Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Metallic mast height - UK Regulations

Hi folks,

just a short question, as I didn't find any similar searching in the forum. I was wondering if there are any regulations allowing (or not) the placement of a metallic mast over building roofs. I have seen there are regulations about antenna masts (

WWW.PLANNINGPORTAL.CO.UK

Details of the planning permission and building regulation regimes for Satellite,TV and Radio Antenna in England

, but does this apply to a e.g., metallic mast which has a weather station on it?

Is there anyone, who have done sth like that or have faced any difficulties after doing it?

Thank you in advance

Posted
1 hour ago, Steeve88 said:

Hi folks,

just a short question, as I didn't find any similar searching in the forum. I was wondering if there are any regulations allowing (or not) the placement of a metallic mast over building roofs. I have seen there are regulations about antenna masts (

WWW.PLANNINGPORTAL.CO.UK

Details of the planning permission and building regulation regimes for Satellite,TV and Radio Antenna in England

, but does this apply to a e.g., metallic mast which has a weather station on it?

Is there anyone, who have done sth like that or have faced any difficulties after doing it?

Thank you in advance

An interesting one, I used to install Tv aerials (& poles), and have in some bad areas installed 10ft poles to gain height above the roof line, in fact mine is on a 6ft now). Looking around where I live, I can't see any tv aerial at the suggested height above the roof line(possibly as they have been up for years). With the changes from terrestrial television to Satellite TV, the focus on roof mounted masts has fallen away a lot. However it looks with the planning laws that most companies stick to the ruling (see)

ws-7717_mounting_pole_kit_on_white_backg
WWW.WEATHERSHOP.CO.UK

Pole and hardware for mounting all complete weather stations' integrated outdoor sensor suites. Suitable for Davis, Bresser, Explore Scientific, Technoline etc.

The idea of mounting a unit 35ft above ground level as suggested for serious folks, almost suggest planning permission is needed., as most 2 storey buildings plus a 3ft pole would unlikely reach 35ft, BUT having said that it would be clear enough to get decent reading.

Might be worth pinging these guys, I always by my stuff from them 

WWW.AERIALSANDTV.COM

No where in the internet will a page tell you more about all the brackets and clamps associated with aerial installations! Also see Poles and masts Subject list :

Edited by Dorsetbred