Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring and Summer weather moans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Bright, clear, warm spring day.

Give it a few more days and I'll be moaning about the drought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Not really much to moan about at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

No moaning from me today; though by this time next week, there might be!:snowman-emoji:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
51 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

No moaning from me today; though by this time next week, there might be!:snowman-emoji:

I'll be having a moan about that too. Fantastic out there this week with high teens, blue skies and low humidity.

Next week could be back down to about 5/6c and feeling raw in an Arctic airmass. Hopefully not another April like last year where it was woefully cold.

• Like 4

Posted

I expect this thread to explode in the next coming days. I said it before, I know it's not scientifically correct but I have always believed in "weather balancing". Even if we avoid a direct N/NE hit next week there will be another reload. The alternative is having low systems from Atlantic all April with endless rainy days. 

What's worse is the stubborn cold air mass from Siberia that resulted in 2 big snow events in Greece this March. This happens every 30 years or so there. 

That said, enjoy this week's weather and prepare for a rather bleak April. Either a very cold one or a wet and windy one. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I know I shouldn't moan about the current weather as its been lovely and sunny, but I always feel a little down beat when places much further north and west are warmer than here, eg lake district. I know it is common around the coasts in spring as SST are at their coldest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

It's been sunny here but there's  been a chilly breeze here in Devon...Hoping it's warmer tomorrow 

Posted
50 minutes ago, TwisterGirl81 said:

It's been sunny here but there's  been a chilly breeze here in Devon...Hoping it's warmer tomorrow 

Make the most of any warmer weather as we could be plunged into winter late next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
On 22/03/2022 at 16:29, Don said:

Make the most of any warmer weather as we could be plunged into winter late next week!

Knowing our luck, it will probably be more wintry than what we had during winter. Not only that, but it coincides with energy prices shooting up on 1st of April.

Mother Nature sure enjoys trolling.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

Knowing our luck, it will probably be more wintry than what we had during winter. Not only that, but it coincides with energy prices shooting up on 1st of April.

After the winter we had, I would take some wintry weather in April!  IF it comes off, I doubt it will last beyond a few days and unlikely to have much of an impact on energy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
3 hours ago, Don said:

After the winter we had, I would take some wintry weather in April!  IF it comes off, I doubt it will last beyond a few days and unlikely to have much of an impact on energy.

Oh,to experience April 1981 again would be amazing,i was extremely fortunate to have been around to witness it living high on the hills in the Pennines.The most crazy weather event in my lifetime.

Posted
30 minutes ago, hillbilly said:

Oh,to experience April 1981 again would be amazing,i was extremely fortunate to have been around to witness it living high on the hills in the Pennines.The most crazy weather event in my lifetime.

Yes and so would another 1981/82 winter to follow!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Dropped to 12c now, how frustrating as everywhere else seems to be atleast 18c or higher!

Posted
On 22/03/2022 at 16:34, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

It probably will do next winter, when we don’t want a cold snowy one, and everyone will be hammered by the expensive energy bills. 

• Like 1

Posted

I’m enjoying this current warm spring spell, but not going to expect another 2020, and won’t be surprised if we have another period of cold dull weather. 

What I don’t want though, is the cold to linger into May, because by that stage, we need the warmer days to enjoy the longest daylight hours. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really hate the first warm spell, so much tougher at work, temps in rooms easily 10 to 15c warmer. Need the time to acclimatise, thankfully this is short lived and temps will more than halve in a few days. It has to come the warmth, just getting used to how uncomfortable it is takes time. The longer those really vile high temps stay at bay the better. Worst thing is 6 to 7 months of possible sleepless nights is on the horizon, role on Autumn!

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Really hate the first warm spell, so much tougher at work, temps in rooms easily 10 to 15c warmer. Need the time to acclimatise, thankfully this is short lived and temps will more than halve in a few days. It has to come the warmth, just getting used to how uncomfortable it is takes time. The longer those really vile high temps stay at bay the better. Worst thing is 6 to 7 months of possible sleepless nights is on the horizon, role on Autumn!

Trouble with second half March up to early May is the yo-yo effect, tug of war between cold and warm. We can quickly flip from mid to high single digit maxima to high teens and low 20s, sometimes mid 20s under a sunshine every bit as warm as August. Difficult to acclimatise. By mid May much less volatility and you gradually adjust unless heatwave high 20s or more occur which is my threshold. Up to a dry 30 degrees I can cope with but a humid 24 plus not so.. anything above 30 dry or humid not so.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
34 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Trouble with second half March up to early May is the yo-yo effect, tug of war between cold and warm. We can quickly flip from mid to high single digit maxima to high teens and low 20s, sometimes mid 20s under a sunshine every bit as warm as August. Difficult to acclimatise. By mid May much less volatility and you gradually adjust unless heatwave high 20s or more occur which is my threshold. Up to a dry 30 degrees I can cope with but a humid 24 plus not so.. anything above 30 dry or humid not so.. 

Fully agree, we seem to be roughly on the same tolerance level. I do need a bedroom though under 18/19c, that is a red line, hence the aircon usage. I work in dental and hospital decontamination rooms, they use steam sterilisers, its not a linear increase due to the very high humidity and any ambient temp increase has a big effect on the room temp. As you said, takes time to adjust.

• Like 2

Posted

Hilarious how as soon as a cold outlier turns up everyone is all over it. When there's a mild outlier however, it's quickly dismissed as not happening.

That ECM run is an absolute worst case scenario for those of us wanting this cold spell to evaporate- I'd be shocked if it comes off.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, Scorcher said:

Hilarious how as soon as a cold outlier turns up everyone is all over it. When there's a mild outlier however, it's quickly dismissed as not happening.

That ECM run is an absolute worst case scenario for those of us wanting this cold spell to evaporate- I'd be shocked if it comes off.

Given we've had a winter with virtually no snow for the vast majority, can't you just let those of us who like snow have a couple of days of potential to see it fall?

We get it, you like hot baking sun.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Another full day of beautiful unbroken sunshine yesterday and again for the 4th day straight, the weather station only a few train stops away says we had 3 and a half hours of clouds! Is the Shoeburyness weather stations sunshine recorder broken? Lol.