Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clear skies this morning and a frost. Well at least it should mean that there will be some sunshine today.

It looks like we will see a more westerly regime take charge, though high pressure will remain close to the south of the U.K. so any rain should be pretty light.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Clear skies this morning and a frost. Well at least it should mean that there will be some sunshine today.

It looks like we will see a more westerly regime take charge, though high pressure will remain close to the south of the U.K. so any rain should be pretty light.

Doubt we will see much rain at all... high pressure looks to continue over our part for the next couple of weeks with maybe the odd front here and there.

Could this be linked to climate change? I'm not sure.. we need another decade of winters to compare with but recently bar the exeptions.. in the last decade our winters have been dominated by South westerly winds. 

With a warming climate it wouldnt really surprise me that southern UK winters become snowless in the next 5 years. It takes something truly extraordinary to get anything cold here now. 

Could be dry high pressure dominated winters become the norm as we displace the jet in winter.. who knows. We meed more time and data to know.

Having to water the field and plants again this week. Second winter in a row where we have had to water when plants are dormant because they are showing signs of lack of water (pot grown plants)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
16 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

No frost here, but a chilly 2c and wonder of wonders, the sun is appearing in the sky, the clouds are parting and some blue sky is appearing  

Amazing, isn't it? And there I was, fully expecting another load of crap like yesterday!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter snow.

Well I suppose today is an improvement…can actually see some features in the cloud cover and it’s certainly brighter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Absolutely nothing to see here again, once again it's Rossby Wave after wave.
xx_model-en-330-0_modusa_2022012606_8_1292_449.thumb.png.f4c430e064c275e0da451acb0834627d.pngxx_model-en-330-0_modusa_2022012606_50_1292_449.thumb.png.2b1c4f04339962152cb43793f9c5d03f.png
xx_model-en-330-0_modusa_2022012606_100_1292_449.thumb.png.0dc80fba9b67d36513bd71d08baf6aea.pngxx_model-en-330-0_modusa_2022012606_150_1292_449.thumb.png.668556a91ef50cf427ee9aeeccc13964.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
2 hours ago, NYCSnow said:

Well I suppose today is an improvement…can actually see some features in the cloud cover and it’s certainly brighter.

Blue skies and sunshine here.

It's quite lovely for January.

Edited by moogyboobles

Posted

Nice to see sunshine for the first time for a few days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Strange yellow thing spotted in the sky today!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

How lovely to read that some of you had sun today   While we didn't have any here, I can't complain because it was at least lighter and higher cloud, so the level of grey wasn't so oppressive.  Top temperature today, after an overnight low of 2.6°C,  was 8.9°C  between 13:30-14:30.  Currently 5°C  with 82% humidity.  Again a day of very light wind, currently WSW at 3mps.  Pressure 1027.4hPa falling slowly.  No rain has fallen since 11 January.  

• Like 1

Posted
On 26/01/2022 at 08:02, Surrey said:

Doubt we will see much rain at all... high pressure looks to continue over our part for the next couple of weeks with maybe the odd front here and there.

Could this be linked to climate change? I'm not sure.. we need another decade of winters to compare with but recently bar the exeptions.. in the last decade our winters have been dominated by South westerly winds. 

With a warming climate it wouldnt really surprise me that southern UK winters become snowless in the next 5 years. It takes something truly extraordinary to get anything cold here now. 

Could be dry high pressure dominated winters become the norm as we displace the jet in winter.. who knows. We meed more time and data to know.

Having to water the field and plants again this week. Second winter in a row where we have had to water when plants are dormant because they are showing signs of lack of water (pot grown plants)

What a great post ,statistics and data are l long affairs. this may intrest some it's climate and Regional so hopefully not too off topic ,sea level rise which some say will accelerate but hardly any deniers .just how quicky.

Regionally ,I heard that Sizewell c is in the planing in Suffolk ,fair play six million homes powered by non polluting nuclear power .but ..and it's a big one ..dungeness A and B do not produce nothing now.. as being decommissioned ..but totally Un radioactive substances won't be removed to Cumbria to 2080,now I dont know about sizewell I'm not local but if it's Suffolk coast it cant be far off  height above sea level  than dung. .we aint gonna get all nuclear.contaminates out before sea level rise ..so Suffolk cant be much higher ..so why are they plannine  it ??? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely afternoon here, now the front has cleared south.

1801629835_Satellite27Jan221315.thumb.jpg.3d7d68ba11656385b74d77c9aba599de.jpg

Nice to have a bit of a blustery wind in your face out walking just now. Although it did make the current 9C feel chillier. I'm looking forward to the more mobile outlook of ridge and trough and repeat. Always a chance of something interesting turning up. And this morning's GFS 06z giving a taste with some wild charts way out in FI. Just for fun at this range, the 9th Feb forecast - we're under that somewhere!

1906839218_GFS27Janfor09Feb22.thumb.png.85905ba776c5605d6f37a7fd9d3afcb4.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

New to this local group, live in Windsor and Arles sur Tech in France near the Pyrenees, what a difference in climate! After days of gloom in Windsor, the cloud cleared to lovely blue sky within about 20 mins today. Lovely change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I have no idea why people are already writing off winter. We have experienced snow well into February and March! Remember beast from the east?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Another frosty morning and car was indicating 1c on the commute. There is plenty of time to get some snow yet.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Another interesting sunrise with many different colours this morning

20220128_073635889.thumb.jpg.38055c136a00331d3ef20b7c2e80e49e.jpg20220128_073448442.thumb.jpg.febb2462fc9df2aee2e8746e27510be0.jpg20220128_073314115.thumb.jpg.e83fe56dc7219d15eb4b7d254f42ec7b.jpg20220128_073443994.thumb.jpg.8d3abf163c94bcdd53b3c6f7decc6fdc.jpg20220128_073312118.thumb.jpg.dd91349b838182d5bf7b7cb02833b76c.jpg20220128_073226648.thumb.jpg.d8de6aa2b64eaf1b91b00d9cd13bc1af.jpg

Funny enough I knew you would take some  pictures so on way to work I stopped off at West kingsdown looking south...ish  over borough green ..

20220128_075052.jpg

20220128_075041.jpg

Edited by TN9
  • Like 5

Posted

An unexpected frost this morning, currently 2c but temps must have dipped below that to give the wonderful frost, car thankfully now defrosted itself, so I dont have to on my way out  

• Like 1

Posted

Frosty again this morning. Temperatures didn't quite reach freezing dipping to 0.1. Not sure I'm looking forward to the upcoming more mobile weather and the so called cold zonality. Just means cold rain for us. Only once has cold zonality given any decent snow here, that was January 1984, 3 inches which just about lasted the day. 

• Like 1