Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
46 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

It varies, but usually awake around 06:30 -7:00, and no kids to pack off to school, no Naps either.

If the suggested heat next week does build that'll certainly mean sleepless nights, mind you I purchased a new fan, and this thing is so quiet as it is a DC motor, but blows a hoolie, so that'll be a good test for it! 

Well that's squeezed the life out of those!

image.thumb.png.06a3e36fc870657416a26ad101551ebd.png

And now a clear evening... highest temperature of the day. ??‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

It varies, but usually awake around 06:30 -7:00, and no kids to pack off to school, no Naps either.

If the suggested heat next week does build that'll certainly mean sleepless nights, mind you I purchased a new fan, and this thing is so quiet as it is a DC motor, but blows a hoolie, so that'll be a good test for it! 

Well that's squeezed the life out of those!

image.thumb.png.06a3e36fc870657416a26ad101551ebd.png

Link to your fanny please?I could do with a new one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Link to your fanny please?I could do with a new one!

• Like 1

Posted

Nice early morning surprise for me today, still 12.8 °C but it was a Noctilucent day and that always make it worthwhile being up early.

Taken with a mere Samsung S20 phone handheld.

20220706_033447 (002)-crop.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe

Rinse and repeat here. Mostly cloudy with a bit of sun poking through occasionally.

Still waiting for this predicted 'heatwave'. Seems like many weather forecasters these days simply treat the predictive modelling as fact. Surely there was always some chance of this NW flow remaining in situ?

Posted

Morning All, a double digit night low of 12.0°C at: 05:18 has kicked started the warmth, currently 22.8°C, RH64% and a 10mph light breeze in from the WNW. Early morning As has disappeared with Sc the order of the moment.

From above

image.thumb.png.5bedd6e42ad53d7fa6666e6f9848156e.png

At sea level

image.thumb.png.734bcf26be99f873a40a5172773d2ab2.png

Posted
32 minutes ago, dr weather said:

Rinse and repeat here. Mostly cloudy with a bit of sun poking through occasionally.

Still waiting for this predicted 'heatwave'. Seems like many weather forecasters these days simply treat the predictive modelling as fact. Surely there was always some chance of this NW flow remaining in situ?

It is now similar to winter "10day away dream forecasting", which as we all know from history doesn't work out to be correct until 1-2days out, due the nature of our volatile atmosphere. Unfortunately sensationalist headlines mean a lot to some people. So as we do, keep our heads on the ground and wait. However, given the nature of planetary weather changes, events like those seen over France & Spain recently "could" seep their way into the Uk, within a short period of time, so making 40C headlines keen for those who want to show how accurate they are in such events. Probably like many on here, I have been in 44C temperatures, and know how you must change you living & daily lifestyle to accommodate those events, which for the UK will have many negative effects, because we have never been there before. Like you I remain open minded, until we get in to the short more accurate range, and rule nothing out.

As an aside I do wish the model thread would stop being sensationalist, and go back to reporting model outlook, and kill comments/one lines like "Scary top one! 40 degrees over me". It seems the MOD thread has degenerated in summer as it does in winter.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

However, given the nature of planetary weather changes, events like those seen over France & Spain recently "could" seep their way into the Uk, within a short period of time, so making 40C headlines keen for those who want to show how accurate they are in such events. Probably like many on here, I have been in 44C temperatures, and know how you must change you living & daily lifestyle to accommodate those events, which for the UK will have many negative effects, because we have never been there before. Like you I remain open minded, until we get in to the short more accurate range, and rule nothing out.

I lived in Madrid for a while back in the early '90s - the summers were brutal. I don't know what the actual day temperatures truly were, but the 'MacDonalds Thermometers' you would see everywhere were often in the '40s. Day after day after day. The apartment I first rented had no aircon. It was brutal. Next time I lived there, I took a room in an apartment in the mountains to the north and commuted into the city.

Posted

Thick cloud, odd thinning here and there, but still managing to put out 22.6c. Impressive ...

• Like 1

Posted

Much much better today. Lots of sunshine.

Sadly haven’t had much time to enjoy it so fingers crossed tomorrow is a sunny day too!

Posted

Much sunnier here now. Nice breeze off the Severn estuary to keep the temperatures comfortable.

Posted

Morning All, as noted overcast start to the day after a mild night with the low of 13.6°C at: 04:18, currently 17.7°C, RH67%, and a 9mph light breeze in from the north.

From above

image.thumb.png.6de1b12824e2163e1b6df9d204a1ea3b.png

At sea level

image.thumb.png.fc9f8cac05b25e4a062d077d66e4f0ce.png

Posted

Overcast, 18c.

This warm, sunny weather is taking its time to get going. So, do i put suncream on my shiny bonce before going to meet my ex-work colleague? Planning to sit outside, at a pub in Bristol from 2 today, for a few bevvies.

Posted

Far sunnier now, so I suggest applying that cream!

• Thanks 1

Posted

Thick cloud here is now showing chinks of blue. But no where near the nice hot 25c predicted! Only just scraped in at a 20! Worse than yesterday

Posted

Completely cloudy until midday then completely sunny since 1. Better late than never.