It's farewell from Michael Fish

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Bless him, all the best Mike, great great guy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Happy retirement Michael.For me you are a Collossus in the forcasting world,my memories of watching weather as a kid in the 70s and early 80s have you at the forfront.I also have to admire the courage you have to take the flak from the events of 1987,it reminds us all how any of us can be taken down with just one mistake or oversight.Good Luck,you will be sadly missed!

• Like 2

Posted

I'd like to add my thanks for concise accurate forecasts throughout your time on Netweather...

You will be missed, well done for keeping up with the technology, how much it's changed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Love listening to your forecasts over the years 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Thank you for all the dedication over the years. I still remember  being a kid and waiting excitedly by the tv to see if you said  we'd  get snow. At 58 im still the same, but on netweather instead of the tv!  Enjoy your retirement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Thank you Michael for all you have done over the years. I’ll always remember your magnetic weather symbol forecasts which did seem quite reliable ones ( not so much the actual magnetic symbols ) but your forecasts were pretty good a lot of the time. 

i also remember some of the amazing winter high pressures that would be vertical in nature right from west of the Azores all the way to greenland giving us some screaming northerlies. 

Thanks again Michael , a true legend who will never be forgotten in the weather world. 

Take Care. 

?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted

The Passing of The Old Guard... I'm 66, Michael, and i recall your days on TV as a 1st class weather presenter. We were all a bit younger then. Sorry to hear about your Parkinson's. Have always enjoyed your forecasts. But i guess we all have to hang up our boots eventually... i think you're going to miss doing this as much or maybe even more than we'll miss you. Well, I hope you have many more years of this life still to come. You deserve a long and enjoyable retirement. i too regret the passing of the older generation, our generation. But, such is life. Thank you for all you have done for us, on TV and with Netweather. Blessings, Philip 

• Like 1

Posted

As a weather nut from the age of 7 (the winter of 62-63 started me off!), I'm very sad to see another broadcasting icon hang up his magnetic clouds and retire. Thanks, Michael, for so many amazing memories, and I hope you get the chance to relax and enjoy whatever awaits you. Weird to think that soon after I started University I was reading a Fred Hoyle book about the coming ice age - now look what's happening!! It's all too confusing ! Best of luck, sir... 

Posted

All the the best Michael. ..so many memories with your fellow forecasters ..seems, other than here on netweather  such a long time ago ..I do recall a time many moons ago ,I'm not sure if it was a met office building or a bbc building but as a kid I was working in London and I used to sneak off area WC2 to this building WC1 and in the lobby there, pinned to the board was the actual hot of the press FAX charts ..say 1986 this  was ..Sadly as I used to go most days never see yourself but I did bump into John kettly. .lovely fella ..chuffed i was ..anyway all the very best Mr fish you will always live on in my memories

Posted

Iconic TV forecaster from my childhood.

Enjoyed chasing tornadoes with you a few years back too.

Best wishes for a long and well earned retirement.

Posted
On 24/12/2021 at 11:42, Paul said:

Sadly, Michael Fish is 'hanging up his weather station' after 15 years on Netweather. We're all going to miss him.

Thank you for everything Michael, it's been an absolute pleasure. 

If you have a message you'd like to send to Michael, please post it into this thread, and I'll make sure he sees it  

Thankyou and enjoy your retirement xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Michael.. you've been an inspiration to me and so many more - THANKYOU

I have a family member with Parkinson so appreciate you are 'all there' in mind and everything, your humour will never go mate.

I wish you my heartfelt best wishes to you and your family.. and thank you again for everything you have shared with us over the years - A living legend salute to you sir 

Michael, a belated message of appreciation for all those years service to me and all those folk who utilised and enjoyed your forecasts.

I became interested in meteorology when I was 14, way back in 1971, and was an avid fan of you and your colleagues standing in front of the myriad of fronts and isobars!

I used to quickly sketch the charts onto a map and then copy the shipping forecasts so that I could have a map of my own.

I always support you when I hear comments about the October 87 storm, and I know full well that it was impossible to forecast the ferocity of that event given the lack of data at the time.

So, I'd like to offer my respect, and love, and I hope Parkinson's disease does not treat you too unkindly.

Best wishes, and may all your fronts be ana, and your pressure tendency keep rising!

Dave Exton, Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Farewell again Mike. Happy second retirement 

He even got an Edinburgh Festival show - Hurricane Michael by Michael Phish

https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/news/7533-edinburgh-festival-sunshine-and-michael-fish-or-phish

mikefishretir.png

mikefish.png

mikefishstorm.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Farewell, keep well and thank you for everything.