Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Nothing, nada, not a drop.  On the plus side all the gardening and lawn mowing rushed through yesterday has resulted in more time to experiment with new recipes.

Max temperature today 19C at 14:57 currently 16C 

Humidity: 85%

Wind: NW 0mph average over last 2 minutes 0.0 and over 10 minutes 0.0mph - weather station serviced yesterday so I am tentatively beginning to trust the evening drop to 0pmh over the last week.

Pressure: 1015.8hPa rising slowly

Highlight of the day - eating outside again this evening and then going down to the bottom half of the garden to drink a cup of tea in the late sun and watch the sun set.

• Like 1

Posted

This evening's sky.  Hanging over the back fence, then a bit later nearer the house

Sunset 19.09.2021.jpg

Sunset 2 19.09.2021.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
On 19/09/2021 at 20:31, Norfolk Sheep said:

In the absence of any exciting weather, I'm watching the live feed from Cumbre Vieja...

I know the feeling NS,I start looking at things.i shouldn't (not rude )hurricanes and flooding and fires and volcanoes like yourself ,staring at live cams see if you can see lightning ,nothing ,I mean nothing has happened for seems like ages ,I'm gonna bet...we gave zonal sw winds all winter same as ne winds all summer ,lousiana person has had couple of landfalling hurricanes ,couple tropical storms ,umpteen thunderstorms ,lost roof few times ,flooded basement lost power for weeks on end ,come my friend to kent ,coz nothing happens ,wouldn't believe it would he

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Standard Autumn fayre in Medway.

Nice to feel a chill in the air this morning I must say

Posted

No sun at all today, although felt pleasant between the 6am and recent evening dog walks. which did both require a light jacket (and a torch!  ).  Today's max recorded here was 21C at 14:37.  Currently 14C

Humidity currently 86%

Wind: ESE 0 mph.  Average over 2 minutes... another 0.0mph 

Pressure: 1026.6hPa slowly rising

Highlight of the day; watching @Norfolk Sheep  live feed from Cumbre Vieja

This on-going evening pattern of zero wind is puzzling as MetO app says 4mph for this area.  Photo of weather station attached showing there has been light wind today - any ideas anyone?  Could it be the shelter from the neighbouring trees and dense brambleberry hedgerow circa 6 foot high that's affecting the reading?  Grateful for the experts' comments thanks  

2021.09.20 Weather station wind stat.jpg

Posted

Thought it felt cold on this morning's dog walk, checked on return and found it was 8C here at 06:30.  Felt very autumnal.  Sun's out now and a glorious morning  

Posted

After the cool start it got to a max of 22C at 14:40, was aware it was sunny but didn't get a break to go out to feel the warmth unfortunately.  Currently 13C

Humidity currently 84%

Wind: West at 0mph, average over two minutes...0.0 again. 

Pressure: 1030.1 steady

Highlight of the day... it certainly looked nice out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Can't get enough of this weather, so few days this year when we haven't been buried under a blanket of thick cloud while the rest of the country was either basking in sunshine or enjoying storms. 

• Like 1

Posted
On 20/09/2021 at 12:18, throwoff said:

Standard Autumn fayre in Medway.

Nice to feel a chill in the air this morning I must say

standard?.im just down the road and had no proper  rain ..err.4 weeks, maybe more ...imby ish i know ,and we have missed a load ,but dry is understatement (don't know how dry can be an understatement )lol ,this, in leymans terms(well worse) in summer we rely on ,plumes ,hot plumes to give us excitement, some thing to talk about ,cor its hot ,or storms ,so, thats 1. say,2 is late summer tropical activity thats hit the mid latitude   fan ,but most of time we have had  a elongated  high pressure either stretched out NE -SW ,or there abouts ,go back to plumes ,now when it did falter, we had a low over Iceland who is like a batsman, plume the ball, bosh or wide ,wide it doesn't get further than us and runs up west or at most midlands or east Anglia, bosh it and the storms plume mcs s,get batted off east of us ,but what really does me is ,the bat(cold front )has no rain on it either , caught between devil and north sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I wonder if the met office have issued their winter forecast yet, my guess is it will go something like this, winter 2021/2022 is expected the be a mild, dry, wet, cold, snowy, rainy, drizzly, foggy, frosty, sunny, windy, calm, affair with regular outbreaks of weather. I have a feeling they are going to be spot on this year.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi again all. Hope everyone is keeping well. It’s getting towards that time again where I come out of hibernation searching for some autumn storms and then the all important snow…

Looking forward to catching up with you guys soon. ❄️

Posted

I'm rapidly running out of gardening jobs thanks to this fabulous weather!

Most of what's left requires the attention of our tame tree surgeon. Can't do any fence repairs as the ground is like concrete....

Posted
On 22/09/2021 at 19:47, Norfolk Sheep said:

I'm rapidly running out of gardening jobs thanks to this fabulous weather!

Most of what's left requires the attention of our tame tree surgeon. Can't do any fence repairs as the ground is like concrete....

Good lightning on this cam.now ...get ya fix ..

Posted

Good evening after a beautiful sunny day for the Autumn Equinox.  Today's max temperature here was 21C at 15:30.  Currently 14C

Humidity currently 81%

Wind: SW 3 mph, average speed over two minutes 3.4.  Over 10 minutes 3.6 mph.  Yay, we have a break from the evening zero readings since 5th September - so the anemometer is working!

Pressure: 1023.2 falling slowly

0.2mm of rain fell at 05:30 which is the only rainfall registered in the last week.  

Highlight of the day;  the pre-dawn stunning bright, fat moon hanging over our back garden, then en-route to working from another site, the drive soon after sunrise with an autumnal mist softening the outlines of sunlit woodland and outline of Barton Hills.  Beautiful start to my favourite season. 

Posted
2 hours ago, TN9 said:

Good lightning on this cam.now ...get ya fix ..

webcam_menorca_port_de_mao.jpg
BALTICLIVECAM.COM

Port of Mahon webcam, is a natural and quite unique bay. It is located in a rather unusual place: in the very center of the city of Mahon.

Nice light show in Menorca now!

Posted

Big fat bright moon rising over the house tonight after another amazing very warm and sunny day.  Pity August wasn't more like the last couple of days...

Max temperature here today was 23C at 15:12. currently 14C

Humidity: currently 84%

Wind: what little there was dithered between SW, WSW, W, WNW and NW - currently 0pmh and has been for a couple of hours - clearing decided to work to rule today before voting to walk out. 

Pressure: 1018.2hPa steady

No rain in last 24 hours.  

Highlight of today; clear sky, warm sun all day, a crisp evening with the delicious smell of a bonfire as I walked my darling dog to the village hall to vote for the new Neighbourhood Plan (he's a very democratically minded youngster)