Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted

Up to 21c on the dot today, not bad with the wind yet again strengthened from the E/NE.

After all these months of streaming NE’ly, I hope this continues into autumn and winter so we might take advantage of some snowy streamers.

After the rubbish weather this summer ruined all my garden veg one way or another, I’m done with summer and looking forward to a snow watch or two ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, lottiekent said:

Up to 21c on the dot today, not bad with the wind yet again strengthened from the E/NE.

After all these months of streaming NE’ly, I hope this continues into autumn and winter so we might take advantage of some snowy streamers.

After the rubbish weather this summer ruined all my garden veg one way or another, I’m done with summer and looking forward to a snow watch or two ?

Agreed, veg has been more miss than hit this year, although a lot of my friends seem to have had a decent show. 

Here:

Asparagus - excellent

Beans - rubbish

Beetroot - good

Cucumbers (indoor) - excellent

Garlic - poor

Tomatoes (indoor) - v good

Tomatoes (outdoor) - rubbish

Salads - OK

Brassicas - rubbish

Leeks - passable

Squashes - mediocre (lack of rain)

Herbs - very good

Soft fruit - apples (non existent), currants (mediocre), raspberries (poor), blackberries (moderate). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Flooding not floating

Judging by this mornings radar returns yes..

And a lot of head scratching going on a well as it seems the system and main bulk of the rain is way further east than forecast..  

The arome back tracked its idea last night to something similar to what's showing on radar this morning..

Edited by Surrey
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Woken up to rain hammering on the window and the radar looks completely different to what the Met Office were forecasting just last night. ??‍♂️

Posted

Rather gloomy and drizzly, just on the outer edge of the finger of rain which has made a minor incursion into the region. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I'm kind of enjoying this gloomy morning. A bit annoyed that I'm just on the edge of some proper rain!

Posted
5 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

I'm kind of enjoying this gloomy morning. A bit annoyed that I'm just on the edge of some proper rain!

I was mid way through some serious slash and burn gardening yesterday but had to stop as the trailer was full.

Most inconvenient, it should only rain at night!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
8 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Agreed, veg has been more miss than hit this year, although a lot of my friends seem to have had a decent show. 

Here:

Asparagus - excellent

Beans - rubbish

Beetroot - good

Cucumbers (indoor) - excellent

Garlic - poor

Tomatoes (indoor) - v good

Tomatoes (outdoor) - rubbish

Salads - OK

Brassicas - rubbish

Leeks - passable

Squashes - mediocre (lack of rain)

Herbs - very good

Soft fruit - apples (non existent), currants (mediocre), raspberries (poor), blackberries (moderate). 

Tomatoes seem to be poor everywhere I read comments some people with hardlly any.

Best for me were the yellow ones like sungold and gigantics but think worse I have had for years.

All down to what... to much rain or not settled enough.

Apples, cherries none,  plums loads, raspberries loads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
17 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

Well all we have here is enough to make everywhere damp.
SO far missed all of the rain how is that possible 

Due south of you so that makes sense as its all going north/north east.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Tomatoes seem to be poor everywhere I read comments some people with hardlly any.

Best for me were the yellow ones like sungold and gigantics but think worse I have had for years.

We're growing the basic Gardener's Delight and Moneymaker this year, probably a good choice as they've done very well in the greenhouse. 

Posted
On 14/09/2021 at 09:11, seaside 60 said:

Well all we have here is enough to make everywhere damp.
SO far missed all of the rain how is that possible 

Due south of you so that makes sense as its all going north/north east.

Sun popped out just for  little while to my east, looks bright that way ,looks like the black hole of calcutter to my west though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
32 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

My garden was the best ever, especially green beans, courgettes, carrots, cucumbers and tomatoes, melons on the other hand died in June lol. Whenever I grow melons well, the rest of the garden is a complete disaster.

Posted

Main bulk of the rain is west of us here and going northwards so missing us, but there is another band coming from the south, northwards across Kent area that looks to come over us here in the east in the next few hours. Whether it drops some heavy rain or just annoying drizzle, time will tell.

Posted

Impressive proper soupy muggy feel this morning. Hammeringbit down till about 8.30 and the sun broke through for a little while. Now overcast and waiting for next band lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It took until about half 8 to start raining in Huntingdon, but it has been steady and constant ever since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal and interesting weather including summer storms and winter snow

25mm has fallen so far in WGC from this wet spell. Looks like its going to be a no gardening day...?️?️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

....and still the rain keeps falling. Over 5 hours of heavy and persistent rain now, and the rain gauge is currently at 36mm for the day. Could be up near 45-50mm by the time today is done! Wettest day for quite some time.

Posted
On 14/09/2021 at 13:07, Blazerblue said:

So far not enough drizzle to make the ground wet. 

Yep same here ,I've no rain gauge  but I have a divit, until it rains, then it transforms into a puddle ,I can transfere that info into ..lots ,average,not much at all,but i got a weak rainbow..thats enough excitement  for me today 

16316361509391210291233663266702.jpg

20210914_170654.jpg

Edited by TN9

Posted
4 hours ago, mb018538 said:

....and still the rain keeps falling. Over 5 hours of heavy and persistent rain now, and the rain gauge is currently at 36mm for the day. Could be up near 45-50mm by the time today is done! Wettest day for quite some time.

You were definitely under the heavy bit!

Don't think we've had enough to trouble the rain gauge but I'll check. At least the grass will be feeling a bit better.....

Posted
On 14/09/2021 at 17:18, TN9 said:

Yep same here ,I've no rain gauge  but I have a divit, until it rains, then it transforms into a puddle ,I can transfere that info into ..lots ,average,not much at all,but i got a weak rainbow..thats enough excitement  for me today 

16316361509391210291233663266702.jpg

20210914_170654.jpg

And to be more precise ,upper cloud is (if you  can believe it )moving NW,cor blimey a SE sterly ,but ,don't wanna jump to soon.because surface wind is of corz.NE again 

Posted

Well, I'm shocked and stunned.

12mm in the gauge, about 10mm more than I was expecting. Seems hours of drizzle can accumulate....