Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted

And on cue the sun is now out after day of drizzle darkness and downpours and it’s warmest it’s been all day

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
53 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

And on cue the sun is now out after day of drizzle darkness and downpours and it’s warmest it’s been all day

Yes typical. Actually had to put the light on mid afternoon when that heavy drizzle arrived, had to look at the calendar to remind myself it's late May not late October. Miraculously we'll start to get a long dry sunny spell from September onwards when it's too late to enjoy it and all the nonsense about an imminent "drought".

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yes typical. Actually had to put the light on mid afternoon when that heavy drizzle arrived, had to look at the calendar to remind myself it's late May not late October. Miraculously we'll start to get a long dry sunny spell from September onwards when it's too late to enjoy it and all the nonsense about an imminent "drought".

agreed..

In all fairness I always usually noticed growing up how late May/early June often does bring unsettled conditions - I suppose the same goes for like it's unusual to see deep Autumn in early September or deep Winter in early December.. and so forth..

But yes putting a light on in the middle of a late May afternoon does sound rather upsetting! 

One thing I completely ignored today up until my bike ride around 19:00 was just how breezy and windy it was out there, took me by surprise 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Apart from it feeling more like March under the cloud and with the breeze, it’s not been a bad day so far and felt pleasant when the sun did put an appearance in.

Just hope that the few spots of rain starting to appear now don’t turn into anything more substantial, at least until I’m back from dog walking duties.

• Like 5

Posted

Back from a week across the border in N Wales. Mixed weather but a couple of warm sunny afternoons did wonders for the suntan! Back to a bright and breezy afternoon, with the prospect of more dry weather to come over the weekend.  

• Like 5

Posted

Tomorrow will be a 'heatwave' compare to what's expected for the week ahead, yuck, from my own perspective it seems like there's now a consistent pattern going on meteorologically these days where the seasons comprise of intermittent dry/wet cycles which last for weeks on end and only variable in temperature ranges. Currently we're back into a wet cycle again which (if trends are correct) will last until late July before another dry cycle begins throughout early Autumn and hopefully brings somewhat of a late summer.

So-long as the skies are clear early morning on Tuesday to see the possible Tau Herculid meteor storm, the weather can do what it wants after that.

• Like 5

Posted

Tonight could be quite chilly for us in more frost prone spots. No air frost but I reckon low single figures should skies remain clear. On to the models another poor GFS almost throughout the run if you want some decent warmth which would take us close to mid June without any really. UKMO offering a bit of an improvement with HP nosing in from the west but not worth betting on it given it's about 6 days away. I do remember in 1995 wondering if we'd get any warmth after a cool May and especially first half of June, the last few days this year remind me how similar it was in 1995 with cool and blustery weather up to mid June and then we had that huge change from then on leading to a scorcher through the rest of the summer. Not saying it'll happen but there's time. We're not even in Summer officially yet.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
16 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Tonight could be quite chilly for us in more frost prone spots. No air frost but I reckon low single figures should skies remain clear. On to the models another poor GFS almost throughout the run if you want some decent warmth which would take us close to mid June without any really. UKMO offering a bit of an improvement with HP nosing in from the west but not worth betting on it given it's about 6 days away. I do remember in 1995 wondering if we'd get any warmth after a cool May and especially first half of June, the last few days this year remind me how similar it was in 1995 with cool and blustery weather up to mid June and then we had that huge change from then on leading to a scorcher through the rest of the summer. Not saying it'll happen but there's time. We're not even in Summer officially yet.

Was only thinking about that yesterday.

my daughter was born in mid May 95 and the weather was very similar to now and as you said it carried on like that well into June.

It was before paternity leave so I took my holidays and when I was back at work it changed and I worked through a scorching summer with nothing but weekends off.

Meanwhile my missus spent the summer gradually getting more and more sunburned.

• Like 5

Posted

A lovely start to the day and with no breeze and a strengthening sun, it’s already feeling pretty warm.

make the most of it though as a chance of showers later and it’s looking like it’ll downhill again tomorrow.

• Like 4

Posted

I was actually quite cold during the night which was surprising having spent the last 7 nights in a caravan in N Wales! A nice morning but cloud already starting to build and breeze strengthening, so a case perhaps of enjoying the weather whilst it lasts! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Off out soon for a shortish 1-1h30 bike ride; end of May and I may well be in leg warmers; that breeze is quite cool, yet I was in shorts until December last year. 

• Like 6

Posted

Sunny feels warm in sunshine ☀️ with light breeze  hopefully stays that way for walk into Glossop with Victorian Weekend going on and beer festival at Glossop North End…. Pre Holiday Ruchi curry later too… Saturday bacon butty and strong coffee, then watering all plant pots from water butts then walk into town… have good weekend everyone 

• Like 7

Posted

Hi folks as a neutral and not a fan of either I'm looking forward to tonight but still want Liverpool to win, should be a good game. Someone needs to catch up a bit to Madrid! haha If Liverpool win they will climb up to 3rd in the all time list of winners/runners up. Real Madrid have 13 titles and was runners up 3 times, AC Milan have won it 7 times runners up 4 times. Bayern Munich won it 6 times runners up 5 times. So tonight should Liverpool win they would hop above Bayern Munich into 3rd with 7 titles. In the top 3 is a very good spot to be. Liverpool won't go above AC Milan into 2nd because they haven't attended as many finals as AC Milan which does count.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

So Glad to be here in the Greek islands Temperature reached 30c today a change a foot tomorrow as heavy Thundery showers forecast a brief affair though back to full sun and high temperatures from Monday onwards got car hire so can do some exploring tomorrow 

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 7

Posted

A nice start to the Edale Skyline Challenge this morning at 5am albeit a little chilly before the sun eventually got to work on the early morning dew, I went anti-clockwise to get the 'Great Ridge' done with first so I wouldn't be faced with the crowds on the finishing leg although Grindsbrook + Knoll got a bit busy as I was passing by late morning. In all it was 19.8 miles completed in 7hr 14min which was 2 hours ahead of the average pace.

03.thumb.jpg.6b9d8fe7c3d6f4ecc419584de3eb28a5.jpg06.thumb.jpg.3e9f0605c145f167c3d136ad4a715011.jpg16.thumb.jpg.083f529574c6e79fbe8e4f4bb4e70563.jpg23.thumb.jpg.1cb23d29bbd12fcef16decb9d6f4419f.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Apart from a couple of spots of rain from a passing evening shower, we managed to stay dry here yesterday although places only a couple of miles down the valley got a drenching.

I’m not expecting to be just as lucky today with more showers in the forecast but given that winds are pretty much from a northerly direction, maybe this far inland will be dry.

It’s a coolish start though and with little in the way of sunshine, yesterdays rapid warming doesn’t look likely.

• Like 6

Posted

Radar shows a line of showers heading SE across Lancashire and missing here by just a couple of miles.

if this had been mid winter I’d have been “peed off” to put it politely but with sunshine here and the blackest of clouds to my west, I’ll take it.

• Like 5

Posted

Cloudy and decidedly cool for the time of year.  Missed the batch of showers out to the west and now a long track to the showers showing up to the North/North East so should mainly stay dry here.  Tomorrow different story as the winds switch back N/Westerly so might invite a few more showers to the region.

Jubilee weekend seems a bit of headache for forecasters at the moment, I think the theory is it should get a little better (warmer) as the weekend wears on.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
16 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

So Glad to be here in the Greek islands Temperature reached 30c today a change a foot tomorrow as heavy Thundery showers forecast a brief affair though back to full sun and high temperatures from Monday onwards got car hire so can do some exploring tomorrow 

Not just the UK that balls up the weather forecast then.

Cloudy start but no rain cloud now broken up with hot sunshine current temperature 27c

• Like 5

Posted

A decent fine late Spring day. Light winds and with plenty of sunshine it has felt very pleasant despite temps not especially warm, max 15.7 degrees. Far prefer this type of weather than humid warm muck.

Outlook, changeable to start the week, very showery, but as ever some places will escape and some may see localised downpours, not expecting anything particularly long lasting. Just in time for the Jubilee 4 day period, a settling down quite possible, but one or two flies in the ointment, will need to keep a daily eye on things.

• Like 6

Posted

23c currently in Menorca managed to take off 30 minutes late but got here on time…. 29-32c forecast this week… unpacked and straight in the pool ?‍♂️ Hopefully friends make it over Wednesday ✈️ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
15 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

23c currently in Menorca managed to take off 30 minutes late but got here on time…. 29-32c forecast this week… unpacked and straight in the pool ?‍♂️ Hopefully friends make it over Wednesday ✈️ 

Enjoy Will, i am not jealous at all , looks like we may need the pennine weather shield for the early part of this week?!   

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It wasn't too bad a weekend here, the odd shower, but for the most part dry with sunny spells at times. it's looking like being rather more showery for the first part of this week at least. Perhaps a hint that things might be more settled for the long bank holiday weekend, but still a little far off to have confidence at this stage.

• Like 4