Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

1st morning in a long time, where i've put a hoodie on lol, some heavy rain and strong winds as that squall line came through, summer is over. I've just seen a post on Facebook, from the Midlands storm chasing group, about a rapidly deepening dartboard low for sunday. Certainly looks very impressive, though a long way off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Woken at 6am by noise of high wind.    Max temperature today: 18C at 16:25.  Currently 13C

Humidity now 74%

Wind has now calmed to 6mph, average over 2 minutes = 5.6 and over 10 minutes = 5.3mph

Pressure: 1016.5hPa rising rapidly

3.6mm of rain has fallen today.  Max rain rate of 5.06 at 08:48

Weather highlight(s) of the day -  Dodged heavy shower for morning dog walk.  Big drop in temperature reminded me to book chimney sweep's annual visit!

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Typo

Posted
On 27/09/2021 at 21:34, Soaring Hawk said:

Woken at 6am by noise of high wind.    Max temperature today: 18C at 16:25.  Currently 13C

Humidity now 74%

Wind has now calmed to 6mph, average over 2 minutes = 5.6 and over 10 minutes = 5.3mph

Pressure: 1016.5hPa rising rapidly

3.6mm of rain has fallen today.  Max rain rate of 5.06 at 08:48

Weather highlight(s) of the day -  Dodged heavy shower for morning dog walk.  Big drop in temperature reminded me to book chimney sweep's annual visit!

week today ,got a feeling gfs has it consistent ,hope not ,not this early ,not with leaves not quite falling yet ,hope its not that intense and further north ,but its in the 144 frame ,so you have to half back it 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

Torrential downpour here in wgc. Looks like another one on the way re radar. Will i get any more gardening done this afternoon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Watched the rain approach us, got closer and closer, got darker, then the sun came out again, it bloomin jumped over us. 18c and sunny still.

Pathetic innit? Two more 'cool and unsettled' days have passed and still the ground is like concrete.. And I'm still working outdoors wearing a tank top! Autumnal it ain't!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Pathetic innit? Two more 'cool and unsettled' days have passed and still the ground is like concrete.. And I'm still working outdoors wearing a tank top! Autumnal it ain't!

I'm on the last day of my 3 week caravan touring trip and me and Mrs Blessed are stuck in the van in the Cotswolds whilst it absolutely p*ddles down outside - three hours solid so far. ?️ It's quite some band of rain, but will it be so potent by the time it reaches you Pete?

17.30: 1570344204_Radar28Sept17_30.thumb.jpg.15b56692a8865bfa4e7ae1c594f371c5.jpg

Alternatively, if this afternoon's GFS 12z forecast for Sat night/Sunday morning comes about it might finally bring autumn to the Costa del Beccles!

Animation:  animuzh5.gif

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Blessed Weather said:

I'm on the last day of my 3 week caravan touring trip and me and Mrs Blessed are stuck in the van in the Cotswolds whilst it absolutely p*ddles down outside - three hours solid so far. ?️ It's quite some band of rain, but will it be so potent by the time it reaches you Pete?

17.30: 1570344204_Radar28Sept17_30.thumb.jpg.15b56692a8865bfa4e7ae1c594f371c5.jpg

Alternatively, if this afternoon's GFS 12z forecast for Sat night/Sunday morning comes about it might finally bring autumn to the Costa del Beccles!

I guess that after months of dry, benign weather and umpteen failed severe weather warnings, I've become somewhat 'immunised'!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....
31 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

I WANT MORE RAIN ?️

So do I. I am the most irritable, tetchiest person in the world when we have long spells without rain. I haven't been on here for ages because the weather has been sooooo boring. Its good to be back !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
53 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Supposed to be camping down at Orsett for a two day dog show, but as it's still impossible to get diesel round here, I'll probably just go down to judge on the Saturday - at least the Mini is pretty full and only sips petrol. Can't be asked to put up windbreaks etc if the weather's going to be rough either...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
On 28/09/2021 at 20:28, lassie23 said:

Raining, cold windy, is it Christmas already:santa-emoji:

Sounds perfectly like christmas day

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Eagle Eye said:

Sounds perfectly like christmas day

Except for the 'cold'!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
On 28/09/2021 at 20:32, Ed Stone said:

Except for the 'cold'!:drunk-emoji:

Right 

15°c weather is the best when you want snow

• Like 1

Posted
On 28/09/2021 at 20:37, John Stevens said:

Some cracking lightning and thunder here in the Surrey Hills tonight…

Yeah it's not coming here is it not worth staying up tonight

Posted
4 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Some cracking lightning and thunder here in the Surrey Hills tonight…

Bugger all here in the Anglian Alps, as usual!:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

For those of you wanting rain, feel free to pop over! Hot drinks and towels will be provided.  A number of heavy, albeit short, downpours during the day.  My weather station has just reported "ITS RAINING CATS N DOGS" 

Maximum temperature here today 18C at 11:38.  Currently 14C

Humidity: 88%

Wind: SSW 12mph, average over two minutes 8.5 and over 10 minutes 7.0 mph

Pressure: 1009.7hPa falling slowly

There has been 10.0mm of rain today, with a max rain rate of 62.6 at 13:16.  

Weather highlight of the day -  our dog has just gone to the door, took one look at the latest downpour, turned around and put himself into his bed.  Yay! -  must admit, I didn't fancy a walk in the dark, rain and mud.  

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Reason for edit: New data in
  • Like 3

Posted

My lad is at the football down at Woking

Confirms the thunder and lightning

Edited by OddSpot
  • Like 1