Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted

Had about 20 mins of heavy rain around 4pm, then drizzle on/off since, not enough to make puddles, but the grass is wet, definitely didnt warrant being in the warning zone today, although west of us must have had a real good soaking.

• Like 1

Posted
On 14/09/2021 at 18:31, Norfolk Sheep said:

Well, I'm shocked and stunned.

12mm in the gauge, about 10mm more than I was expecting. Seems hours of drizzle can accumulate....

Well two things have happened here.,1 sun has popped out ,this time to my west.unlike this morning when I caught a glimmer to my east ,rain (being so dry on ground ) well its a drop in the ocean so to speak ,but the biggest surprise..wait for it...wind is west north Westley..can't believe it ...

16316414179954018706024050788875.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
9 minutes ago, TN9 said:

Well two things have happened here.,1 sun has popped out ,this time to my west.unlike this morning when I caught a glimmer to my east ,rain (being so dry on ground ) well its a drop in the ocean so to speak ,but the biggest surprise..wait for it...wind is west north Westley..can't believe it ...

16316414179954018706024050788875.jpg

Sky is a dirty yellowy grey colour here, assume down to the setting sun somewhere behind the foggy muck!

Neighbour's flag is hanging limply....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Shocked at how little rain there was here.

Was expecting a good mm or two not 0.1. 

0.4 mm so far for the monthly total, makes you wonder how much rain is going to fall for the rest of this month since high pressure seems to be king.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Wettest day here for 7 years. Nearly a months worth, and some unofficial stations have recorded even more. 

Posted
On 14/09/2021 at 19:00, Norfolk Sheep said:

Sky is a dirty yellowy grey colour here, assume down to the setting sun somewhere behind the foggy muck!

Neighbour's flag is hanging limply....

Clear here now,it was imby a non discript day  but as  they say  ,things are blessed ,not much rain ,but N  N Westerly.how long for i don't know 

16316459500557213341853348595707.jpg

Posted
On 14/09/2021 at 19:25, mb018538 said:

Wettest day here for 7 years. Nearly a months worth, and some unofficial stations have recorded even more. 

You wouldn't believe couple degrees to the east next too nothing 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
2 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Heard weather forecast on Radio 4 just before 6pm referring to some parts of East Anglia receiving 60mm of rain today.  Am very surprised looking at the Cambridge totals that my weather station only recorded 19.4mm today because it rained from just after 7am for most of the day, varying from shocking Amazonian torrential (by which I mean my experience of the daily afternoon deluges in the rain forest near Manaus) to heavy constant rain, via downright pishing it down.  Worked from home today in my east facing office and confess to putting on fluffy bedsocks to support the very smart top half outfit (the best part of MS Teams meetings  ) and increasing radiator setting to 22.5C - it was freezing being surgically attached to the computer without moving for hours. 

Max temperature today: 18C at 16:05 up from a low of 13.6C at 06:00.  Currently 16C.  Humidity 93% Wind currently NNW 2mph with 2 min average speeds of 2.4mph.  Pressure 1011.6hPa rising slowly.  

Today's highlight... not having to water the vegetable and flower beds 

Edit: Seem to have earned 15 new badges including a '15 years in' which apparently is deemed Rare - could this be reference to a prison sentence that I've forgotten about I wonder?   Whatever, 15 badges means it's more fun in here nowadays than being in the Girl Guides.  Haven't had to  once break a sweat, put up a tent in the dark, cook up a nifty meal for entire camp via one filthy frying pan, or rescue someone when the fire gets out of control. 

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 1

Posted

As expected, the rain all went to our west. Only managed 0.71mm but in a sunnier spell around lunchtime the temperature went up to 22.3c and it felt very humid as a result.

Currently 16.5c with no breeze and stars out. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Not all that much rain here at all today, just misty, murky and very muggy. The fields looked autumnal with the mist hanging over them this evening.

Hoping for a few sunny days to get out on the river on my new kayak!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Didn't turn out too bad a day here, most of the heavy rain missed, and what arrived was all gone by 10am, couple of spits and spots, that was it. Still warm, still in my shorts, mind you, I wear shorts in the winter, ha ha ha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
9 hours ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Heard weather forecast on Radio 4 just before 6pm referring to some parts of East Anglia receiving 60mm of rain today.  Am very surprised looking at the Cambridge totals that my weather station only recorded 19.4mm today because it rained from just after 7am for most of the day, varying from shocking Amazonian torrential (by which I mean my experience of the daily afternoon deluges in the rain forest near Manaus) to heavy constant rain, via downright pishing it down.  Worked from home today in my east facing office and confess to putting on fluffy bedsocks to support the very smart top half outfit (the best part of MS Teams meetings  ) and increasing radiator setting to 22.5C - it was freezing being surgically attached to the computer without moving for hours. 

Max temperature today: 18C at 16:05 up from a low of 13.6C at 06:00.  Currently 16C.  Humidity 93% Wind currently NNW 2mph with 2 min average speeds of 2.4mph.  Pressure 1011.6hPa rising slowly.  

Today's highlight... not having to water the vegetable and flower beds 

Edit: Seem to have earned 15 new badges including a '15 years in' which apparently is deemed Rare - could this be reference to a prison sentence that I've forgotten about I wonder?   Whatever, 15 badges means it's more fun in here nowadays than being in the Girl Guides.  Haven't had to  once break a sweat, put up a tent in the dark, cook up a nifty meal for entire camp via one filthy frying pan, or rescue someone when the fire gets out of control. 

I was radar watching most of the day, and we were stuck under orange and red echoes for a large part of the day from 7:30am-3:30pm, so I'm not too surprised that 50mm plus was recorded. Absolutely relentless. I was more surprised that it actually happened here though. Cambridge hardly every suffers from anything like relentless rain, snow or gales. Always seems to miss here.

The only box we usually tick is being up near the top of the temperature charts in summer heat! 

• Thanks 1

Posted

A more pleasant day today with a welcome return of sun.  Max temperature 21C at 15:37 up from a low of 14C at 06:00.  Currently 14C at 21:35 

Humidity: 89%

Wind: SW 0mps Average over 2 minutes: )mph

Pressure: 1016.2hPa rising slowly

Highlight of the day was pottering in the garden early evening before sunset, deadheading flowers with my dog and cat nearby quietly sunning themselves and being nice to each other.  Relaxing and therapeutic after the madness of another day in the life of the NHS.

• Like 2

Posted

What a glorious start to the day.

Mind, was extremely autumnal at half six this morning. Makes you glad to be alive. Winter is coming.

• Like 1

Posted

Very pleasant working in the garden. Really warm in the front as it faces the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Glorious day, much slashing and burning accomplished (well, no burning, we just trail it down to the wood to make bug homes and compost!)

Still currently a very summery evening, 19C. More please!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lot of mid/high level cloud to start, but once this cleared it has been a lovely day with patchy loud and good sunny spells. A high of 22c with a gentle westerly breeze. Not bad at all for September.

Posted

Some intermittent cloud this morning gave way to a gloriously sunny day.  Apparently.  5 MST video meetings and 2 long telephone meetings reduced ability to look up and out of the window...

Max temp 22C at 16:08 Currently 15C at 22:50

Humidity now 86%

Wind: SSW 0mph.  2 min average = 0mph

Pressure: 1016.4hPa rising slowly

Today's highlight - have just logged off work computer and now off to my bed 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

yay... lovely start to the day but nature hates the UK getting nice weather so she brought back the terrible cloudy skies

Posted

Max temperature recorded by weather station 21C at 13:55.  Currently 15C.

Humidity: 81%

Wind: SSW 0mph average over 2 minutes 0.0 and over 10 minutes 0.0 again...

Pressure: 1013.4 steady

Not long back from walking my dog across the fields in pitch black.  It feels exceptionally warm and slightly humid out there, almost a Mediterranean feel.  

Today's highlight was being out in the sun and realising what a lovely very warm day it was; possibly something to do with wearing hard hat, heavy steel toe boots and far too heavy hi viz jacket  while on construction site for one of the big new health facilities that I'm delivery lead for - a business as usual day, not a redeployment day to a front line jabbing for England day.   I like construction sites, far more more than vaccination sites.

Wine time now.  Night all 

Posted

Was another foggy/misty morning early on, but suns burned that off and currently 18c, barely any breeze today too.

Edit, another weather warning for rain tomorrow from 12pm til midnight, so I expect it to be dry all day then  

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 2