Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

1c on the commute, anyone else noticed how filthy the roads are? Anyway, at least we had a frost

20220120_045025.jpg

On 18/01/2022 at 12:00, TN9 said:

I cant see how, I know at the the moment it's sort of trying work out  what's going to happen but it's a bit inconsistant, that's a sign it's not got the foggiest. (Excuse the pun today )the high is always to far east or not far enough north east but like we know if it hasn't got clue anything could happen ..that is about as technical as a brick sorry.

More wishful thinking than anything

Edited by Sparky68
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sparky68 said:

1c on the commute, anyone else noticed how filthy the roads are? Anyway, at least we had a frost

20220120_045025.jpg

Yep was -0.5 when I woke up rose slightly to 0.5c bit confusing lol! 

The reason why the roads are so dirty is due to number one zero rain to give them a good wash and also down to the sheer amount of rock salt going down on them each night. If you combine that with foggy damp weather that doesn't tend to dry out this time of year it makes for filthy and also very slippy roads!

Going by the GFS this morning we are not leaving this weather pattern any time soon. 

Thus must be the 20th or so frost here now this winter. Which is a lot more than past winters in the last decade! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yep was -0.5 when I woke up rose slightly to 0.5c bit confusing lol! 

The reason why the roads are so dirty is due to number one zero rain to give them a good wash and also down to the sheer amount of rock salt going down on them each night. If you combine that with foggy damp weather that doesn't tend to dry out this time of year it makes for filthy and also very slippy roads!

Going by the GFS this morning we are not leaving this weather pattern any time soon. 

Thus must be the 20th or so frost here now this winter. Which is a lot more than past winters in the last decade! 

Yeh as much as I appreciate the local councils putting the grit down its making a mess of my car with my weekly 400 mile commute! 

Is it really as many frosts as that? It feels bitterly cold out there this morning.

Posted

Well that was an interesting and somewhat treacherous morning walk, temps obviously fell quite low last night, and then just as I went out at 6am, a sleet/rain shower, only lasted 5 minutes, but enough to make the paths very icy in places, which in the dark even with a torch you couldnt tell what parts were icy, so it was trial and error, a few almost falls, and parts that hadnt been icy on the journey away from home, were icy on the return journey. Fun, not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Just when it couldn't get any worse for UK snow lovers:

• Like 2

Posted
30 minutes ago, Nick F said:

See that on Twitter this morning, Crazy!

Posted
7 hours ago, Sparky68 said:

20220120_045025.jpg

Yea I know ..and I am the same ..like maybe yourself I want a snowy day it's nearly year since it snowed and settled here and that was really only a day or maybe two at best but low lying and in the far south as i am maybe I can't ask for much more now days ..not coz climate change or that so much but days of getting a covering from anywhere but a long haul north easterly or something exeptional. We have always been marginal but where we might have got something it's tipped over to rain ..cold mind you but rain none the less

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

skies gone mostly cloudy now, please go away 

Posted
1 hour ago, Sparky68 said:

See that on Twitter this morning, Crazy!

One of the Greek islands was absolutely buried as well the other day 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/84989-weather-news-from-greece/?do=findComment&comment=4633091

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
8 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Well that was an interesting and somewhat treacherous morning walk, temps obviously fell quite low last night, and then just as I went out at 6am, a sleet/rain shower, only lasted 5 minutes, but enough to make the paths very icy in places, which in the dark even with a torch you couldnt tell what parts were icy, so it was trial and error, a few almost falls, and parts that hadnt been icy on the journey away from home, were icy on the return journey. Fun, not.

No sleet/rain shower here but there was a surprisingly heavy frost after an overnight low of -1°C.   It's not too bad once on the frost hardened usually muddy footpaths and fields but the pavements were too treacherous for me to go out in the dark this morning.  Have a right shoulder rotator cuff  injury with limited movement and got too scared of slipping and making it worse (bad enough not getting much sleep for last 6 weeks).  Got as far as the end of the drive and slid on the pavement dip towards the road - poor dog was turned around and had to go out with his Daddy human for a quick and business-like (ha!) walk with very little available sniff time - so he didn't pick up any doggy gossip this morning. 

Currently 4°C  with 72% humidity and the earlier sun has vanished.  Wind from a NW direction and  has just registered 5mph, with average over 2 minutes 3.4 and 10 minutes at 3.2 mph.  Pressure 1036.9hPa steady.  No rain has fallen since 11th January.  A couple of 0.2mm registered since the 11th is, I think, probably frost melt as nothing fell from the sky on those two days.  Another sunny start off-setting the white lawns and hedges beautifully but now dull, cloudy, still and cold.  All rather meh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Surprisingly calm day and still properly bright outside on the way home on the bus 

IMG_1207.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Nick F said:

When you look at it though its a fair way south I know but if it's a north even a north westerly  the air, if that cold, doesn't cross much water till arrival in syria ..tad NW and picks up moisture from eastern med ..plus it's quite mountainous ,all the things se England lack when we want it too snow ..especially with a north or  north westerly

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted

well what can we say ..looks like the states especially north and east but not exclusively so is on for a massive amount of cold and snow ..but like everything weather-wise where some one is having a field day another gets nothing ..i think the most exciting its got since before Christmas is heavier than normal drizzle and thats if we were lucky ,oh and the cant see a hand in front of me fog,and for the forseeable as well  well ,good luck with your frosts tonight people ,think to much of a breeze here for even a great one of those

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Another frost here and currently -2.7 but only a slight frost which indicating sky has only recently cleared here.Temperature has dropped 0.1 degree since 7am but now it is light we have probably reached our minimum which is quite off our lowest minimum temperature of -3.8 this winter.Although would have preferred a bit of snow this last two weeks have been next best thing with quite a bit of sun and many frost mornings.Little or no chance of snow the models would suggest for next 14 days and LRFs look bleak as well so could be a snowless winter for most in SE thread.

Posted

Well I thought for a brief moment it had snowed overnight, as even the pavements/roads are white around here, but just a solid hard frost on all surfaces this morning, dont know what the temp went down to, but currently -1c, looks like a winter wonderland, if we cant have actual snow, this is the next best thing.

Posted

Temp down to -1 last night. Still only 2 now despite the glorious blue skies and sunshine.

Posted

Faint tinge on the clouds in the distance past 6, I'm counting that as my sunset picture of the day just a little late, you can't even see it on the picture it's that faint 

IMG_1224.JPG

Edited by Eagle Eye

Posted

My friend sent me this of a snow squall line from Karelia, they're even getting snow squall lines and we just get cloud
image.thumb.png.3cc6d91ea120c31136c255294d1e4846.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
2 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

My friend sent me this of a snow squall line from Karelia, they're even getting snow squall lines and we just get cloud
image.thumb.png.3cc6d91ea120c31136c255294d1e4846.png

Looks like a nice anvil that

• Like 1