Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Bright spells here today and a good bit milder than yesterday with a max of 15.4C and a min of 10.4C. A bit cooler again tomorrow and colder on Friday before temps rise gradually over the weekend to be above average by the beginning of next week.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Today is breezy but dry so far, which is good because this morning I shall mostly be fitting a new starter motor and turbo actuator to the Land Rover and I don’t want rain running down the gutter while I’m lying in it.

High temperature was 11.9⁰C at 03:06 dropping to a low of 11.1⁰C at 07:00 and now 11.6⁰C, (the temperature elf isn’t exactly bursting a gut, is he?) humidity is 84%, wind between 3 and 17mph southwesterly, pressure is 1016.2hPa dropping like a stone, there’s been no rain today and cloud cover is 8/8. Again.

Right, where’s my hammer..?

• Like 3

Posted

Same here - was welded to the windscreen. 0.0C in the garden (dam - can't count it as first air frost!), -3.0 at 270m in open country in the car.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

We're down in Cornwall for the week and it's been tshirt weather every day. Went to the Minack open-air Theatre on Wednesday night and have had a great time catching up with family and friends. The dog is knackered from all the walking and has started to hide under the table when his lead comes out. Back home tomorrow, excited (I think) to hear about the first frost. 

DSC_3127.JPG

DSC_3075.JPG

DSC_3078.JPG

DSC_3132.JPG

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 5

Posted

First notable frost here this morning, although the car was frozen one morning a couple of weeks ago. 

Frost on the cars, roofs and grass. Car still frozen in the shade at 9.45am.

Heading up to Lochaber later and looks a stunning day for it. 

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 3

Posted

Oh, we're into Guinea Pig time, though I do prefer Capybara's myself.  Imagine your kid taking that to the schools show and tell

image.thumb.png.ddd99f6e5eafc07d9ced8917d61d0a19.png

Getting back to the weather.

Still not broken the frost duck for this autumn.  Very heavy dew everywhere but no ground frost and a overnight minimum of 1.9c; light winds.

Lovely sunny morning though with the usual skeins of geese heading North to feed along the Moray Coast (presumably).  Just an anecdotal observation but so far there have been more skeins this autumn, but much smaller in size, compared to previous years.

image.thumb.png.099433f75d704f37b8539471a6e04126.png

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 5

Posted

I remember Scotland being used as a guinea pig before, by that manky besom Thatcher, which didn't end well. In fact there was a bit of a stooshie. Can't find much to complain about here though. Except finding the place.

First frost day of the season with a low of -0.2⁰C at 06:53 now up to 2.8⁰C, humidity is 96%, wind 0 to 2mph southeasterly, pressure 1021.7hPa rising slowly, there’s been 0.2mm of rain today and 3.0mm in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is a big fat 0/8.

The map thing isn’t for me. I’m an undercover guinea pig. Talking of which, time to get up.

1088125495_15Oct211.thumb.jpg.ded07c10e798e8658b7471e8bfb12a8d.jpg

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
  • Like 5

Posted

"Manky" *snigger*

Late garden measurement in at 08:40 of -0.3C - hurrah, we're off!!

• Like 6

Posted
On 15/10/2021 at 10:08, Puffy MacCloud said:

Can't find much to complain about here though. Except finding the place.

Now you've joined, it'll always be at the top of the forum home page  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Greetings Earthlings! Well, it's very nippy now, temp got down to 2c overnight. Love it! A gorgeous day here, temp currently 6.4c. I din't think it'll be so cold tonight, but nevertheless, I've now got the leccy blanket oan the bed! Always a sure sign the winter is jist roond the corner. YEEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A ground frost here also today with cars needing scraped but not an air frost. Long sunny spells with just a few clouds pm. Currently 6C and partly cloudy.

• Like 5

Posted

Cool start at 6c but dull. Saw first whooper swans today a sure sign winter is getting closer.

• Like 2

Posted

Well this all looks interesting!

Overnight low of 2.7c (DP 0.6c) and thermometer now reading 4.6c and an overcast start to the day.  Can't believe we're now half way through October and my sycamore is still pretty much green as are a fair few other plants in the garden.  The only trees that seem to have begun to turn in my garden are my red maple and the silver birches which, to be fair, have been shedding leaves since August.  Normally, at this time of year, when I look at the hill across the other side of the Dee, I'd see a kaleidoscope of autumn colours but not so far.  What is going on with Mother Nature?

• Like 6

Posted
On 15/10/2021 at 11:10, Paul said:

Now you've joined, it'll always be at the top of the forum home page  

Oh right enough, there we are, just where we belong.

By yesterday lunchtime a cloud had billowed up, and it was slowly joined throughout the afternoon by little friends, but they did nothing to spoil a beautifully warm and sunny day. Could have been Spring or Summer. I went up to the farm to see the pigs off and agree cuts with the butcher, then spent a couple of delightful hours sitting out the back of the steading with the sun on my face and a hen on my knee.

Temperature currently at a high of 9.2⁰C up from a balmy low of 5.1⁰C at 07:18, humidity is 86%, wind 0 to 1mph southeasterly, pressure is 1016.7hPa steady, there’s been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is back to a solid 8/8.

15 Oct 21 2a.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Bit behind myself but not the best of pictures but if you squint you can see first dusting of snow on Ben Assynt yesterday morning also white topping on peaks NW of Loch Glascarnock. Touch of frost last couple of morning but nice in the sun today.

First snow 2021 Oct.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

The view from Tweeddale this afternoon with a 400m cloud base. Was at 0.5°C at 8am. Rain now coming on... 

PXL_20211016_143736853.jpg

PXL_20211016_151213338.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

Had been dry and cloudy all day but the rain has set in (getting used to finding the scottish thread group whatever you call it now)

• Like 3

Posted

Cloud broke up on Deeside today and it turned into a very useable day with a high of 12.6c though it felt warmer in the sun.. Most importantly, I got the grass cut for what I hope will be the last time and a load of laundry dried without resorting to the tumble drier which I think may become a modern day antique this winter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
On 16/10/2021 at 09:13, Sanserit said:

Well this all looks interesting!

Overnight low of 2.7c (DP 0.6c) and thermometer now reading 4.6c and an overcast start to the day.  Can't believe we're now half way through October and my sycamore is still pretty much green as are a fair few other plants in the garden.  The only trees that seem to have begun to turn in my garden are my red maple and the silver birches which, to be fair, have been shedding leaves since August.  Normally, at this time of year, when I look at the hill across the other side of the Dee, I'd see a kaleidoscope of autumn colours but not so far.  What is going on with Mother Nature?

I've seen it mentioned that it was the cold spring that done it. Everything a wee bit later with the old leaves and foliage this year.

• Like 1

Posted

What a miserable morning to wake up to!  I know, I know, the water tables probably need it, but still…  

Temperature reading 7.8c, up from an overnight low of 6.3c and so far, we’ve had 12.7mm of rain since midnight.

• Like 4