Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Good morning, 10c here, enough breaks in the cloud to allow intermittent sun. Mist along the river not yet fully dissipated. A very pleasant start to the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Another beautiful day with blue skies, currently 17c and feels quite warm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Read this today in my local newspaper!!A5A93B5A-9C0F-4EC4-B665-5EF5FC9152D1.thumb.jpeg.53b71ee2b7e89b0b1a9a0edf80df681b.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Freeze said:

Another beautiful day with blue skies, currently 17c and feels quite warm.

Make the  most of it, wish we had that instead of the cloudy, dull 14c. 

• Like 1

Posted

Clouded over a bit now but still managed 18c not bad at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Got the garden ready for when the beast from the east visits, hopefully it won't be in smarch like usual

• Like 2

Posted

Another mild start at 11c with a very light drizzle wafting around in the breeze, not enough to worry about though, come on sun make an appearance today pretty please  

Posted

Yes mild start no lower than 11c here. Bright but cloud may invade later as the weak front moves south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Was overcast as I got up at 9:45am and thought it might be one of those days, but just looking at the comments now about the cloud breaking up and just looked out my window and see the cloud breaking up with blue skies coming through, its as if by magic it appeared as I'm browsing this thread 

Posted

Today has been a perfect Autumn day.  Sunny, crisp and warm with a refreshing slight breeze.  Had a long walk in Tunstall forest and with low humidity the light was clear and sharp, making the colours particularly vibrant.  The trees are still surprisingly green and although the forest smells autumnal, the colours in the sun seemed more springlike than expected.  F0738463-EA77-49AD-8F18-AAB80D1E7056.thumb.jpeg.2467e86ad218cd8896fa11a5aa208831.jpeg

0E7BF902-F456-4EE1-9BC3-11A14D4C6CB9.thumb.jpeg.c9b3c3692a0fc36b60c5ec114bd59112.jpeg

Then to Orford for lunch and afterwards the most expensive 5 minutes I’ve ever indulged in at the Pump Street chocolate shop  and an afternoon walk down to the quay and around the quieter lanes.  8D2E9BEC-4225-4E35-833A-785D8E0EC494.thumb.jpeg.6386064a4fd88d8d7f4ab6444a163e01.jpeg

Currently 11c, although feeling warmer. Wind, NNE and 6 mph. Humidity 67%. Some cloud built up around 5:30, although well broken so expecting a chilly night.  Got to go home tomorrow unfortunately but weather wise it’s been mostly sunny, warm and dry these last few days and have been out all day, every day in the fresh air - a magical pause from the crazy pressure of working in the NHS, as we ramp up for another difficult winter. 

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 3

Posted

Terrible news from my area with the sad and tragic news of Sir David Amess MP, being brutally stabbed to death earlier today. What an awful world we live in. RIP Sir David and condolences to his family especially his Wife and 5 Children.

• Like 2

Posted

Chilly start at 5c this morning, bit cloudy still but the sun might still show itself as the day goes on, hope so anyway. Feelin a tad yuk, caught my sons cold, so could do with it not being too cold for dog walks for the next few days, nothing worse than feeling yuk and walking in cold and damp conditions, or worse pouring rain! 

Posted
51 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Chilly start at 5c this morning, bit cloudy still but the sun might still show itself as the day goes on, hope so anyway. Feelin a tad yuk, caught my sons cold, so could do with it not being too cold for dog walks for the next few days, nothing worse than feeling yuk and walking in cold and damp conditions, or worse pouring rain! 

Sorry that you’ve caught your son’s cold BB, hope you aren’t going to feel too unwell with it - if so, could other family members help out with dog walking?  Best of luck!  High numbers of work colleagues have started picking up the cold virus from their school age children and claiming it’s the worst cold they’ve ever had (but testing -ve for Covid); there are a lot of front line staff off sick with colds atm, partly because they feel really213212 and/or not wanting to pass on to patients.  It’s creating operational pressures in some areas.

• Like 1

Posted

Down to 5c here overnight. Currently 8c. It’s become more cloudy since sunrise although the sun is breaking through at times.  A calm morning with 4mph from a SW direction, although damp out earlier on the dog walk. Humidity at 82% Pressure 1022hPa.  I caught the start of the sunrise and took some photos as it developed (memories of the luxury of having time to notice and appreciate).  
1C8F281A-E857-433A-B168-0FD84A4E6D5E.thumb.jpeg.66f9fbd610076748be6664860a514d49.jpeg    42C2F2D8-CB76-43D6-9E9C-0F3C277D63B3.thumb.jpeg.c7bab2f4371c2618e718428b8c1587c5.jpeg

Spot the deer as it shot across the garden boundary and a couple quietly grazing before they noticed it and vanished into the trees. 

33E6BCA7-5EAC-4688-980D-8E8E48EB7E57.thumb.jpeg.a343680aae390d03490eb0efdcff627d.jpeg   994AF7FC-D3ED-463B-9259-35BA132730EB.thumb.jpeg.d4a6ad5cbc0b5236aec9543c3428c686.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Sorry that you’ve caught your son’s cold BB, hope you aren’t going to feel too unwell with it - if so, could other family members help out with dog walking?  Best of luck!  High numbers of work colleagues have started picking up the cold virus from their school age children and claiming it’s the worst cold they’ve ever had (but testing -ve for Covid); there are a lot of front line staff off sick with colds atm, partly because they feel really213212 and/or not wanting to pass on to patients.  It’s creating operational pressures in some areas.

It feels just like a head cold, he came down with a sore throat that turned into a nasty cough nearly 2 weeks ago now, neg covid test, so its just a normal turning colder weather type cold, nothing serious thankfully.

Its gotten cloudier since early morning too, signs of rain slowly slipping southwards, so should miss us here, washing out but not sure its got much hope of drying today. temp up to 10c currenly,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Damp miserable morning with patchy rain, but the sun has just broken through and the satellite image suggests most of us should see some sunshine over the next few hours. Temperatures struggling today after a chilly start - it's just crept above 13C here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Morning all, anyone know of any way, that I can get an accurate answer, as to my elevation. I've just tried, using my phone's location, and it's displayed that im 110m asl, which is a lot higher than the 70m I originally was led to believe. Hope everyone is good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Went to a new place called Stodmarsh nature reserve near Canterbury yesterday and although the weather could be better, it wasn't that cold with the overcast skies as there was very little wind. Manage to get a few nice images but really like the sunset one the most

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, snowrye said:

Morning all, anyone know of any way, that I can get an accurate answer, as to my elevation. I've just tried, using my phone's location, and it's displayed that im 110m asl, which is a lot higher than the 70m I originally was led to believe. Hope everyone is good

This site has Northiam as 47m ASL snowrye. https://elevation.maplogs.com/poi/northiam_rye_tn31_uk.106880.html

Posted

Boring morning's weather again. Grey sky and hardly a breathe of wind. As a matter of interest I compared the fax chart forecast with the European satellite image from this morning and I've marked up a few interesting features. In particular the back edge of the cold front currently making its way eastwards across the Region. Once that clears we should see some hazy sunshine breaking out with maybe some clear blue sky along the South Coast if Arpege is correct. Here's the satellite at 08.55 and then Arpege Cloud Cover for 13.00 nicely picking out the front continuing to clear east:

1438206307_Satellite17Oct08_55.thumb.jpg.ab8df3db5a172f3306869bd400ac53b3.jpg1004948449_ArpegeCloud17Oct13_00.thumb.png.4b4a1937bbb38df700cb4002aac11599.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados
6 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

This site has Northiam as 47m ASL snowrye. https://elevation.maplogs.com/poi/northiam_rye_tn31_uk.106880.html

Im at the top of a hill, when I tap the postcode it's around 70m, 1st time i've ever used the phone location, and it came up with 110m, be nice to get an accurate reading