Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Amber warning everyone, big rain incoming, just had our first flash and thunder!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer sunshine

Torrential rain with some thunder thrown in for good measure here in Redhill, very loud too! 

Posted
On 20/10/2021 at 14:57, Blazerblue said:

Frustrating isnt it! 

But, if one  looks for positives in it all, in a rapidly changing climate, hostile atmospheric conditions ,us here ,our patch as such, stays the the same , i. e.  nothing happens .its like in a  lull ..but no storm ,we always seem to be stuck in the lull (bar the heavy rain forecast, seems we have a  5 week dry spell. Three days torrential rain ,instead of little and often ,perhaps the weather is short on drivers as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Started raining here just gone 8 in locksbottom and hammering down here now!!looks like another 4-6 hours of heavy rain likely here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Torrential rain. It does sound lovely, I must say!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Thurrock, Southend and Essex have all received an amber warning for rain starting from 9pm ending at 2 am.  I do not remember ever having an amber warning for rain in Thurrock as this is the first time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
On 20/10/2021 at 14:54, Eagle Eye said:

Seems to happen a lot to me as well

Yep, missed me again today, couple flashes though 1 or 2 rumbles of thunder 

Posted

We had around just over an hour of heavy rain here on the coast and it's stopped now - heading northwards! Now the wind has really increased,,,

Total rain today since midnight - 24mm.

• Like 1

Posted

Had near miss of thunder. According to the blitzortung  lightning map that I saw, nearest strike was about 9km to SE. I did not see any lightning as I looked out at the wrong time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

No thunder here, although Dr SH heard a rumble at his surgery (north west of Bedford) just before 2pm - one rumble and then the sun came out.  Our heaviest rain was at 5am (woke me up) and a total of 18.4mm has fallen since midnight.  Max temperature 18c at 13:04, currently 12c with 89% humidity.  Blustery wind all day until 5pm, now 0mph.  Pressure has dropped like a stone to 988.3hPa and still falling rapidly - my ears hurt!  After a decent afternoon of sun and cloud. it was still clear enough to be treated to the fat beautiful moon hanging above the horizon, as though all spruced up and about to go out on the razz. 

Later though the minute the evening dog walk started the heavens opened.  Heavy rain atm, although nothing like the south of the region is getting. 

Hope no-one further south gets flooded tonight, nor has to drive in your torrential downpours.  

** In the short time its taken to type this I've had to edit today's rainfall total from 17 to 18.4mm and pressure from 991.6 to 988.3hPa, no wonder my ears hurt.  

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Just noticed this system 

Screenshot_20211020_215646.jpg

This is much further north than was shown on 6pm forecast and explains the unexpected heavy rain here.  Weather station keeps reporting 'its raining cats and dogs'  Pressure now 987.8hPa and still falling rapidly.  Was off to my bed but might stay awake just to watch the pressure falling; its fascinating.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Incredibly heavy rain here...just seen the 12z on the ecm - practically the same as the 0z right through the run!! and more locked in warmth after the next few days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Our poor neighbours, flooded again…. Just like a river down from the fields. Fire brigade now here to help. Such intense rainfall

A87F42F1-4C1D-4AB2-9240-3FEA54E50EB6.jpeg