Jump to content
Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Folkestone, Kent 101ft/30m ASL
  • Location: Folkestone, Kent 101ft/30m ASL

    Up to 21c on the dot today, not bad with the wind yet again strengthened from the E/NE.

    After all these months of streaming NE’ly, I hope this continues into autumn and winter so we might take advantage of some snowy streamers.

    After the rubbish weather this summer ruined all my garden veg one way or another, I’m done with summer and looking forward to a snow watch or two 🌨

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    Posted
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
    1 hour ago, lottiekent said:

    Up to 21c on the dot today, not bad with the wind yet again strengthened from the E/NE.

    After all these months of streaming NE’ly, I hope this continues into autumn and winter so we might take advantage of some snowy streamers.

    After the rubbish weather this summer ruined all my garden veg one way or another, I’m done with summer and looking forward to a snow watch or two 🌨

    Agreed, veg has been more miss than hit this year, although a lot of my friends seem to have had a decent show. 

    Here:

    Asparagus - excellent

    Beans - rubbish

    Beetroot - good

    Cucumbers (indoor) - excellent

    Garlic - poor

    Tomatoes (indoor) - v good

    Tomatoes (outdoor) - rubbish

    Salads - OK

    Brassicas - rubbish

    Leeks - passable

    Squashes - mediocre (lack of rain)

    Herbs - very good

    Soft fruit - apples (non existent), currants (mediocre), raspberries (poor), blackberries (moderate). 

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: NW LONDON
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
  • Location: NW LONDON
    2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

    is it true there is a possibility of floating in the SE tomorrow

    Flooding not floating

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Surrey
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, more snow and even more snow..Oh and I love a good old Thunderstorm
  • Location: Surrey
    4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

    Flooding not floating

    Judging by this mornings radar returns yes..

     

    And a lot of head scratching going on a well as it seems the system and main bulk of the rain is way further east than forecast..  

    The arome back tracked its idea last night to something similar to what's showing on radar this morning..

    Edited by Surrey
    • Thanks 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Bethnal Green
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
  • Location: Bethnal Green

    Woken up to rain hammering on the window and the radar looks completely different to what the Met Office were forecasting just last night. 🤷🏻‍♂️

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk

    Rather gloomy and drizzly, just on the outer edge of the finger of rain which has made a minor incursion into the region. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex
  • Location: South Woodham Ferrers, Essex

    I'm kind of enjoying this gloomy morning. A bit annoyed that I'm just on the edge of some proper rain!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
    5 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

    I'm kind of enjoying this gloomy morning. A bit annoyed that I'm just on the edge of some proper rain!

    I was mid way through some serious slash and burn gardening yesterday but had to stop as the trailer was full.

    Most inconvenient, it should only rain at night!

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Shoeburyness, SE Essex
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
  • Location: Shoeburyness, SE Essex
    8 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

    Agreed, veg has been more miss than hit this year, although a lot of my friends seem to have had a decent show. 

    Here:

    Asparagus - excellent

    Beans - rubbish

    Beetroot - good

    Cucumbers (indoor) - excellent

    Garlic - poor

    Tomatoes (indoor) - v good

    Tomatoes (outdoor) - rubbish

    Salads - OK

    Brassicas - rubbish

    Leeks - passable

    Squashes - mediocre (lack of rain)

    Herbs - very good

    Soft fruit - apples (non existent), currants (mediocre), raspberries (poor), blackberries (moderate). 

    Tomatoes seem to be poor everywhere I read comments some people with hardlly any.

    Best for me were the yellow ones like sungold and gigantics but think worse I have had for years.

    All down to what... to much rain or not settled enough.

    Apples, cherries none,  plums loads, raspberries loads.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Shoeburyness, SE Essex
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
  • Location: Shoeburyness, SE Essex
    17 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

    I'm kind of enjoying this gloomy morning. A bit annoyed that I'm just on the edge of some proper rain!

    Well all we have here is enough to make everywhere damp.
    SO far missed all of the rain how is that possible 🙂

    Due south of you so that makes sense as its all going north/north east.

    • Like 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
    4 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

    Tomatoes seem to be poor everywhere I read comments some people with hardlly any.

    Best for me were the yellow ones like sungold and gigantics but think worse I have had for years.

    All down to what... to much rain or not settled enough.

    Apples, cherries none,  plums loads, raspberries loads.

    We're growing the basic Gardener's Delight and Moneymaker this year, probably a good choice as they've done very well in the greenhouse. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
    On 14/09/2021 at 09:11, seaside 60 said:

    Well all we have here is enough to make everywhere damp.
    SO far missed all of the rain how is that possible 🙂

    Due south of you so that makes sense as its all going north/north east.

    Sun popped out just for  little while to my east, looks bright that way ,looks like the black hole of calcutter to my west though 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: NW LONDON
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
  • Location: NW LONDON
    32 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

    Tomatoes seem to be poor everywhere I read comments some people with hardlly any.

    Best for me were the yellow ones like sungold and gigantics but think worse I have had for years.

    All down to what... to much rain or not settled enough.

    Apples, cherries none,  plums loads, raspberries loads.

    My garden was the best ever, especially green beans, courgettes, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes, melons on the other hand died in June lol. Whenever I grow melons well, the rest of the garden is a complete disaster.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Halesworth, Suffolk
  • Location: Halesworth, Suffolk

    Main bulk of the rain is west of us here and going northwards so missing us, but there is another band coming from the south, northwards across Kent area that looks to come over us here in the east in the next few hours. Whether it drops some heavy rain or just annoying drizzle, time will tell.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Welling/ Barbican by day
  • Location: Welling/ Barbican by day

    Impressive proper soupy muggy feel this morning. Hammeringbit down till about 8.30 and the sun broke through for a little while. Now overcast and waiting for next band lol

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Peterborough
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
  • Location: Peterborough

    It took until about half 8 to start raining in Huntingdon, but it has been steady and constant ever since.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Welwyn Garden City
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow
  • Location: Welwyn Garden City

    25mm has fallen so far in WGC from this wet spell. Looks like its going to be a no gardening day...🌧️🌧️

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Cambridge, UK
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
  • Location: Cambridge, UK

    ....and still the rain keeps falling. Over 5 hours of heavy and persistent rain now, and the rain gauge is currently at 36mm for the day. Could be up near 45-50mm by the time today is done! Wettest day for quite some time.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
    On 14/09/2021 at 13:07, Blazerblue said:

    So far not enough drizzle to make the ground wet. 

    Yep same here ,I've no rain gauge  but I have a divit, until it rains, then it transforms into a puddle ,I can transfere that info into ..lots ,average,not much at all,but i got a weak rainbow..thats enough excitement  for me today 

     

    16316361509391210291233663266702.jpg

    20210914_170654.jpg

    Edited by TN9
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
    4 hours ago, mb018538 said:

    ....and still the rain keeps falling. Over 5 hours of heavy and persistent rain now, and the rain gauge is currently at 36mm for the day. Could be up near 45-50mm by the time today is done! Wettest day for quite some time.

    You were definitely under the heavy bit!

    Don't think we've had enough to trouble the rain gauge but I'll check. At least the grass will be feeling a bit better.....

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
  • Location: Tonbridge,Kent
    On 14/09/2021 at 17:18, TN9 said:

    Yep same here ,I've no rain gauge  but I have a divit, until it rains, then it transforms into a puddle ,I can transfere that info into ..lots ,average,not much at all,but i got a weak rainbow..thats enough excitement  for me today 

     

    16316361509391210291233663266702.jpg

    20210914_170654.jpg

    And to be more precise ,upper cloud is (if you  can believe it )moving NW,cor blimey a SE sterly ,but ,don't wanna jump to soon.because surface wind is of corz.NE again 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Posted
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
  • Location: Garvestone, Norfolk

    Well, I'm shocked and stunned.

    12mm in the gauge, about 10mm more than I was expecting. Seems hours of drizzle can accumulate....😂

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...