Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Trough currently moving across the Region, heading in a NE'ly direction. That'll perk up some dry gardens!

12.50: 417125193_Radar10Sept12_50.thumb.jpg.46b310fe31c611e2977b49c6149081ef.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A torrential albeit brief shower. Otherwise it has been mostly cloudy. Still quite warm outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

About as close as I'll get to seeing any rain. ☹️

Couple of distant rumbles.

16312845532111894204302700008896.jpg

Edited by Norfolk Sheep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

As expected not a drop of rain, let alone a storm, looks like it all went NW/N of us. Still warm and now more humid, yipppeee.  

Aye, BB, there have been promising thunderheads away to the SW, W, NW pretty much all afternoon. I guess they'll do their usual trick and vanish. Only to reappear a million miles out in the North Sea!

How many thunderstorm warnings have come to nowt this summer?

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, BB, there have been promising thunderheads away to the SW, W, NW pretty much all afternoon. I guess they'll do their usual trick and vanish. Only to reappear a million miles out in the North Sea!

How many thunderstorm warnings have come to nowt this summer?

All of em. Can hear very distant rumbles to the north, just north of you I think?

Posted
17 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

All of em. Can hear very distant rumbles to the north, just north of you I think?

Pretty much every single one.

The only storm I experienced was just north of Norwich at the end of July. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
3 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

About as close as I'll get to seeing any rain. ☹️

Couple of distant rumbles.

16312845532111894204302700008896.jpg

What a shame - that was so close! Unfortunately it all kicked off after moving through to the NE of you.

16.35: 756772861_Radar10Sept16_35.thumb.jpg.2a7c353950404d662848960744b85a01.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Well muggy/humid/blurgh sums up todays weather, cloudy and 21c so far today. Not a hint of rain yesterday, been ages since we had any kind of usable rain in these parts, ground absolutely solid, plants withering and grass brown and dead as a dodo.

Posted
On 05/09/2021 at 16:15, Captain Shortwave said:

What a difference a slight change of wind direction does. Blue skies across most of the region and temperatures inland getting close to heights seen in August of 26c.
30c certainly possible on Tuesday in favoured spots.

Do you not think we have had a gut full  this year of NE winds ,if any  body says this winter ,what could with.is north easterly,for once I'm gonna say,no ,not really  

Posted
On 11/09/2021 at 14:41, TN9 said:

Do you not think we have had a gut full  this year of NE winds ,if any  body says this winter ,what we could with.is  a north easterly,for once I'm gonna say,no ,not really  ,strange but true 

And if that high pressure had sat where its  has like a barnicle from November till March we would be snow men not making them  

Posted
On 11/09/2021 at 14:46, TN9 said:

And if that high pressure had sat where its  has like a barnicle from November till March we would be snow men not making them  

Even Larry ain't  laughing.no more ,hes had to  give it a wide.berth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Decent afternoon with good sunny spells and a gentle south westerly breeze. A high of 23c.

Posted
On 12/09/2021 at 10:09, Blazerblue said:

The morning has started out well, sunshine and a nice refreshing NW breeze, temp 17c. 

Strange clouds first thing this morning ,looked like the bottoms had fell out of them lol ..

20210913_062601.jpg

20210913_062102.jpg

20210913_062010.jpg

Posted

The cloud has slowly broken up to give some sunny spells. Just a very light easterly breeze.

Posted
On 13/09/2021 at 12:18, Blazerblue said:

Sunny spells and patchy blue skies today, 18c and the wind has turned NE/E'ly but still a pleasant breeze. Met office warning issued for rain tomorrow.

Well that will be something ,I'm not a light rain/drizzle fanatic ,but a full on warning for rain here , well its like a storm chasers  watching a supercell from birth to dissipating, I honestly can't wait ,fair play we had good lightning last week ,and that's all it really it was ,dry by morning so tiny amount of precipitation ,and please tell me your joking about wind being N Easterly did it ever vary ,even the weather vanes here are stuck pointing SW,need some wd40 on em

Posted

Another lovely day, plenty of sunshine; really making up for that godawful August.

A bit chilly out of the sun as the NE'ly got going in the afternoon (and yes, it was NE because I can tell from my neighbour's Norfolk flag!)

However desperately in need of rain now as the grass has gone from the upper end of moderately lush to borderline brown with added dust, trees and shrubs are shedding leaves far too early and looking quite stressed. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Today's max temp recorded as 21C at 13:34.  Currently 15C at 21:12

Humidity now 78%

Wind ENE 2mph average 2 minute speed 1.5mph

Pressure: 1016.3hPa steady

Able to eat supper outside again this evening which was very pleasant.  Highly unlikely with tomorrow's forecast from 07:00 for light rain, heavy rain, yellow warning of rain rain, reducing to light rain by 20:00.  More ☔ than ⛱️ in the garden methinks