Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Government's New Net Zero Strategy By 2050

Skullzrulerz

Posted

Seen the size of those hydrogen heat pumps?! They wont even be able to be fitted in many properties, like terraced houses. Pie in the sky!

Grants will just end up being a bung for the well-off in large houses, with large outside space.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well the heat air pumps aren't a good idea. Noisy if poorly installed ask my neighbour they turned there's off due low level noise which meant no sleep for them. Thought that was funny as I don't like the guy. Basically didn't do any research. Need a hot water tank so you need a hybrid system or a heat battery if you don't have one. A lot of modern houses will have combi boilers and won't have room for hot water tank.

Dunno why they didn't go for a electric combi as standard. Probably cheaper and lot less hassle.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

If you ask me the government are just very good procrastinators 

Net Zero by 2035

Net Zero by 2050

What next 

Net Zero the day before some major climate disaster in weather is predicted to happen and they look shocked when they're given a 0 for effort

• Like 1

Posted

I'm waiting for the first court case by a disabled person who can't get the mobility scooter down the pavement due to all the cars charging

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
33 minutes ago, The PIT said:

I'm waiting for the first court case by a disabled person who can't get the mobility scooter down the pavement due to all the cars charging

HMG already has the answer to that: confiscate all the mobility scooters!

Posted
3 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

If you ask me the government are just very good procrastinators 

Net Zero by 2035

Net Zero by 2050

What next 

Net Zero the day before some major climate disaster in weather is predicted to happen and they look shocked when they're given a 0 for effort

I think they know the Net Zero Math is fools gold.  They know trying to get there is going to mean extreme hardships to society the world over, resulting in major extreme upheaval.  At least this is what my climate model is predicting

• Like 1

Posted

20-30 years time.

Leaders, loud voices. “Oh, why is the earth still warming at a faster rate! This is not supposed to happen”!

• Like 1

Posted

In 20 to 30 years time they'll be wondering what to do with all the old batteries and still growing population destroying environments as they expand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
5 hours ago, GSP said:

20-30 years time.

Leaders, loud voices. “Oh, why is the earth still warming at a faster rate! This is not supposed to happen”!

May very well happen given the residence time CO2 has in the atmosphere, which emphasises the need for things to change now.

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

May very well happen given the residence time CO2 has in the atmosphere, which emphasises the need for things to change now.

Read my thread “Should We Be Even Warmer….”. Trying to flip things quickly, if we think we can control the climate might have a worse effect. Not sure what the solution is but its more delicate than we think up there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

I'll never understand why there hasn't been an Apollo-style moonshot programme to fund and accelerate Fusion research. Despite the lack of funding, several important milestones have been passed recently, and we are getting ever closer to net energy gain. For example,

newseventsimage_1629208807683_mainnews20
WWW.IMPERIAL.AC.UK

Ignition is a key process that amplifies the energy output from nuclear fusion and could provide clean energy and answer some huge physics questions.

It's a gamble, and it would be expensive, but so was Apollo, and the ROI would be enormous. I'm all for a multi-faceted approach to climate change with renewables, carbon capture etc, but it seems to me that only a truly great technological breakthrough is going to actually provide a real solution.

The US spends more annually on dog grooming than it does on Fusion research.

• Like 2

Posted

I personally think geo-engineering will have to be an answer going forward unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
On 19/10/2021 at 17:05, Wheezer said:

I think they know the Net Zero Math is fools gold.  They know trying to get there is going to mean extreme hardships to society the world over, resulting in major extreme upheaval.  At least this is what my climate model is predicting

Climate models were predicting the Maldeves would be under water years ago , and as for the Government's Net zero policy , they might as well think we all came here on a Banana boat...

Posted
2 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Climate models were predicting the Maldeves would be under water years ago , and as for the Government's Net zero policy , they might as well think we all came here on a Banana boat...

And Climate Deniers were predicting a new Little Ice-Age. How's that one coming along?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

And Climate Deniers were predicting a new Little Ice-Age. How's that one coming along?

from my understanding climate scientists back in the 1960s and 70s were predicting global cooling in the coming decades nothing to do with so called deniers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

from my understanding climate scientists back in the 1960s and 70s were predicting global cooling in the coming decades nothing to do with so called deniers 

Like I was talking about what peeps were pondering, in the 1960s? It was the patent garbage CCDs were predicting (in 2006) I was referring to.

Posted
12 hours ago, Yarmy said:

I'll never understand why there hasn't been an Apollo-style moonshot programme to fund and accelerate Fusion research. Despite the lack of funding, several important milestones have been passed recently, and we are getting ever closer to net energy gain. For example,

newseventsimage_1629208807683_mainnews20
WWW.IMPERIAL.AC.UK

Ignition is a key process that amplifies the energy output from nuclear fusion and could provide clean energy and answer some huge physics questions.

But funding from the private sector is huge. Billions in recent years that has accelerated the progress. The likes of Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates have become key players in nuclear fusion - evidenced by their investments in General Fusion.  If those guys get involved you know it’s going somewhere. 

The governments don’t need to make big investments whilst this is happening. They can just sit back and wait to tax and apply levies once all the hard work is done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow
22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Like I was talking about what peeps were pondering, in the 1960s? It was the patent garbage CCDs were predicting (in 2006) I was referring to.

Yeah the CCDs Little Ice-Age predictions turned out to be as accurate as the alarmist climate models

Posted
4 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Majority of that hub-bub over that rubbish was ginned up by,,,wait for it..... the MSM

Posted
3 minutes ago, Wheezer said:

Majority of that hub-bub over that rubbish was ginned up by,,,wait for it..... the MSM

The very mention of which has lost you any possible argument you ever had. How sad!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

If you can’t trust the MSM, who can you trust. Didn’t Sky News just last week post an article showing Buckingham Palace under 5 meters of water? If I recall correctly…3 times the IPCC’s worst case scenario predictions. They clearly know something we don’t know.

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

The very mention of which has lost you any possible argument you ever had. How sad!

I didn't know I was arguing and I didn't know using MSM was a disqualifier,  apologies.   But, since we're talking about the 70s, MSM fits better then , than today.  You only had a few news sources to be mesmerized by, television,  radio  and rags.  We can call them Broadcast News Conglomerates if that makes one feel better

Posted
1 hour ago, Mixer 85 said:

If you can’t trust the MSM, who can you trust. 

The scientists, they dedicate their time to the subject.

As for the climate models. Global temperatures and CO2 emissions are on the high side of predictions so not a failure by any means. Global temperatures have risen more then what they were forecast to back in 2006.

...and the Maldives weren't predicted to underwater years ago, still peddling incorrect statements deliberately ANYWEATHER? That's not until the end of this century. 80% of the country is now less then 1 metre above sea level...

106884348-1621319604180-gettyimages-1190
WWW.CNBC.COM

If environmental damage continues at its current pace, the Maldives "will not be here" by 2100, said the country's minister of environment, Aminath Shauna.

Talk of an Ice Age in the 60s and 70s were due to Milankovitch cycles. Yes global temperatures stalled back then for a while but CO2 emissions were also lower and the -PDO acted as a negative feedback. Global temperature records were much shorter and the vast majority of the scientific consensus was still concerned about global warming.

http://nora.nerc.ac.uk/id/eprint/11584/1/2008bams2370%2E1.pdf

Now that the rate of CO2 emissions has increased, we don't see a stall in global temps during -PDO phases. Even during La Nina phases we are close to the global temperature records set in 2016 during that major El Nino.

I find it odd that so many posts are just appearing at of nowhere after being quiet for such a long time. It's as if people with vested interests are trying to purposefully mislead the public away from the science ahead of COP26....

Edited by Quicksilver1989
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

regarding the Maldives..just playing devils advocate ....here is an article from 1988..where it states back then most of the islands are no more than 1 metre above sea level and were in danger of being overwhelmed in the next 20-40 years..and here we are in 2021 saying the same thing 

image.thumb.png.bf1bf63b4d25a4ec5caa6faec5627cd0.png

• Like 1