine this afternoon but mostly cloudy and there have been a few showers. There’s been a humid feel too and barely any breeze. 

I see a lot of people from the south moaning about the weather, just like last summer. Probably going to be the same again this summer.

Photos from Saturday.

C21B947F-31E7-4940-B454-B5A254DA3FAD.jpeg

9ED8DB38-BE8A-4068-B7DA-69524D3FB13D.jpeg

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Turned so humid this afternoon...by far the worst feel to any weather in my view, utterly vile, Just hoping for a lovely thunderstorm later tonight! 

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Yeah a pretty dreadful day here - worse than I expected. Quite sunny now but a fresh breeze making it too cold to sit outside 

Yup! Now the sky clears!! Typical. Still better late than never

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Bright weather. Warm sunny thundery summers, short cold winters.

Similar here, turned sunnier but breezy with a very "unsettled" look to the sky (ragged, low-based Cu) around 4pm.

Pressure isn't particularly low yet the weather today has had a very "cyclonic" feel to it.

Edited by Summer8906
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alderc said:

You’re extremely lucky to be at 22C, only 15/16C here completely overcast, with a strong breeze, again it’s a much poorer than expected day. 

Re your ‘feels like temp’ dew points are only 12/13c across the south east currently and are normal for low 20s so really aren’t in the humid category. 

Reached 23° today and this is probably the 6th day over 20° you should move to the south east! Then you can enjoy low 20s rather than whatever crap you have now 

• Like 1

Posted

Every year seems to go faster than the last.. this one is whizzing by! We'll be moaning about lack of cold in November and December before we know it! 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Every year seems to go faster than the last.. this one is whizzing by! We'll be moaning about lack of cold in November and December before we know it! 

We most certainly will!  Can't believe we are just two weeks away from summer!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very warm here yesterday, then heavy showers moved in late evening, was nice to fall asleep to the sound of heavy rain. Got woken up by a storm during the early hours. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

According to the met office weather app it's supposed to be sunny this morning instead it's thick cloud, hopefully the sun will burn through at some point I need it to dry my washing 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, thunderstorms and snowy or frosty winters

Spoke too soon, sun is now breaking through hopefully it'll be like it was on Saturday one can only hope 

• Thanks 1

Despite some sun this morning the strong southerly is going to keep temps well down compared to those inland. Currently 18C, will be hard for it to get much past 20C before the cloud rolls in. Expected but still annoying. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Despite some sun this morning the strong southerly is going to keep temps well down compared to those inland. Currently 18C, will be hard for it to get much past 20C before the cloud rolls in. Expected but still annoying. 

You do realise you have a warmer and drier climate than 80% of the rest of the UK? it does make me laugh when you're annoyed with 18C. 

Currently miserable and wet here in County Down with a temperature of 13C with torrential rain due later this afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Looks like being a lovely sunny day today, once again when I have to go work lol. This has been a very unlucky month for me as Ive had to work when it's sunny and off when it's grey and miserable. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

The day started off being sunny... now it is cloudy.

Whilst it is a little frustrating when that happens, I don't have much reason to complain at the moment as I have enjoyed spring 2022 on the whole. And there is plenty of time yet for warm sunny days.

Posted
18 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

I haven’t been on here for ages, but I have really enjoyed the spring so far.

Quite a bit of sunshine to enjoy and not too much rain. Temperatures have been above average but I don’t think I’ve had a maximum exceeding 20°C yet, and the longer it stays that way, the better.

As for the summer, I’m hoping for a cool one this year because I seem to be turning into a more warm blooded person (I have put on weight over the winter which is probably a factor) and I’m finding more and more I need to have a cool bedroom to be able to sleep. I have had the bedroom Window open every night since last autumn.

I don’t want a wash out by any means, preferably just a cool, showery,  westerly regime, with few days exceeding 20°C and no days exceeding 25°C.

I know a lot of people on here like the heat, but sunnier climes  are only a plane ticket away.

Here’s a photo I took of a beautiful misty morning here a week ago.

754E698E-4D8F-4B6F-9700-8F67B487930C.jpeg

D41E41F5-EAAD-42CC-98A3-A1E0C42402E8.jpeg

B46ABC51-D044-425D-B208-FDA88716BF84.jpeg

D9A032CD-7FC0-492F-BB0F-B44E1B7150BC.jpeg

What if one doesn’t want to fly, and would rather have a staycation. Isn’t it nicer to have some warm to hot sunny days for some beach time or countryside walks between May and August?

Cool and damp isn’t desirable, and I’m not asking for 28-30c all the time, but at least a few weeks of 24-26c with a few 30-32c days thrown in, with long sunny dry spells, and a thunderstorm or two.

• Like 4