Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Some seriously heavy showers this morning, sun is shining now though, 14.2c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Spot where the trough shown on the 06.00 fax chart is now located!

Fax chart 06.00: 1120803521_Faxchart04Oct06_00.thumb.gif.8043ebf8f379877c474e1b51db5abede.gif Radar 11.15: 815593174_Radar04Oct11_15.thumb.jpg.a44dfb0d27821bc32753e241f9b57718.jpg

Meanwhile, up here in Suffolk a beautiful morning, although a tad breezy.

• Like 2

Posted

A couple of flashes of lightning and rumbles of thunder around 3.30 this morning after heavy rain.

• Like 2

Posted

The high resolution models suggesting a very wet day overnight and into tomorrow (Tues 5th). Many places seeing more than an inch (25mm) of rain, maybe considerably more in the west of the Region. Personally I find the measurement scales/colours of the different models very difficult to interpret. But hey ho, they all point the same way - it's going to be a soggy 24 hours! Here's the rainfall accumulation forecasts up to 04.00 Weds morning:

Arome: 325105011_AromePrecipaccum05Oct.thumb.png.5fd99a5670b8371e3b6a8d226b712d0c.png Euro4: 404097154_Euro4precipaccum05Oct.thumb.png.92ff6f3df92433aab4c19074e43fb445.png

Source: https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Not sure but I think I've seen couple flashes of lightning off in the distance 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

The rain has eased off but there are still some rumbles of thunder. I've been away for a couple off days and this has been the best homecoming !

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, storm moving along the East Sussex/Kent coastline:

20.10: 396250303_Radar04Oct20_10.thumb.jpg.52f6ed017327b2d19c8c63f5c0cafc6a.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
On 04/10/2021 at 20:58, Eagle Eye said:

Got some decent photos

image.thumb.png.c1e70114325f42cac93bf1f41a679f15.pngimage.thumb.png.d205740972110916219fa04c4158b92e.png

just flickers to me here ,if i really can see it,eyes play tricks with wishful thinking ,just a little too far away i think ,as always

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Woken by wind hurling rain at the bedroom window just before 5am and, insultingly, 20 minutes before the anti-social alarm goes off. Wind of 20mph at 04:57 and 2mm of rain fell by 05:30.  No further rain  has fallen today.

Remainder of the day has been sunny and breezy, more so between 11:30 and 13:00.  Max temperature 17C at 14:01.  Currently 12C, humidity is 88%

Wind: currently between 3 and 6 mph with 2 minutes average 3.7 and average over 10 minutes being 3.9mph.  This now familiar calmer evening pattern follows 20mph as reported above and 22mph at 12 noon.

Pressure: 1005.8hPa falling slowly.  

Today's weather highlight  - after the rude pre-alarm awakening, the weather cut some slack and remained sunny and breezy enough to dry the driveway for the log delivery to be tipped onto a dry surface, sorted with the larger ones chopped into optimal size and neatly stacked in both Trumps.  Bring on the rain now *she says smugly but slightly crippled from barrowing and stacking logs into the log stores*

If anyone bothers reading this and wonders at reference to Trumps, its because when we put up the first log store soon after moving here, I diligently painted it with what was supposed to be a weather resistant 'light blond oak' coloured protection.  Unfortunately it dried as the same lurid orange colour as the hair of that charming and self proclaimed Best President Ever, Best President ever in the entire history of ......  It's been known as Trump One ever since.  You'll have guessed what the second one was christened 

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Feeble attempt at making sense...
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Not posted for a while, I hope all London, SE & East Anglia members are ok, this time of year can be challenging for some as the nights draw in and daylight becomes increasingly  scarce. I hope we can have some settled, cold, foggy then sunny days as the autumn season leads in to winter. Managed to get a snap of a lovely rainbow on the 1066 path between Icklesham and Winchelsea today. If members enjoy walking and local to East Sussex the 1066 path has undergone a bit of  upgrading with some lovely wooden sculptures and information boards along the 31 mile route from Pevensey to Rye, well worth a look.

8C33CE38-BBCC-480A-B3FC-707BE7EDBE53.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 hours ago, Hurricane Debby said:

Just had the loudest clap of thunder out of no where which I was not expecting !

I was caught unawares as well, I thought it was a lorry rumbling by until my husband confirmed it was definitely thunder!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Absolutely torrential rain and some gusty winds here, since about 5 or so.  Can't quite understand why there is no Met Office weather warning for this area? Have seen them issued for less. Concerned for minor floods, I expect to see gardens and driveways to be under water once it gets light.

EDIT: have just seen TORRO warning. Still heavy rain, wind gone and completely still

Edited by cloudsabove

Posted

Absolutely torrential rain here this morning, dog walk was grim and very short, all soaked through after 30 seconds. Making up for the rainfall we havent had for a few months,

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just checked the BBC app thingy: aye, 'light rain showers'!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Absolutely biblical rain last night. Woken up 3 times by the roar. Thought at one point it was a low flying jet!

Posted

It sounded like the monsoon season had arrived here this morning! It'll be interesting to see the rainfall totals later.

Radar 05.40: 483432004_Radar05Oct05_40.thumb.jpg.bd6996703d0df9f5feadcb8bad92573d.jpg 08.10: 1440624609_Radar05Oct08_10.thumb.jpg.205f9085538124ddb4ca71a875ec075d.jpg

• Like 1