Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

It hasnt stopped raining here for about 26 hours, horrible and ground is totally sodden. The band this morning looks like a forth streamer but without the cold to make it useful !

Edited by JoeShmoe
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

1.7C here currently, down from a high of 3.7C around 3am. Was dryish when I looked out at first light but back to intermittent showers again now, with a bit of sleety stuff mixed into the heavier ones. Roll on the sun and frost, depressing enough at this time of the year without the daylight hours being little different light wise to the nighttime hours. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 4

Posted

At 6.00 am it was 3.5c but currently 1.5c with clearing skies. Some odd showers too on a light easterly breeze.

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Boydie said:

Guinness has helped me get through this troubling time weather wise.

The fridge is stocked with a great selection of IPA's and the cabinet has a few new malts to be opened! More to cope with the in-laws than any potential pish weather

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely day for hill walking.

20211224_130255.jpg

Forgot about storm Arwen. Forestry road is blocked half way up the hill  

20211224_125359.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 9

Posted

Cleared up beautifully since late morning - now completely clear skies and not a breath of wind. Not sure on the temperature but the grass seems to be frosting up already. Could be a cold one tonight if it stays like this. 

• Like 3

Posted

Day started naff thanks to Permagloom clinging on; ground utterly saturated with all the recent rain.

Thankfully though that got replaced by mainly clear skies from noon onwards.  Max temperature of 4c at 2am and dropping constantly since then, now 0.4c with very light winds.

Great to see the sun as it lifts the mood a lot (plus allows you to throw the plague carriers into the garden to get some exercise).

Going to be a strange christmas with the meal shared via video call!  Been very lucky though, everyone asymptomatic. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Happy christmas you mad lot... have a great few days enjoy be merry and take time to restock and refresh ready for the snaw thats coming in the new year..

Cheers all 

20211224_144015.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Nice to get some sun for the afternoon dog walk for a change, although it still felt on the chilly side. There was even a dusting of snow on a shaded section of the forestry track, but little evidence of any elsewhere. Temp currently sat at 0.9C,but expting it to drop a fair bit lower overnight. 

• Like 7

Posted

Cleared up this afternoon temperature still falling currently  0c See there  are a few very light showers moving along the coast from the east Could we get a flurry overnight or tomorrow.?

Just when you think you have everything ready to feed cattle quickly tomorrow you discover a 3 month old calf with a skinned knee which was swollen .Quick trip to vets for steroids and antibiotics Teenagers racing round the newly bedded fold in the afternoon!!!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Well, supposedly I'll get some snaw turnin tae pish on boxing day. I expect just pish turnin tae mair pish. 

Where did it all go wrong? Ach well, it's still early days in the winter!

Merry Christmas to all. Hope Santa's guid tae ye!

Edited by Scottish-Irish Skier
  • Like 7

Posted

Now -2c so very seasonal and probably an ice day tomorrow to round off Christmas and on that note may I wish all on the Scottish Thread a Merry Christmas.

Off to do my usual Xmas Eve routine peeling veg.    Sprouts should be particularly good after -4c frost the other day along with parsnips.Tatties and carrots were lifted a while ago.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Well well, early drizzle and rain this morning gave way to brighter afternoon but with bitter SE wind with frost setting inbefore dusk but now its snowing!  light and fine but snow none the less!

• Like 5

Posted

Evening all, currently 3.8c with a notable easterly breeze. High was 6.1c here in Pittenweem and the skies finally cleared before it got dark. Looking forward to some sun, perhaps, tomorrow! 

Merry Christmas to all on the thread! 

• Like 5

Posted
18 hours ago, tiff said:

Came home via Glenshee today and was a bit disappointed.  Very little snow and 2 degrees. Ground was frozen in Alford this morning and 0 degrees. Got out my van and slipped on my ****.. 

20211223_151934.thumb.jpg.3d6ca22e4c89383500def2b95dcf2b26.jpg

Snowfall last night seems to have improved matters (photo below shamelessly pinched from SAIS Southern Cairngorms blog) - looks like fun!

22E0B36C-0017-43A9-822F-08FC5DDB5233.thumb.jpeg.61342419c02daf899c5fff2afebc0d50.jpeg

Could be some interest for some of us on Boxing Day - with a bit of height, anyway - then very mild. Hopefully the mild spell won’t last too long, but it looks like the ‘form horse’ at the moment.

• Like 7

Posted

Merry Christmas to my fellow thread friends - hope everyone has a smashing day tomorrow and maybe a flake in the wind... Yellow snow Boxing Day so no eating. 

Christmas Tree GIF

• Like 3

Posted
39 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Still grey and horrible here today, hoping for a change tomorrow. Nightmare couple of days with the husband - out of hours doc ending in an urgent trip to hospital today for a scan. Thankfully nothing awful, but  damaged kidneys and kidney disease still not good news.

Puffy wee son are you doing ok?

Sorry to hear that! I hope he's OK!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Merry Christmas to all in the Scottish group!

Currently -0.4c after a high of 4.1c in early hours. Blue skies for a couple of hours before the Haar came down, when it lifted again, the clouds had formed once more. Grass was crispy when I went out to my shed at dusk. Keeping my fingers crossed for a dusting but won’t be holding my breath.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

A few light snow flurries coming through inland Angus now ❄️ A light dusting settling on roofs and cars, perhaps a white Christmas morning to come after all. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

amazingly there are some flakes falling here.... looking a bit meh for a while though in the medium term. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Does sleet count as a white Christmas? Pishing down with it here just now with a gusty wind.

Merry Christmas everyone❄️

• Like 5