Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

High of 23c with a nice breeze again today, make the most of it as next week we might get some actual rain!! Give it a month and we'll be flooded out again lol

Expect you will be proved again correct BB!  
Felt exceptionally warm on this evening’s dog walk.  Today’s max temperature here was 25C at 16:37,  currently 19C which is rather nice for this stage of September. Humidity is 79%. Wind SSW at 2 mph, average over 2 minutes 2.2 and 2.6 mph over 10 minutes.  Pressure 1014.3hPa, rising slowly.

Off to Norwich tomorrow for the weekend, wonder if there will be an improvement on this month’s local torpid wind effort in that fine city? 

Weather highlight of the day, erm it fell on a Friday.  Which means that, now I’ve finished work and done my weather update, it’s given me wine time

Rather like our benevolent and generous weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

really still air here, i'm going to Dorset today for a few days and when I woke up and saw the "dime" light through my blinders, I knew it wasn't sunny anymore so I expected it to be cold when I opened the window but it isn't really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Got a football match, so here's what I've got in the morning's over the past week

IMG_20210922_074113.jpg

IMG_20210922_074118.jpg

IMG_20210922_074219.jpg

IMG_20210924_074245.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Am back in the region after being recalled back to work after 1.5 years on furlough lol. Arrived to a beautiful day yesterday, sunny and warm ☀️ Today is still warm but gloomy here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

This little chap is enjoying a sleep in the glorious warm sunshine! 

FD912E19-4542-4531-9349-08BF752E6D61.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

People queuing for petrol and constantly peeping each other, it was driving me nuts. Weather wise, September is proving quite decent.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm only coming indoors to eat, shower and sleep!

16 trees from the Woodland Trust to plant tomorrow, luckily they're only little chaps! Could be our last day of "extra summer" for a week or so.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Is there anything worse than the whole forecast for the following day changing overnight? Went to bed happy last night with the forecast for where i am saying sunny spells all day and i wake up this morning to it now saying overcast all day. I was hoping to get one last day out enjoying the sun on my day off work but unfortunately now, all i have to look at is a blanket of ugly, depressing, gloomy, boring grey rubbish. Absolutely gutted. To get it so wrong in the space of 8 hours is utterly shocking. Contemplating never looking at a weather forecast ever again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The cold front crossing the Region tomorrow (Mon) looks set to pack a squally punch. Be warned if you're planning to be outdoors - it's looking an inside out umbrella scenario! Charts for 12 noon:

Arpege gusts: 2125172888_ArpegeGusts27Sept12_00.thumb.png.c08735e57ad4f3741161ae8caa44454b.png Arome rainfall: 1253967960_AromePrecip27Sept12_00.thumb.png.b28a80fa75c50a98260fcad22dba419d.png

• Like 2

Posted
On 26/09/2021 at 10:00, SunSean said:

Is there anything worse than the whole forecast for the following day changing overnight? Went to bed happy last night with the forecast for where i am saying sunny spells all day and i wake up this morning to it now saying overcast all day. I was hoping to get one last day out enjoying the sun on my day off work but unfortunately now, all i have to look at is a blanket of ugly, depressing, gloomy, boring grey rubbish. Absolutely gutted. To get it so wrong in the space of 8 hours is utterly shocking. Contemplating never looking at a weather forecast ever again.

i know what your saying but...you jumped head first into the sunny forecast, you should have gone outside ,took a  look about .took in statistical info of your locale ,terrain, etc thought what usually happens ,then sub consciously take forecast  with a pinch of salt  

Edited by TN9

Posted
5 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

The cold front crossing the Region tomorrow (Mon) looks set to pack a squally punch. Be warned if you're planning to be outdoors - it's looking an inside out umbrella scenario! Charts for 12 noon:

Arpege gusts: 2125172888_ArpegeGusts27Sept12_00.thumb.png.c08735e57ad4f3741161ae8caa44454b.png Arome rainfall: 1253967960_AromePrecip27Sept12_00.thumb.png.b28a80fa75c50a98260fcad22dba419d.png

Eek I am on a golf course at that time tomorrow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
8 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

Eek I am on a golf course at that time tomorrow 

Timing will be everything Jimmy. This morning's forecasts suggest the cold front will have cleared the Region by around 13.00, so you might be lucky? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Went to bed in Summer  - woke up in Autumn. Took the car for an MOT this morning - luckily booked it for 10am so missed the rain but really noticed the amount of autumn leaves on the road after the deluge. I think we can probably say Summer is over even though it is rather pleasant but breezy out

Posted

Really pleasant after the rain passed through earlier this morning. Just hope and pray that in the weeks to come, we won't have major problems as a result of flooding, and reports of record rainfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Had to wear long trousers today, I'm fuming. 

A few minutes of gusty winds and rain late morning, all for the princely return of 1mm.

Discustard of Garvestone