Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

It's farewell from Michael Fish

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Sadly, Michael Fish is 'hanging up his weather station' after 15 years on Netweather. We're all going to miss him.

Thank you for everything Michael, it's been an absolute pleasure. 

If you have a message you'd like to send to Michael, please post it into this thread, and I'll make sure he sees it  

A huge special thanks to you Michael Fish for all of the years service you have given us all. I have always enjoyed your forecasts since I was a young child and I will never forget all of those days gone by. So many memories they bring back. I want to wish you all the very best in your retirement, stay safe and have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. 

From Luke. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 7th level of hell cold and hot enough to melt it.

Enjoy your retirement Mr Fish. Thank you for bringing a love of all things weather into our homes for so many years. Enjoy your retirement sir.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Best of retirement to you young man...one of my favourite forecasters from the 80s and 90s stable of cracking Beeb presenters at that time..goodluck to ya  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Sadly, Michael Fish is 'hanging up his weather station' after 15 years on Netweather. We're all going to miss him.

If you have a message you'd like to send to Michael, please post it into this thread, and I'll make sure he sees it  

Thank you Micheal Fish, even though I haven't been on this planet for long I know all about what you have been doing for everyone who sees your forecasts, I have enjoyed your forecasts ever since I discovered this site and thank you for helping me and others, I wouldn't love weather this much without you 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Thank you so much for contributing here on NetWeather, One of the best and most popular weather presenters there has ever been! Keep safe and enjoy your retirement it's well deserved!

• Like 1

Posted

Michael Fish! Another British great! Thank you for all your words of wisdom and knowledge. I've just had to explain to my 6 year old what you were famous for which made her rise her eye brows and utter why is he famous for being wrong LOL! Any way I was a child back in the 80's so your face was my childhood! Up there with the greats like Bruce Forcyth! Thank you so much!! Enjoy your retirement and look after yourself. My dad has parkinsons and it is hard to deal with. Lots of love from all the Netweather Xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Thanks for all those weather forecasts Michael delevered in your own unique and informative style. I was glued to the telly and radio forecasts in the 80s and together with your colleagues made my interest so enjoyable. Technology keeps moving on but i often look back at your and your colleagues forecasts with fondness. Have a good Christmas and stay safe. Enjoy your much deserved retirement...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Inspirational, always enjoyed his forecasts on tv, and understood "that" one too... Thanks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Thanks for everything Michael. Remember watching you on the BBC and followed your forecasts on here afterwards! One of the true greats and a household name for weather.

Wishing you all the best and happy Christmas to you! ?️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and crisp, Dry and Snowy, Clear blue sky

Thank you for introducing me to meteorology all those years ago.

Have enjoyed your forecasts on netweather for many years now.

You've done a fantastic job of keeping it plain and simple.

Merry Christmas and Have a Happy New Year. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Cold, Very Snowy
38 minutes ago, Paul said:

Met you once at the Royal Show. What an institution you have been. Many thanks for your service to meteorology. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Oh no! I've been a fan of yours since your first TV appearance in 1974 Michael. And when you retired from TV I was so pleased to still be able to watch you here on Netweather. So it's very sad to think you won't be doing any more forecasts. May I give a very sincere thanks for being such an inspiration to my own life-long interest in weather. Have a very long and happy retirement.

P.S. How on earth did you cope with those stick-on magnetic weather symbols on live telly. I have to admit to chuckling when they slid down the chart.

83941760_MichaelFish.thumb.jpg.7b5c9a022a7b08762b754bb1d628aa62.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Had no idea it was 15 years but yes, always enjoyed the forecasts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny summers, cold & snowy winters

Happy re-retirement to Mr Michael Fish, who I have heard, alongside John Kettley, is a Weatherman. 

You were one of the main faces of the weather for me, and sparked my amateur interest in meteorology through the late 80s and through the 90s. Thank you.

Sending you very best wishes. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I've been watching BBC weather forecasts since the late 1950s and you, Michael, are one of the greats. So many happy memories of yourself, Bert Foord, Bill Giles, Jack Armstrong and Jack Scott, to name but a few from the early days. I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as I do mine.  Very best wishes from one of the millions who absorbed your every word from  this side of the  t.v screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Thank you very much Michael for all the forecasts I remember way back to when I was a young lad, from the 1980's to noughties on the BBC and more recently Netweather.  I have fond memories of getting excited by your forecasts predicting snow, particularly during those cold winters of the mid-80's!  

Enjoy your retirement!

Edited by Don

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Hello Michael! Thank you so much for all your forecasts over the years, from when I was a youngster and you had to use those fantastic stick on symbols (which you always dealt with calmly), up to your informative weekly forecasts on Netweather. Happy retirement and Merry Christmas to you

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and crisp..

Sad to see you leave us on here your a weather legend  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

All the best in your 'full' retirement Mr Fish you've deserved it...many good memories!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Aw!  Hope that you have a happy and long retirement.

Thank you Michael, for every forecast. You are a legend in British meteorology and, like others I'm sure, you are one of the reasons why I became interested in the weather. From time to time I look up your classic TV forecasts of yesteryear... whether it be storms, heat, snow... it brings back a lot of memories and always ignites that spark in me.

So again, thank you and enjoy your retirement! May it be long and full of fulfilment.   Oh, and Merry Christmas!