Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looks like any decent easterly next week is now dead in the water. The proper cold drops down into the Balkans/Greece/Turkey but what's new?

• Like 5

Posted

Only 4c when headed to Manchesterford this morning… lovely sunny day and felt warmth in sunshine out of the breeze… 

popped to Manchester Central for “A Place in the Sun” conference some interesting talks and information for our next venture in France ?? 

Popped to Hello Oriental new place on Oxford Road for lunch really lovely Vietnamese rolls, Bánh mì and Pho… sat in sunshine at Via on Canal Street with a glass of vino watching world go by 

Back home watching Man City vs Chelsea womens cup final and put fire on… come on City ⚽⚽⚽⚽

Backwards Saturday tea tonight… usual Saturday breakfast bacon butty for tea  

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
8 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Lovely morning here as well after a cold start. Afternoon will be spent at Gresty Road again. Will Crewe Alex win? Will Burnley play at home on a dry sunny day? Will snow fall before nightfall? Who knows?!

Yes we did but I’d have put up with a soaking and a point over sunshine and that second half performance

• Like 4

Posted

A bit of a shock seeing the regional forum now being put into groups  but hopefully it doesn't divide members too much, aside from that it's been a sunny but cold day (6'c max) around Leek to complete another two more Ethels on the challenge with the firing-ranges at Upper Hulme End echo'ing away.

3756.thumb.jpg.d44fac93dd98612be2bd2644ca443a76.jpg3757.thumb.jpg.28fa889bfcf11bae520643534b8a988f.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Really pleasant early Spring Saturday in Cheshire today - first morning I was woken by natural light rather than my alarm clock too - those long summer days are coming! ☀️ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

What does karyo do? He seems to be here, there and everywhere.

I'll text him.

• Like 3

Posted
18 hours ago, iand61 said:

Yes we did but I’d have put up with a soaking and a point over sunshine and that second half performance

And Crewe lost (again)! 

Nice morning although a bit more high cloud than yesterday. Good to walk down to the paper shop early on a Sunday morning, with the birdsong not being drowned out by the traffic on the main road.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of black ice about on my early morning walk and although there were times where I was doing a pretty decent impression of Bambi to keep upright, I still ended up on my backside at one stage.

Fortunately no damage done and spent the afternoon at our daughters in Calderdale with another decent walk but this time with a canal side beer break halfway through and although there was a bit of a chilly breeze, there was plenty of warmth in the sunshine.

• Like 4

Posted
43 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Plenty of black ice about on my early morning walk and although there were times where I was doing a pretty decent impression of Bambi to keep upright, I still ended up on my backside at one stage.

Fortunately no damage done and spent the afternoon at our daughters in Calderdale with another decent walk but this time with a canal side beer break halfway through and although there was a bit of a chilly breeze, there was plenty of warmth in the sunshine.

Plenty of Blue ice at the Etihad by all accounts.

Took my two youngest to Wigan North Western station today.

It was a tad chilly when the sun disappeared behind the patchy cloud but the sun came out as Sierra Leone steam charter pulled in.

• Like 5

Posted
34 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Plenty of Blue ice at the Etihad by all accounts.

Took my two youngest to Wigan North Western station today.

It was a tad chilly when the sun disappeared behind the patchy cloud but the sun came out as Sierra Leone steam charter pulled in.

“Tearing cockneys apart again” 

⚽☀️⚽☀️⚽☀️⚽☀️

E38348EE-22FE-4B8B-922E-AEBB4D36565A.jpeg

5A702FAD-70F7-4AFF-9317-A03BF93DADB0.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

“Tearing cockneys apart again” 

⚽☀️⚽☀️⚽☀️⚽☀️

E38348EE-22FE-4B8B-922E-AEBB4D36565A.jpeg

5A702FAD-70F7-4AFF-9317-A03BF93DADB0.jpeg

I saw that coach on the rail replacement bus service from Hadfield. 

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

What an absolutely glorious weekend it's been. Two mostly sunny days here after chilly starts both days.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

-3.5C here. A chilly night with about another 6 hours of cooling to go should the sky remain clear.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It's been a cold and frosty night here, temp got down to a low of -2.4C at 03:21. However, temperature has since risen, currently 0.6C.

• Like 3

Posted

Did anyone else manage to spot the planet Uranus that was close to the crescent Moon yesterday evening? it was mentioned 'here and there' in a few news articles but not widely talked about, which is unfortunate as for the 'average joe' it offered the best chance of seeing it using the Moon as a reference. A lot simpler than my efforts finding Neptune amongst a myriad of stars under -3'c temps and around 6 attempts over 35 minutes using the 90/1200 telescope.

274985690_263857955916396_8824273637659205082_n.thumb.jpg.de89dce45208ff31045a5b8914448ebf.jpg274814871_263875765914615_1340253917421041647_n.thumb.jpg.f9d88a5115d99df1def7a723e10682b9.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
14 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Did anyone else manage to spot the planet Uranus that was close to the crescent Moon yesterday evening? it was mentioned 'here and there' in a few news articles but not widely talked about, which is unfortunate as for the 'average joe' it offered the best chance of seeing it using the Moon as a reference. A lot simpler than my efforts finding Neptune amongst a myriad of stars under -3'c temps and around 6 attempts over 35 minutes using the 90/1200 telescope.

274985690_263857955916396_8824273637659205082_n.thumb.jpg.de89dce45208ff31045a5b8914448ebf.jpg274814871_263875765914615_1340253917421041647_n.thumb.jpg.f9d88a5115d99df1def7a723e10682b9.jpg

I saw the crescent moon but I am not well up on the placement of stars and planets.

I couldn't tell Uranus from any other.

• Like 6

Posted

A sharp frost overnight and slow to clear despite the warming sun.

A rather cold day. Cloudy at times. Max 6-7 degrees. 

Another frost expected tonight. Racking up a run air air frosts reminding somewhat of the conditions first half of April last year. 

• Like 6