Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted

Remaining dry here so far and looking at the radar I expect it to stay dry until dusk. Which will mean a very good weekend by all account here. Today not as sunny as yesterday but just as warm. It is very humid though. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

The cloud temporarily cleared here around lunchtime with a spell of sunshine, but it quickly clouded in again this afternoon. A warm and muggy day, temperature reached 21.8C in the sunshine just after lunchtime. Showers not too far away according to the radar, but it has stayed dry so far. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

A slight muggy feel today but nothing like it can be in July or August with plumes when it's dripping off your face even when sat idle . Temp wise like yesterday is just perfect today for me, don't really like beyond 25C so low 20s is great. Managed to sit out for a couple of hours before the cloud rolled in and got the grass cut before it possibly rains. Warming up indoors now 23C upstairs with the sun of the last couple of days on the roof warming it up. No risk of shivering in shorts and tshirt.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted

Yes I'm not feeling the humidity at the moment, but yesterday was picture perfect weather - everything on the right side of comfortable... temps, sun, warmth, wind etc... bit gloomy today but mostly dry although we had a few discrepancy drops of rain in the last hour which was a blink and miss it affair.  However pressure is falling slightly and the radar shows more rain further south so late tonight and into tomorrow will increase the chances of wetting the ground.  

• Like 4

Posted

The worst kind of weather today in that not only is there a 'slim to none' chance of seeing any convective activity later on in the night, but any any nighttime convective activity which does occur will be way down south leaving us in the NW with the left-over cloud and potentially ruining any chance of seeing the early morning's Lunar Eclipse (although the Met Office Forecast does show the cloud briefly dissipating at around 4am.)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
29 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

The worst kind of weather today in that not only is there a 'slim to none' chance of seeing any convective activity later on in the night, but any any nighttime convective activity which does occur will be way down south leaving us in the NW with the left-over cloud and potentially ruining any chance of seeing the early morning's Lunar Eclipse (although the Met Office Forecast does show the cloud briefly dissipating at around 4am.)

Always the same in this region. Devoid of anything interesting I'm used to it now and never get my hopes up on anything. Mind you summer 2020 was rather thundery. I think even a Man City game got stopped at the Etihad because of a severe thunderstorm. Resident City fans in here might remember it.  *Edit* the game was in the February strangely enough during storm Ciara.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 6

Posted

Spent the day with Mrs FLT's family at Delamere Forest. Started off damp but sun came out late morning and quite warm but with a noticeable breeze this afternoon. Lovely place to visit on a day like today and impressed with the new visitor centre. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
14 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A dark dismal damp Monday morning. Hopefully it may clear up later!

My thoughts entirely.

Chauffeur duties again, Denton first.

• Like 3

Posted

Looking at the radar, the heavy rain affecting NE England now missed much of Cumbria, however, there is a pulse of heavy rain just about to hit us from the south.

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Looking at the radar, the heavy rain affecting NE England now missed much of Cumbria, however, there is a pulse of heavy rain just about to hit us from the south.

Raining heavily here (Denton, Manchester), big drips of rain mixed in. Radar not showing anything really heavy but if your out, you'll get a good soaking.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

Yellow warning for Thunderstorms between 1pm and 10pm issued for the NW today now. Maybe something later. Day off today and getting the camera equipment ready for Netweathers Storm Chase Tour 3 so night be a good chance to see if I can remember how to use the camera after 3 years!!

Mike.

• Like 8

Posted

Yep, really bleak morning with rain that has pepped up in the last hour or so.  Brilliant growing weather though, warmth & moisture.  The sun will probably pop out in a bit as this main morning band of showers moves north but as mentioned the met weather warning indicates we might get some lively showers later on.  I've heard a rumble so far this year, but seen no lightning.

Sad to hear about the 3yr old who sadly died in a dog attack yesterday, this seems to be happening more often lately.  Carr Lane, Milnrow...quite a bit off the beaten track up there. RIP little one.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 8

Posted

A disappointing night for Lunar Eclipse viewing, I gave it until 4:30am before heading to bed with nothing seen other than overcast skies and one flash of lightning at 3am whilst looking Eastwards in the Chesterfield direction (given how bright it was and the medium-level cloud at the time I can assume it was just the one IC lightning strike.) Hopefully this afternoon gives some convective action to make up for it.

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, dodge said:

Yep, really bleak morning with rain that has pepped up in the last hour or so.  Brilliant growing weather though, warmth & moisture.  The sun will probably pop out in a bit as this main morning band of showers moves north but as mentioned the met weather warning indicates we might get some lively showers later on.  I've heard a rumble so far this year, but seen no lightning.

Sad to hear about the 3yr old who sadly died in a dog attack yesterday, this seems to be happening more often lately.  Carr Lane, Milnrow...quite a bit off the beaten track up there. RIP little one.

Yep, absolutely brilliant growing weather. I'm in a new build and grass seeded my new back garden 7 days ago when the low night temps disappeared and could not have asked for better growing weather since! Warm southerly temps, moisture, sun the lot. And now thunder which produces shots of nitrogen to plants. I currently have these aluminous new grass shoots coming through and it looks great. 

• Like 6

Posted

Ominous clouds around.

Now parked near Stamford Park Boating lake near Tameside Hospital.

• Like 4

Posted

Just had a torrential downpour,  no sferics.  Cloud above looks like a hole has been punched in it.  No definition in any of the cloud structure.

20220516_132142.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Towers starting to build.

This one over North Manchester. 

Got radio on AM but nothing as yet. 

20220516_132506.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted

View from Stamford Park towards Mottram Cutting (Glossop behind that transmitter).

Big cluster of showers heading right to left and maybe over me soon )

20220516_133522.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted

Some huge beautiful cumulus going up in all directions.  Some good insolation too, fair bit of heat in the sun has almost completely dried the ground.

20220516_144226.jpg

• Like 6