Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Testing a new community homepage layout

Paul

Community layout test  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new community homepage layout?

• Love it
    • Quite like it
    • Not fussed
    • Not a fan
    • Hate it

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/21 at 10:08

Posted

You may have spotted that the community homepage has changed to a gridded more graphical view. We're just testing this currently, so please let me know how you find it. It is optional, so if you want to change to the old version, just click the small icon near the top of the page as shown below. 

Screenshot 2021-10-01 12.05.28.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Looks nice.

Some will like it some will hate it,  and like with anything that involves change, most will have forgotten the old style in no time!

Also It would be fun if you could post a screenshot of how the forum looked when it first launched! 

Edited by Southern Storm
Spelling
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, Southern Storm said:

Looks nice.

Some will like it some will hate it,  and like with anything that involves change, most will have forgotten the old style in no time!

Also It would be fun if you could post a screenshot of how the forum looked when it first launched! 

Aye not ideal, the none weather pages filtering into 'recent post' area, just below data charts, before it was rightly just weather threads

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
23 hours ago, Paul said:

And another, from 2005. 

Screenshot 2021-10-01 13.51.39.png

Remember this, Paul.  With the incremental changes over the years I’d forgotten how formal it looked!
Love the high quality visuals of the new community homepage.  Just wondering, will the option to occasionally flick between it and previous version remain for a while if it’s adopted? 

• Like 1

Posted
On 02/10/2021 at 13:34, Soaring Hawk said:

Remember this, Paul.  With the incremental changes over the years I’d forgotten how formal it looked!
Love the high quality visuals of the new community homepage.  Just wondering, will the option to occasionally flick between it and previous version remain for a while if it’s adopted? 

Yep, they'll be permanent features, so there'll always be the option to change the view you use.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Not personally a fan - There's too many topics for it to really work imo, if there were 4-6 then it'd be okay, but just seems to make it harder to find things imo, even though I do like the overall look and design of it, functionally it feels worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, preferably thunderstorms, cold and bad weather.

I much prefer a text-based page. Lots of images reduces the information density and makes it harder for me to find things.

Posted

I'm not a fan of having forums in a thumbnail-y grid view, but I'm getting pretty old in this place now and might be stuck in my ways. 

Can't deny it looks good though. I just like to have a sort of ordered list of forums at my fingertips

Posted

Ahem - What has actually changed? All I can see is this section disappearing to the bottom instead of at the top of the home page. But your all pointing at some boxes. No i'm not pressing them don't want to break it lol! I like it "the old way" if there is a new way...

Posted
On 08/10/2021 at 14:37, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Ahem - What has actually changed? All I can see is this section disappearing to the bottom instead of at the top of the home page. But your all pointing at some boxes. No i'm not pressing them don't want to break it lol! I like it "the old way" if there is a new way...

The change is that the default option is now a gridded more graphical view, which can be changed by clicking those boxes in the screenshot (you can change back, so no need to worry about breaking it for yourself). 

Screenshot 2021-10-08 15.23.04 - Displayb.png

• Like 1