Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A great opportunity for another round of embedded 'phantom' thunderstorms, perhaps, BB?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

What a lovely morning in the Surrey Hills breezy clear skies and a warm 19c !

Edited by Badgers01

Posted
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Was another foggy/misty morning early on, but suns burned that off and currently 18c, barely any breeze today too.

Edit, another weather warning for rain tomorrow from 12pm til midnight, so I expect it to be dry all day then  

Bb I hope it is I am golfing tomorrow around lunchtime so would appreciate 5 hours of dryness lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

A stunning warm blue skies sunny day today. Hot enough for the sunbathers to be out in their bikinis and for the few brave some sea splashing going on. sweaty and humid inland but sat here on the beach under a groyne the sea breeze makes it perfect. Watching some interesting clouds forming over the sea. 17% storm chance. Hope it develops

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

Video won’t upload, so here’s a still 

6D5AD0D1-EDF6-412F-9F88-D80458BD45AD.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Another fab day, gardening continues (plenty of time to do cleaning between November and April!) 

Must be on my 10th 8x4 trailer load of garden rubbish by now.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

After a clear night and morning it got warm very quickly today, weather station recorded maximum of 25C at 14:46.  Current temp is 19C  Some cloud build up from 4ish this afternoon with a much appreciated light breeze but again cleared for a lovely evening.  

Humidity: Currently 70%

Wind:  has shifted to a NNE direction and 0mph.  Average speed over 2 minutes = 0.2mph following a similar pattern for more than a week now.

Pressure: 1013.2hPa holding steady

Highlight of the day - got a lot of gardening done and warm enough to sit outside in short sleeves to eat again this evening.   Forecast for tomorrow looks miserable - although, despite the deluge the other day, the garden could do with some - just some mind; not the entirety of the forecast thank you very much. 

• Like 1

Posted
CONVECTIVEWEATHER.CO.UK

Forecasting thunderstorms and severe convective weather across the British Isles and Ireland for up to the next 5 days.

Marginal for me at best.

Hey ho, on with the gardening and a spot of washing!

• Like 1

Posted
On 18/09/2021 at 19:41, andymcpool said:

A little bit later in Battersea

26DCFF34-535C-4680-99F4-3920926333EE.jpeg

Some one ,has whipped the sun away ,(bloody  aliens that is ,right before your eyes :-)) 

Been beautiful few days here ,early fog.,but its the time of year ,but dry as bone ,which brings me to ..I know pressure is rising either side of front ,but things to south of us because of low (dissipating) waS over biscay should be relatively moist air ish,France was awash with showers ,the front coming into our region had some good looking showers developing ahead of it ,in channel of all places ,sst what 16 17 c, we now up to 17 here but they are dying out ,question ,why ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There has been steady rain for the last hour. Not looking overly conductive for generating heavy showers later.

Posted

Very bright orange sun first thing this morning, which has led to a sunny morning with temps up to 21c so far, rain is way out west so far, wondering if/when it will reach us here in the east 

Posted

Crikey the rain here right now is extraordinary. About half an hour of the heaviest rain I've seen all year at least. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be stalling, so hopefully no repeat of the flooding issues from a month or so ago.

Posted

Bit of a scramble to clear garden detritus, gather up tools and rip (thankfully dry) washing off the line, whilst muttering "oh come on, another 15 minutes would help!"

However, one rumble of thunder does not a thunderstorm make....

Currently light rain, very good for the grass. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Where's the beautiful sunshine gone lol, been a stunning few days here, but boy, do we need some rain. Sad day today, with the great jimmy greaves passing, and then the great john challis, aka boycie,. Enjoy the rest of the day people.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Absolute zip here...no heavy rain or thunderstorms (again, thinking of last week) been bright with hazy sunshine to now. Another bust for BBC!

Posted
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Still no rain here, still sunshine but can see the clouds to the west, but still long way to get here and they dont seem to be moving very quickly.

The Haverhill area looks to have had a bit of a storm, pretty much stationary.

Posted
On 19/09/2021 at 14:57, snowrye said:

Where's the beautiful sunshine gone lol, been a stunning few days here, but boy, do we need some rain. Sad day today, with the great jimmy greaves passing, and then the great john challis, aka boycie,. Enjoy the rest of the day people.

Writing was on the wall  marleeeen,writing was on the wall,could tell that this morning ,but..every cloud has silver lining ,if no rain ,SE tom ,can you give me odds on wildfire before rain please ,got to be.good odds now ,all the best mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

None of the heavy rain forecast arrived but had some deep rumbles of thunder for half hour or so.

Posted
1 hour ago, Jimmyh said:

I often ask this. Did it warrant a yellow. Nothing seems to have suggested it yet to me. 

For the area that has the rain, maybe, its been sat in the same place for hours, but to the east here of the rain band not a single drop of rain and doesnt look like it will reach here at all.  Same area that had the deluge the other day has had it again by the look of it.