Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Very wet snow falling here now with slush on the car windscreens. Won't be staying up so will see what it's like early tomorrow! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Amazing thunder snow while passing the Eaglesham moors

• Like 9

Posted

Been tracking this bad boy, optimum direction for here, should give a solid covering. Just starting as I type 

Screenshot_20220107_004201_com.android.chrome_edit_2605336545191518.thumb.jpg.f7c53e5f881c843b2b1892aad5dbe47a.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

That'll be the intense showers coming then those cbs and high cloud tops 

image?type=km&region=gb
EN.SAT24.COM

Satellite images with clouds height of United Kingdom and Ireland, Weather in United Kingdom and Ireland - SAT24.com

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

watching a blob aswell wondering and hoping.... Still not seen a flake... another 10 mins or so and should know if I will see flakes or if the bulb is to wet

• Like 4

Posted

Everything is white here with moderate snow falling and the radar looks good for more! I think there's been a decent bit of melt since the heavy showers in the early hours as there's a deeper patch of snow left on the cars of about 2 inches which hasn't slid off. Nice to see winter again, even if it's only for a few hours. 

Cars are getting stuck on the M77  and there's snow all the way down to sea level in Glasgow and Ardrossan by the looks of the traffic cams. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Oooh woke up to big fat snowflakes, Satsuma size, falling from the sky and a very unhappy cat sitting on the windowsill staring in and complaining. Probably only an inch, maybe inch and a half but have a nice all over covering. 

• Like 7

Posted

Meh! The lightest of coverings and snowing lightly. Disappointed with that to be honest but seeing as it was still raining pish well after midnight here I'm not that surprised! Must have caught very few showers overnight as the house cam (triggered by our resident naughty fox) suggests there was nothing at 5am. 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 8

Posted
5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Meh! The lightest of coverings and snowing lightly. No intensity at all. Disappointed with that to be honest but seeing as it was still raining pish well after midnight here I'm not that surprised!

Light sugar coating here too oh well onto the next cold snap

• Like 6

Posted

Radar shows this current shower rapidly losing intensity over West Lothian with only light stuff reaching here. To be fair that's pretty much what the Met forecast suggested! 

• Like 3

Posted

Amazing how quickly intense showers can simply fizzle out! 

IMG_20220107_081124.thumb.jpg.9944847536178269bc9b44c937786503.jpgIMG_20220107_081421.thumb.jpg.14ea8a60517a22ef0149f4411bf562e5.jpgIMG_20220107_081203.thumb.jpg.ee95d98bca1293536103c7cefeb6871c.jpg

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

absolutely hee haw made it through as far as here, the radar is a liar a liar I tell you. 

Let's hope the pattern the GFS been hinting at looking to bring in has some legs. 

I did say last year if I only got one spell like we did last February I would be happy and I do mean that so fingers crossed for that one proper snowy cold spell. 

• Like 8