Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
18 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Thanks everyone for the birthday messages, 24 days of photos taken in a row now, next milestone a month if we get any photo opportunities other than grey cloud that is

IMG_1241.thumb.JPG.b59583069826bd0f9cb32a446476615e.JPG

Anyone would think I like notepad's

Oh happy birthday mate ..just clocked what pixel meant ...thought they was saying, snow ,happy birthday year old ...and I've put a notepad  in the post for you  lol

• Like 1

Posted
On 23/01/2022 at 08:33, SLEETY said:

Another snowless Winter beckons for the SE its unbelievable we can hardly get one decent long fetch Easterly in Winter anymore.

You could count on one hand how many Easterlies we have has since late 80s.

March has delivered more for our region in the last decade at least where I live

Utterly woeful Winter again for snow.

yea but you watch, end of April beginning May ,our high will untie its self from the Eiffel tower drift gorgeously up to Iceland if not  Greenland beautifully elongate itself  and hey presto ,not a long fetch winter special but because the sun is strong and longish days its just  a chilly ,nagging low cloud infested annoyance , la Nina ,is la nothing for us ,it trumps the lot ,plus (our)high has its own mind anyway ,la nina ,el nino makes no odds to our high ,small fry ,sometimes its squished out ..but comes back with even more stubbornness, that's my rant ,hope its listening lol 

Posted

If it keeps it up we will  be like desert people soon ..water water please ..:-)  

wiki ... -Azores High, is a large subtropical semi-permanent centre of high atmospheric pressure , no ,you don't say ,cor blimey ,understatement of the last 25 years  

and as an aside ,le Nina ,el nino alternate ,so after a maybe couple of years all change ,so a bit exciting even if you stuck in a two yearer

but no, our high is having none of it  none of it at all 

and like our friend says...you need a ssw event ,so you would normally think a cold blocked spell,no not at all with our high it takes no lip from above or below

Edited by TN9

Posted

on as serious note though ,i did say years ago ..if the climate was say self levelling we wouldn't have a normal winter for  years ,maybe  hundreds ,people say we need cold in place and cold outbreaks ,but a leaky artic does  no favours at all for us  in long run , a strong polar vortex , and bottle that cold for future generations ,i could go with no snow ,

if it meant the artic didn't tip ,no one would be that selfish would they ?: -(

Edited by TN9

Morning all 

Checked the weather station this morning for how much rain has fallen this month... a meer 20mm! And most of that was on one day.. incredible for mid winter. 

GFS sorta hinting at a change but still to far away. We are slowly running out of time now for best winter conditions. By mid to end February I'm looking for early spring warmth and the first thunderstorms/hail showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
15 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Morning all 

Checked the weather station this morning for how much rain has fallen this month... a meer 20mm! And most of that was on one day.. incredible for mid winter. 

GFS sorta hinting at a change but still to far away. We are slowly running out of time now for best winter conditions. By mid to end February I'm looking for early spring warmth and the first thunderstorms/hail showers.

Could do with a good winter downpour to clean the roads at very least. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Pants pants and pants, grey pants at that, that's all I have to say 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, snowrye said:

Pants pants and pants, grey pants at that, that's all I have to say 

Aye. After a 6-day break due to Covid, things are still the sodding same!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
10 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye. After a 6-day break due to Covid, things are still the sodding same!

Oh no, sorry to see it caught up with you - hope it wasn't too bad and you are feeling back to your usual self?  

Not a lot to report here weather wise.  Cloudy, again.  As it was for most of the weekend and again yesterday.... back to this winter's speciality Permagloom - it's yet another day of particularly poor quality light ☹️  I'm not sure I've properly woken up this winter and beginning to feel like a dormouse.   Currently 2°C and 86% humidity after an overnight low of 1.6°C.  Wind WSW and 0.5mph... Pressure 1034.1hPa rising slowly.  No rain has fallen since 11th January, with only 13.2mm recorded for the month.  

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
10 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Oh no, sorry to see it caught up with you - hope it wasn't too bad and you are feeling back to your usual self?  

Not a lot to report here weather wise.  Cloudy, again.  As it was for most of the weekend and again yesterday.... back to this winter's speciality Permagloom - it's yet another day of particularly poor quality light ☹️  I'm not sure I've properly woken up this winter and beginning to feel like a dormouse.   Currently 2°C and 86% humidity after an overnight low of 1.6°C.  Wind WSW and 0.5mph... Pressure 1034.1hPa rising slowly.  No rain has fallen since 11th January, with only 13.2mm recorded for the month.  

Thanks, SH, but it wasn't me who had the Covid, it was my daughter's family; it went through all four of them one at a time. At least I haven't missed anything!

Posted
17 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Thanks, SH, but it wasn't me who had the Covid, it was my daughter's family; it went through all four of them one at a time. At least I haven't missed anything!

I'm glad you didn't have the pleasure Pete!  Hope they've all recovered.  

• Thanks 1

Posted

Afternoon all

The slate grey overcast is one thing but it's really cold today.

Only 3c currently in my part of east London and a real chill feel to the air. 

Winter isn't just about a few hours or days of snow and to be fair we've had a good number of frosts and days like today are well below the seasonal average if unexciting.

As for the future, all I'll say is a) it hasn't happened yet and b) perfectly possible to get lowland snow to the end of March and just because one EC46 (and let's face it, it's performed really poorly this winter) says it'll be a mild end to winter everyone throws in the towel.

My order of northern blocking is stills et for delivery from mid-April and who would put money on a cold and miserable Easter this year?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

To be honest a day where the temperature remains around 3c would not make much of a dent in the CET (Below average day/above average night).

To be honest I am longing for something to change, the sunny skies of the last couple of weeks (Currently running around 150% of the average for the whole month) were very pleasant, this however is pure drudgery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

That feels bitterly cold out. Feels colder than it did at 5am

Posted

Temp is 2c and I dont think its risen above 3c all day and the gloom continues. However, staying positive, at least its not raining and for those hoping for rain to liven things up, no thank you, its just and only just dry enough here to not be a mudfest everwhere. Im more than happy not to have rain for as long as possible, because when it rains, it will likely not stop for weeks on end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This has to be one of the most tedious winters ever, I last watched a weather forecast just before Christmas, I swear it has been the same weather every day since then. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Cold and raw summed up today in Locksbottom.only reached 3.2 and grey skies made it feel pretty cold.Looks like getting milder now as week progresses and could hit 10 degrees by Saturday but sunshine will be in short supply sadly.Although boring weather for the SE this month it has been pretty chilly and we have had a fair few frosts so I think it will come out as a pretty average January temperature wise when all said and done.Still no sign of any snow in next two weeks unless the models flip(never happens when you want it to!).Unless the PV moves away from its current position think we are stuffed this winter.Still time but time is running out!

Posted

One frustrating thing with how cold it is, the ground has cooled down nicely so if it snowed it’d lay nicely. Just a shame there’s nothing on the horizon as we’ve certainly “got the cold in first”.

• Like 1

Posted

We got to a highest temp of 2.3°C today.  Met Office app for my village has absolutely no sun symbols for any part of any day up to and including next Monday.  God.   Its the gloom and the not getting properly light all day that gets me down, more than the temperature. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Definitely groundhog day, what a borefest, another disastrous winter. Yes im chucking the towel in, soz.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Definitely groundhog day, what a borefest, another disastrous winter. Yes im chucking the towel in, soz.

whoa, don't do that ,i cant believe it i know its a long shot, but by valentines day ,we shall experience rain ,and the wind will get up too, so that's a bonus ,cant turn your back on that surely 

And i suppose  you might  as well chuck the towel  in ,coz waste of space ,no need for it ,anybody that says its muddy and boggy must have a burst pipe somewhere ,the low that sparky was saying about (i know its still a way off )but  even that's bounced over too far east where i though it might come down north sea ,give a swift northerly , but all we can hope for is all 67 pieces of our snow puzzle fall into place by mid Feb.,(cant see it but who knows ) if you thought we have been had over or staring down one ,the barrel is empty

Edited by TN9